JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Wiglett has made its English-language debut in a video posted to the official Pokemon YouTube channel. As noted before, Wiglett is not a Paldean form of Diglett, but is a new Pokemon with a very similar appearance.

Pokemon_SV_Wiglett_Art_1-200x194.png

Wiglett, the Garden Eel Pokemon

Pokemon_SV_Diglett_Art_1-200x185.png

Diglett, the Mole Pokemon

Wiglett
Boasting an exceptional sense of smell, Wiglett is able to pick up scents from over 60 feet away. It has a skittish disposition and is constantly cautious of its surroundings. When it notices the scent of other Pokémon, Wiglett burrows into the sand to conceal itself.
Wiglett pokes a part of its body out of the sand to feed in the ocean. It’s still unclear what...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The point about "Wugtrio" is pretty apt, perhaps it's not a regional form specifically because they did not want to make a "Wugtrio".

machamps_fifth_hand

Aspiring Trainer
Screeew you Pokemon, just design something new if you don't want it to be related to Diglett. Or at LEAST name it something other than "Wiglett." I just don't see how to understand this in anyway other than sheer laziness or an ironic joke by the designers.
Don't be so negative. I'm sure more pokemon in the game will be cleverly named and designed.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
I love the idea of convergent evolution being represented in Pokemon. I wonder if Wiglett is also a case of Batesian Mimicry. Maybe it evolved to look like the ground-type Diglett so nobody would use electric attacks on it?

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I love how people wait until we get an unoriginal design to complain about how they're out of ideas.

It's even more ironic in this case, since introducing convergent evolution into the series is an original idea in itself.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
He's so cute just listen to that cry...quite derpy looking but that's gotta be by design.

SSBBDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
Wigglet moveset:

Harden, Pound, Body Slam, Drill Peck, String Shot, Sticky Web, and Rock Wrecker.

If you use Harden or Rock Wrecker it's ability will change from Gooey to Solid Wrock.

Very unique

Polaris

I love how people wait until we get an unoriginal design to complain about how they're out of ideas.

It's even more ironic in this case, since introducing convergent evolution into the series is an original idea in itself.
Lmao "convergent evolutions" aren't original, they're just region variants. There's nothing about this that doesn't make it a region variant; we even know that regional variants can evolve into totally new Pokemon like Galarian Sirferched or Obstagoon. Also, people have been complaining about lame designs since forever; I don't believe in being "out of ideas," the internet is full of great ideas and inspirations by fans. No, this is something else. Personally, I think this was just a bad idea that should've been rejected but wasn't.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Lmao "convergent evolutions" aren't original, they're just region variants. There's nothing about this that doesn't make it a region variant; we even know that regional variants can evolve into totally new Pokemon like Galarian Sirferched or Obstagoon. Also, people have been complaining about lame designs since forever; I don't believe in being "out of ideas," the internet is full of great ideas and inspirations by fans. No, this is something else. Personally, I think this was just a bad idea that should've been rejected but wasn't.
Please look up the meaning of "convergent evolution" and reevaluate this post.