Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several more cards from Japan’s Fusion Arts set have been revealed, including a Deoxys that features all three Battle Styles! Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Maractus – Grass – HP110
Basic Pokemon
[G] Peck: 20 damage.
[G][C] Ditch and Shake: 50x damage. Discard any number of Pokemon Tools from your hand. This attack does 50 damage for each card you discarded in this way.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Chandelure V – Fire – HP200
Basic Pokemon
[R] Confuse Ray: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.
[R][C] Poltergeist: 40x...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I didn't realize that these Pokemon could have more than one Style... maybe the Fusion Style can be paired with one of the other Styles, and Deoxys gets to have all three since that's fitting of its nature/biology!

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Chandelure would have been awesome if it ITEM-locked your opponent. Tools are not played that much, so its ability won't help it much. If it item-locked it could have been great not only as an attacker, but in many different types of decks. What a wasted opportunity, and with my second favorite pokémon on top of that :( The art sure looks amazing though.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Omg, I never expected the Chandelure!!! Look how boss that art looks, holy... :O Don't know about playability though unfortunately. The attack is relatively easy to play around. Plus, it's a hard time being weak to water these days. Ice Rider will be one of the most prevalent decks in the upcoming formats.

And look at Meltan's art, battle styles managed to infuse personality in even the most boring mons, look at that cute little fella all fired up training <3

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Chandelure would have been awesome if it ITEM-locked your opponent. Tools are not played that much, so its ability won't help it much. If it item-locked it could have been great not only as an attacker, but in many different types of decks. What a wasted opportunity, and with my second favorite pokémon on top of that :( The art sure looks amazing though.
No, that would have been far too powerful.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
lol wut, you wanted your 320HP behemoth that hits 70x Trainers to also have one-sided item lock built-in? lmao that's like wishing RS Urshi had an ability that made all opponent's mons now have 120HP rofl what the heck...

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Macaractus feels like a harder to pull Blacephalon and Chandelure as a strongest Gengarkyu

I was expecting Fusion Style to be cards able to use elements from both Rapid and Single Strike and Deoxys its quite that but Mew would make a lot more sense as the first with multiple styles, assuming there will be more than just Deoxys

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Ahahaha, ok, maybe I went overboard lol :p But as it is, it is probably non-competitive. And I like this pokémon so much...!

EDIT: What I'm hoping for, now, is for something like item-lock Garbodor to return so I can use it alongise Chandelure hehehe

Last edited:

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh, I am NOT a fan of Gengar & Mimikyu GX so seeing Chandelure VMAX following the same trend is honestly depressing. Whatever happened to giving cards damage caps?

That said I’m at least happy to at least see that it’s packing a Water Weakness (where there’s a ton of Water support), its Ability is only functional if it‘s the Active Pokémon and Path to the Peak being legal, and it’ll be in a Welder-less Standard format.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
The art of the Vmax chandelure is phenomenal, that Deoxys is a really interesting idea aswell. you could do fusion energy and 2 single strike energy aswell as those fusion tablets to do 230 damage (or more). I’m surprised Meltan and melmetal aren’t fusion because melmetal is literally tonnes of meltan fused together.
Edit - I misremembered the attack as 90+90 rather than 80+80 so total reduced by 20

Last edited:

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Its ability is not great. And it doesn't have Gengikyu's GX attack, which is what really made them a bit broken. Now, to also wish for a N reprint... N and then Marnie in the endgame would be very good for it!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Deoxys - this is the first and might be the only card with 3 Battle Style aspects on. Without SS Energy, you won't KO a Crobat in that range. That might be your only redeeming factor here. 3-4

Maractus - good yet not efficient to play. You'll be screwed on the damage loop if you aim to have every turn KOs. 3

Staryu/Starmie - this thing has so many issues. 1.) Damage Loop 2.) Weak to RS Urshifu 3.) Not even easy to turn 1 it. 3

Meltan/Melmetal - you have one job to make a decent card yet it needs 3 energy on a SS Pokemon. 3

Chandelure V/VMAX - this have some usage. Although, the loss of Welder really pushes off the track. 4-5

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
WOW! That Candelure is an AMAZING looking card! The other cards also have great artwork, but Chandelure? It takes an impressive piece of art to make me especially interested in a VMAX when they all have more or less the same background, and THIS Chandelure looks simply incredible!
At the same time, I can't help being concerned that we now only have 2 slots remaining for possible unreleased gigantamax VMAXs in our English Fusion Strike. And one or both of them may be filled by more non-gigantamax VMAXs. Well, I'm still 99% sure that we will get all of them, and unless VMAX Climax is a new mechanic that will give VMAXs a complete facelift (and/or unless SWSH gets new gigantamax forms to comemorate the release of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus), the number of Gigantamax Pokémon remaining is not enough for a full year of VMAXs.
Also, I like the fact that Deoxys has all three Battle Styles. If this is the end of the Battle Styles era (and let's face it, it probably is), then it looks like it will be a very splendid resolution indeed.