multi accounts

What if you were to A) Get sick of your account, make a new one, and stop using the old one, or B) Forget your password, and create a new account.

Are those acceptable?

[ChanseyMaster]

"What if you were to A) Get sick of your account, make a new one, and stop using the old one, or B) Forget your password, and create a new account."

If you were to ask someone like me, I could change your accounts name (obviously we won't allow someone changing names on a daily basis though.) and you could pretty much change your account to the point where it is a new one.

Also, forgetting your password isn't that big of a problem. E-mailing a supermod or something can have that taken care of.

There is a strict policy about duplicate accounts, especailly during ban evasion. Just DONT do it. EVER.

Well, I think that you are able to make another account if you have the right explainations and reasons for doing so. One of them is that you forget your account password like what was mentioned above. Next to that, you are able to explain to WPM about your Relative (Brother, sister, Cousin, Father, Mother, etc.) joining the forums, which is merely possible. WPM isn't THAT easy to be fooled, unless you have a way to proove it. Other than that, I think that there isn't any other reasonable reason for you to open a new account to the forums. And if IRC, you aren't able to open a new account if you're sick and depressed with your Account name or User ID.

~ ArmaldoEX

Eurgh, people only make multi accounts to pretend to be someone they aren't, and that often creates trouble. Believe me, I know from experience. Online schizophrenia is never a good thing.

RE:  multi accounts

jreeves said:
Pokebeach rules clearly state, "One account per person..!"

SRRY

Well, I don't think it is needed for you to post that quote in this thread as majority of the Forum Members will take a look at the Rules once in a while. So, It is just repeating something that is rather General to the Forums and it's members. Yes, it is indeed true thta only 1 person can have 1 Account, but let say this situation happens. A member has brothers and sisters and they share only ONE Computer, how can they join the Forums if WPM checks via IP? If there are more members joining and they're brothers and sisters want to join, there should be proof of their arrival. Like how Pokegym does it.(No Offense WPM). They get the members under 12 to get their Parents to Fax an "Application" into joining their Site. So, maybe we could set an age limit where members have to get their parents Signature or something similar to it.

~ ArmaldoEX

RE:   multi accounts

armaldoEX said:
jreeves said:
Pokebeach rules clearly state, "One account per person..!"

SRRY

Well, I don't think it is needed for you to post that quote in this thread as majority of the Forum Members will take a look at the Rules once in a while. So, It is just repeating something that is rather General to the Forums and it's members. Yes, it is indeed true thta only 1 person can have 1 Account, but let say this situation happens. A member has brothers and sisters and they share only ONE Computer, how can they join the Forums if WPM checks via IP? If there are more members joining and they're brothers and sisters want to join, there should be proof of their arrival. Like how Pokegym does it.(No Offense WPM). They get the members under 12 to get their Parents to Fax an "Application" into joining their Site. So, maybe we could set an age limit where members have to get their parents Signature or something similar to it.

~ ArmaldoEX
The problem with faxing is a lot of parents aren't going to go throught the trouble to do so, and just not let their children join. We could have members of each household all share a username, or have the people PM WPM to tell him of their solution, or PM a mod as well (because WPM would get about 100 PM's a day).

It all seems confusing to me :p.

Arcanine out.

This is jayh272416's question, post #1...

jayh272416 said:
is it allowed to have multi accounts if you are not banned? just asking.

So I don't think jayh272416 looked at the rules before posting this question Arcanine... And just to make sure you know, his question was, "is it allowed to have multi accounts if you are not banned? just asking." I simply answered the question...

the only reason I see for multi accounts is to burn people or hide. It should not be allowed unless you can prove your hard drive crashed....

Multiple accounts come at a price normally for one thing and one thing only,"the only reason I see for multi accounts is to burn people or hide. It should not be allowed unless you can prove your hard drive crashed...."
Arrow1 was right about burning people. Things can get way out of hand with members and eventually hurting peoples feeling. The account gets banned. The person who is being target with rude things should concat a MOD so they can see who is causing this. So multi account are bad.

Back