Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve now learned our special Crown Zenith set will feature staggered releases. This is similar to Pokemon GO, which saw its products release over a three month period.
As posted before, the first Crown Zenith products will release on January 20th. This includes a V Box and an Elite Trainer Box featuring Lucario.
Today we’ve learned a second wave of products will release on February 17th. This includes…

A VMAX Box with five booster packs, a VMAX promo, and a V promo
Pin Collections with three booster packs, a promo card, and a pin
Mini Tins with two booster packs and a sticker sheet

We should be getting our first Scarlet & Violet set in February (if history holds true). This means Crown Zenith would see its second wave of products...

Continue reading...

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
- V Box might be Quagsire V
- ETB Promo might be RR Lucario VSTAR or SAR Lucario V/VSTAR if there is one in VSTAR Universe (although it would be weird to have one in the set and one as a promo)
- VMAX Box might be CoroCoro Pikachu V/VMAX
- Pin collections might be where they release the gym promos that don't have a place in the set (Pancham, Galarian Meowth and Aerodactyl)

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
These special sets with no normal booster boxes were a lot better when they didn’t come out anywhere near as often. Pokemon starting to look as greedy at WOTC and talk about being bad for the environment with all these large boxes that waste so much plastic and cardboard

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
These special sets with no normal booster boxes were a lot better when they didn’t come out anywhere near as often. Pokemon starting to look as greedy at WOTC and talk about being bad for the environment with all these large boxes that waste so much plastic and cardboard
Honestly, all these product boxes are ridiculous. ETBs are nice because the box has a functional use after the fact, but those large rectangular boxes (the ones with figures and/or jumbo cards) with the plastic blistering inside them have always felt off to me.

There isn't really a better way to package jumbo cards without risking damage to the cards though, in which case the question I have is – do people really like jumbo cards?

Nirvanna21

Mew.
There isn't really a better way to package jumbo cards without risking damage to the cards though, in which case the question I have is – do people really like jumbo cards?

I don't like jumbo cards personally, but I know others that do. But I really hate V-Union cards, as they have denied me many otherwise awesome looking regular sized cards.

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
The only ones I liked were the V-Union ones, because it was cool having all 4 parts as 1 card.
Yeah the only ones that are worth collecting/making are the ones that combine cards that are multiples like the V-Unions and the dialga palkia legend and darkrai creselia legend and ones that just are to strong to be playable (but then again they could just print those as regular size cards and put on the back or in small font on the bottom not tournament legal).

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, all these product boxes are ridiculous. ETBs are nice because the box has a functional use after the fact, but those large rectangular boxes (the ones with figures and/or jumbo cards) with the plastic blistering inside them have always felt off to me.

Even the tins suck these days, I mean you can’t use them to store cards without damaging them and who needs something that big for dice or damage counters? I’m sure you can fill landfills with the number of tins thrown away

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Even the tins suck these days, I mean you can’t use them to store cards without damaging them and who needs something that big for dice or damage counters? I’m sure you can fill landfills with the number of tins thrown away
If I have a landfills of tins, I would make decent money. Aluminum is frequently used.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Let's hope they won't add those trainers with autograph in them. Seriously, why would they wait so long to add these? I am pretty sure most of us doesn't care about them anymore. Currently, according to justinbasil's website, there are over 110 potential cards that will appear on the subset. Should a subset contain over 150 cards? Well, if we keep adding about 300 cards per set, then yes that would feel like a subset. What a great to end the Shield and Sword series, finding another way to make it impossible to assemble the entire full art collection. [klap klap klap klap]

Last edited:

Nirvanna21

Mew.
Let's hope they won't add those trainers with autograph in them. Seriously, why would they wait so long to add these? I am pretty sure most of us doesn't care about them anymore. Currently, according to justinbasil's website, there are over 110 potential cards that will appear on the subset. Should a subset contain over 150 cards? Well, if we keep adding about 300 cards per set, then yes that would feel like a subset. What a great to end the Shield and Sword series, finding another way to make it impossible to assemble the entire full art collection. [klap klap klap klap]

To be fair, I want them to get everything they can in, with hopes that the issue won't be present in future sets. Granted, probably not but I would like to think so. Also please get those Japanese exclusive cards in English kthxbye.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
We already know the autograph cards are in the set.
Also, the subset will be 70 cards not 110 or 150. The set per se will have at least 147 before secret rares.

People have always complained about lots of cards never making it to english and the one time where they are making an effort to minimize that to not repeat the mistakes of the past (aka Tag All Stars) people now complain that the set might be too big? Special sets don't have a fixed number of cards, there's no rule that they have to be under x number of cards.