"Must Have" cards?

Eros

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I'm a newbie to to the TCG and I'm looking to buy singles soon; I was wondering if some people tell me about some cards they feel are must haves, so I can look around for them to build a deck in the future.

I'm HOPING this is in the right area; I wasn't 100% sure where I could post it other than here.

Thanks,
Eros

Well, ussualy most decks haves are uxie's. They help with draw power and can have its own deck (Uxie donk).

There aren't really any "musts" but there are some staples that go well in lots of decks...
-Uxie LA
-Pokémon Collector HGSS
-Bebe's Search (SV?)
-Pokémon Communication HGSS
-Azelf LA
-Judge (UL?) somewhat.
-Professor Oak's New Theory HGSS
Those are my thoughts as far as staples. I probably missed one or two, but I think I got the more important ones.

@ scizor

Yeah, you only missed a few:

Palmers Contribution
Lookers Investigation (I prefer this over oaks new theory)
Spiritomb
Sableye(This and spiritomb not neccesary but very popular)

Thats all I thought of.

OOH OOH I KNOW A CARD YOU NEED:

Enerygys :p

Rare Candy is important if you're going to be running a deck with lots of Stage 2 Pokémon in it, as is Broken Time-Space. (Rare Candy can be found in Unleashed, Broken Time-Space in Platinum.)

There's not that many Pokémon Staples outside of what the previous 2 mentioned, although I would reccomend Crobat G and Unown Q, for their cool effects. The trainer card PokeTurn goes hand-in-hand with Crobat G. (Crobat G and PokeTurn are in Platinum, Unown Q is in Majestic Dawn.)

EDIT: And Palmer's Contribution
DOUBLE EDIT: ninja'd.

You can use Expert belt but its not nessessary. Its from Platinum Arceus.

Seeker is also an important card. @Scizor. Bebes is from RR, MT, and SW I think.

@ The power of three

OFF topic: Boom TPT, NINJA'd

On topic:

Also Double colorless energy is really neccesary in heave energy reliant decks

Thanks for the move, dragonexpert. Sorry about that.

Also, thank you so much guys. It means a lot. Any more?

I haven't a clue, really. I'm still trying to learn the shear basics of deck building. D:

Id reccomend buying some of the staples from ebay, for example Pokemon Collectors are like $5 bucks each on trollandtoad. I bought 4 for $9 on ebay when i was starting, so search ebay for 4x lots that they have on staple cards.

I got collector, judge, and double colorless this way.

I'm surprised nobody has said the single must have card in every deck (at least one copy of it).

Luxury Ball from Stormfront.

dmaster out.

smergle UD is kind of a staple too. being able to use your opponents supporters is awesome.

^Most decks have either Sableye, Spiritomb, or Smeargle (most, but not all) as a preferred starter, so OP, it helps a lot to kno wwhat type of deck you want to play and then maybe get one of these, since getting every one could be a bit expensive and unnecessary.

^he also said that he doesnt really know anything about the current decks or deck building.

Back