More Revealed About Wiglett, the Garden Eel Pokemon

Why are people so darn angry about one Pokémon design. It’s such a small deal. Writing salty books in the comment section about one Pokémon design is just weird

Please look up the meaning of "convergent evolution" and reevaluate this post.
This is a video game, and one that doesn't reflect actual biology or nature even remotely. "Convergent Evolution," a term I have yet to see Pokemon even use (and they probably won't because "evolution" means something different in Pokemon anyway), would need to somehow have a mechanical difference to regional variants, otherwise it's just the same thing: a redesign of a Pokemon that already exists to match a different environment. It's silly for Pokemon to convolute that idea by doing it but saying it's not it. Ultimately none of this matters though, I just don't like this design.

This is a video game, and one that doesn't reflect actual biology or nature even remotely. "Convergent Evolution," a term I have yet to see Pokemon even use (and they probably won't because "evolution" means something different in Pokemon anyway), would need to somehow have a mechanical difference to regional variants, otherwise it's just the same thing: a redesign of a Pokemon that already exists to match a different environment. It's silly for Pokemon to convolute that idea by doing it but saying it's not it. Ultimately none of this matters though, I just don't like this design.
it's fine if you don't like the design, but to say it isn't convergent evolution because TPC hasn't said the words is kinda weird.

Screeew you Pokemon, just design something new if you don't want it to be related to Diglett. Or at LEAST name it something other than "Wiglett." I just don't see how to understand this in anyway other than sheer laziness or an ironic joke by the designers.
I hate gen 1 cash grabs MORE than the next guy, but this is a Convergent Pokemon. Convergent species are a very real thing. No offense but, if anything, it's stupid of them to not have done this sooner. There's problem countless Convergent species living in the Pokemon world- of course we'd see them at some point!

Lmao "convergent evolutions" aren't original, they're just region variants. There's nothing about this that doesn't make it a region variant; we even know that regional variants can evolve into totally new Pokemon like Galarian Sirferched or Obstagoon. Also, people have been complaining about lame designs since forever; I don't believe in being "out of ideas," the internet is full of great ideas and inspirations by fans. No, this is something else. Personally, I think this was just a bad idea that should've been rejected but wasn't.
Except that's not true. This is THEIR franchise- you don't get to decide or debate or disagree with, they are literally the same as real life convergent species. Hell, if anything, there's probably already unconfirmed convergent Pokemon that haven't been called convergent yet- What if Talonflame is just a convergent species of Pidgeot? Who knows. If you were a genuine person who actually cared about the betterment of the games, you'd be happy. This is an awesome step- albeit massively held back by it being A. ANOTHER gen 1 related Pokemon, and B. the second diglett-related form- but still, this could have huge bonuses going forward. Imagine a convergent species based on Hydreigon that's actually a tank, like the designers wanted to go with originally. In my opinion, you're a diddly darn doofus if this is anything but beneficial.

Back