1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My decklist for 2021? (Garbodor Xatu)

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by JFlo, May 21, 2020.

1. JFlo Aspiring Trainer
    JFlo

Deck I made after seeing a deck with the same strategy but uses Kartana from unbroken bonds instead of Xatu.

Edit 1:
    increasing glimwood tangle count to 4

Edit 2:
    forgot that escape board is rotating. adding piers and guzma&hala tag team in its place.
    Not too worried about Jirachi getting KO'd so it's fine. I may be running too many supporter cards... let me know what you think

Edit 3:
    Forgot that Cythia is rotating, replaced with professor's research. I also have marnies so let me know if that would be better.

Edit 4:
    Moving the glimwood count back to 3 to add Oricorio-GX. I don't think ill need 4 stadiums. worst-case scenario is all 3 of them get prized and my opponent plays none or has them all prized as well. but the chances are pretty low of that happening. most of the time there is always a stadium in play.

Edit 5:
    Acro Bike is also rotating. In its place I will add 2 lucky eggs. I think this would work. it would give me a tool to grab with Guzma and Hala.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 Natu CEC 78
    3 Xatu CEC 79
    3 Garbodor RCL 118
    3 Trubbish RCL 117
    1 Marshadow UNB 81
    4 Jirachi TEU 99
    2 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117
    1 Oricorio-GX

3 glimwood tangle DAB

4 Will CEC 208
    3 Piers DAB
    3 Guzma & Hala tag team
    3 Professor's research
    1 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
    1 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178

2 Pokemon Catcher SSH 175
    2 Pokemon Communication TEU 152
    2 Lucky Egg
    3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
    3 Quick Ball SSH 179

2 Psychic Energy
    4 Horror energy
    4 Capture Energy

Strategy: Get a Xatu active with enough energy to use "life drain". have a Garbodor on the bench with a stadium card active. Use Will to guarantee that "life drain" lands heads, leaving any pokemon in the entire game at 10 hp remaining. if Garbodor is setup use its ability to get the KO during Pokémon checkup.

extra Tech:
    G. Zig is incase you lose your Garb or it hasn't evolved yet to get that 10 damage for the ko. can also be used to snipe the one you missed off the bench since garb wasn't there to finish while it was active. can be found with piers.

piers I added since I have enough dark pokémon to justify it. it also doesn't say you can only grab dark energy or basic energy so I can also use it to get any of the 10 energy in the deck.

GuzHala tag team will let me get the much-needed stadium for garb to do his thing, can also get me capture energy, and perhaps a tool card if I end up adding one. if you have a suggestion for a tool card make sure its in 2021 standard rotation. thanks

any suggestions on changes would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Last edited: May 22, 2020

2. Dillonzer Aspiring Trainer
    Dillonzer

I'd recommend maybe another Glimwood and maybe some Guzma and Hala to ensure you can get them out. Since Garbodor only works if a Stadium is in play it'd be worth it to be able to fish out those Stadiums.

3. JFlo Aspiring Trainer
    JFlo

Thanks man. Updated the list. made some more changes.

4. FourteenAlmonds NTernetttt ERXploerer
    FourteenAlmonds

Especially since you can search it out, Horror Energy is probably worth subbing in for some basic Psychics

5. JFlo Aspiring Trainer
    JFlo

Should I add a Oricorio-GX? The benefit would be that my pokéon is going to be OHKO'd almost every single turn so I would get a lot of use out of its ability. the negative would be there's a gustable 2 prize card in the deck now. another benefit is I already have one.

Ok, at this point I think this is for sure the list I'm using 2021. if you subtract the cost of the cards I already have its literally 8 bucks. well, idk how much piers or glimwood tangle will be.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
  6. SableyeGuy Aspiring Trainer
    SableyeGuy

acro bike is rotating

7. JFlo Aspiring Trainer
    JFlo

Thanks

If any new cards come out that might fit in here please let me know. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020 at 12:06 PM

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?