MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
That Deoxys is SICK OMG I'm praying that it's the gold full art Shiny for this set, that would be my dream come true😭

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Most people's evaluation of Gengar&Minimyu-GX on this thread are really poor. It's not Poltergeist that makes it good, it's Horror House.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I did not expect Chandelure.
Also the VMAX art looks amazing.

Also,why Deoxys has 3 goddamit Battle Styles?

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
VERY happy to see Chandelure get a V and VMAX. And perhaps I'm just nostalgic for Stormfront Gengar, but I always like seeing the Poltergeist attack return. I'd love to make a deck with this, just for fun.
... and with my second favorite pokémon on top of that :( The art sure looks amazing though.
Funny enough, Chandelure's my second favorite Pokemon too!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
I have the entirety of the Family Box Set 2 in my list (well, all the new stuff, at least, minus Cinderace V) and I think I may have a promo or two you may not. I linked my prospective set list in your thread on Fusion Strike's partial set list.

Also, I now have 181. (These counts are before the secret rares, of course.)

Last edited:

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Aw man, I originally read Chandelure as item lock and got super hyped. The attack is kinda cool and reminds me of gengar mimikyu but can't see it being a super competitive card.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Chandelure would have been awesome if it ITEM-locked your opponent. Tools are not played that much, so its ability won't help it much. If it item-locked it could have been great not only as an attacker, but in many different types of decks. What a wasted opportunity, and with my second favorite pokémon on top of that :( The art sure looks amazing though.

No, that would have been far too powerful.

lol wut, you wanted your 320HP behemoth that hits 70x Trainers to also have one-sided item lock built-in? lmao that's like wishing RS Urshi had an ability that made all opponent's mons now have 120HP rofl what the heck...

Ahahaha, ok, maybe I went overboard lol :p But as it is, it is probably non-competitive. And I like this pokémon so much...!

EDIT: What I'm hoping for, now, is for something like item-lock Garbodor to return so I can use it alongise Chandelure hehehe

Ugh, I am NOT a fan of Gengar & Mimikyu GX so seeing Chandelure VMAX following the same trend is honestly depressing. Whatever happened to giving cards damage caps?

That said I’m at least happy to at least see that it’s packing a Water Weakness (where there’s a ton of Water support), its Ability is only functional if it‘s the Active Pokémon and Path to the Peak being legal, and it’ll be in a Welder-less Standard format.
Some of you think this card is good, some of you think it is bad, but with the power that this card packs, the low Energy cost, and the ability to prevent your opponent from playing a certain type of Trainer card will almost certainly make this card one of the top-tier decks of its format.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Most people's evaluation of Gengar&Minimyu-GX on this thread are really poor. It's not Poltergeist that makes it good, it's Horror House.
I think you are only thinking on the last months use of GengarKyu where he become a supporter for Calyrex pretty much, but before of that Horror House barely have any use anyway and I think people comparison is with Gengarkyu as is own deck, sure Horror House was really helpful but was mostly annoying rather than game defining, Chandelure hit harder so you need less cards to reach more damage, have more HP (GengarKyu was on the lowest side of HP for Tag Teams while Chandelure is on the average side) and it has a lock-tool abilitie which in most decks could at least guaranteed 140 damage in a few ocassions, so yeah GengarKyu have more utilitie than Chandelure but speaking as an attacker is it own deck Chandelure might be better, if some kind of item lock is added easy will be a better deck than GengarKyu was

Last edited:

Butwhytho

Aspiring Trainer
Chandelure would have been awesome if it ITEM-locked your opponent. Tools are not played that much, so its ability won't help it much. If it item-locked it could have been great not only as an attacker, but in many different types of decks. What a wasted opportunity, and with my second favorite pokémon on top of that :( The art sure looks amazing though.
I am gonna let you think about what you just typed for a second.

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
Okay, the three styles is kind of cool, but it doesn't make much sense to combine the first two with a fusion of the first two.