Morpeko from “Crimson Haze!”

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
A new Morpeko has just been revealed from S5a Crimson Haze! The set will release in Japan on March 22nd.
Our Twilight Masquerade set in May should combine the cards from Crimson Haze, Japan’s Battle Academy decks, and April’s Mask of Change.
Thanks goes to Toine L. for the translation!
Morpeko – Electric – HP70
Basic Pokémon
Ability: Snack Search
Once during your turn, you may look at the top card of your deck. Then, you may discard it.
[L] Pick and Patch: Attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from your...

Continue reading...

Lets hope this is the kind of acceleration we'll get in H-on. This is genuinely a great card. Takes a turn to accelerate and has a condition, but also powers itself up and has utility even later in the game. More of this.

Interesting and Unique engine for many decks with free bench space, Buddy Poffin searchable and stackable effect. 4/5

i think this card is good card design, but unfortunately it's definitely not competitively viable. even if you're playing a very slow deck, there's just too many fast methods of acceleration and drawing that outclass this morpeko. i love the art, though

Seems like it might be a nice little one-of in Miraidon if you can’t get enough energy on the board. Wish it had free retreat too (though it does work with Beach Court if Miraidon chooses that Stadium)

The fact that they keep highlighting fair and balanced energy acceleration makes me think that they are trying to move away from the bathshit crazy design philosophy of Baxcalibur, Gardy ex, and Charizard ex, Mirage gate, and friends, in favour of something less explosive. Hopefully they keep printing cards like these, and once the G-block rotates stuff will slow down.

This is what an ideal uncommon should be, usable in a wide variety of decks, and good in a few decks (Miraidon/any deck that looks at the top x cards of the deck for attacks).

Funny to see that the two Morpeko from the SV era are arguably better designed than any Morpeko we got in the entirety of the SwSh era.

Last edited:
The fact that they keep highlighting fair and balanced energy acceleration makes me think that they are trying to move away from the bathshit crazy design philosophy of Baxcalibur, Gardy ex, and Charizard ex, Mirage gate, and friends, in favour of something less explosive. Hopefully they keep printing cards like these, and once the G-block rotates stuff will slow down.
Imagine how fun the format would be if they reset power creep (at least in regards to energy acceleration) once the G block rotated!

I NEED IT. The morpeko would go great with my other morpekos, pikachus, and zeraoras that shall be locked in storage forever and ever and ever. :)

Back