XY Most Difficult Gym Leader from Each Region

Gen 1: (FRLG) I'm pretty sure L.T. Surge came up as my first problem, but other than that, (RB) Sabrina.
Gen 2: (HGSS) Clair got me training *sigh*.
Gen 3: Brawley was a pain... But Winona's Altaria ._. I couldn't get past those Dragon Dances...
Bit of a pity I haven't played any of the later games...

Kanto: In R/B, Misty. Her Starmie was brutal. In FR/LG, Sabrina. Alakazam outsped and killed me constantly. Also, Calm Mind.

Johto: Clair. It took me a good 20 times to beat her back in Silver. I'm dead serious. That freaking Kingdra. >.< Also didn't help that Typhlosion was pretty much my only leveled up Pokemon at that point. I know, I was a stupid kid. I even had trouble with her in HG/SS with a well-trained Raikou.

Hoenn: A tie between Norman and Tate and Liza. Norman's Slaking would always give me trouble and it took me forever to KO it. I had an overleveled Hariyama on my team and it was still OHKO'ed by that Slaking! I needed to have my Pelipper use Protect when it was attacking and when it was loafing around I used Surf which barely did anything so it took me a half hour to beat it.
And Tate and Liza? Holy crap they were horrifying in all three games, especially Emerald. No matter how well balanced my team was, they would always have one move that was super effective on each one of my Pokemon.

Sinnoh: At this point I was getting better at level grinding, so I had no problems in D/P, but Fantina was a pain in Platinum. I needed to go back and catch a Buizel and evolve it before I could even touch her Mismagius.

Unova: No problems, but Elesa's Volt Switching was just plain annoying.

Kalos: By far the easiest Gym Leaders ever, but one does not simply OHKO Valerie's Sylveon.

For Kalos the hardest gym leader is Grant , only because of his Amaura and its Aurora beam.
For Sinnoh I think Maylene boy her Lucario is the toughest of the bunch.
And the Unovia im going to say Cilan' chilli and Cresd the gym leader trio because its anoying that depending on starter pokemon you face that element's weakness for example water vs grass.

Seven is a Color said:
Bolt the Cat said:
That was only in HGSS, they added a patch of grass before the guy that blocks the rest of the route. In the originals, you couldn't catch anything on Rt. 32 until after beating him and you only had access to Rock types for Falkner (either by catching a Geodude in Dark Cave or trading for the Onix in Violet City).
Oh. I didn't remember this because in the original GSC, I just plowed through everything with my Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion, not paying attention to the grass or which Pokemon appear where.

But Leaf_Ranger did mention HG.

Yes I did! ;)
Funny how I played HG with that Gold limitation in my mind and didn't even tried to explore and see if anything had changed! :rolleyes:

Back