More ‘Double Crisis’ Cards Revealed in ‘CoroCoro Ichiban’ [1/21]

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Team Magma/Aqua just went from 'I should probably purchase some Silent Labs' to 'Looks fun, I'll give it a try' to 'Wow, this could become a potential top tier archetype'.

Because of how there are less Team Magma/Aqua cards now then before, I assume that Aqua/Magma Energy will not be discarded at the end of your turn.

Also, I think this is the first Fighting Type Aggron since the Gen 3 era. Strange indeed...

Considering that Team Magma's Zangoose was a pretty strong attacker back in the day, it seems possible that it could turn out to be strong if it retains a more powerful version of his original attack. Maybe 20 per Magma card instead of 10?

Also seems like there might be a text change for Magma/Aqua ball, so they don't require a coin flip. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that, but whatever.

Walrein gets ANOTHER card? If they can at least make it semi-playable, I won't be mad, but considering how pathetic Walrein FLF & PRC are, I have doubts. :(

Oh, Mightyena's back. I don't really have an honest opinion on Mightyena returning, since he was a pretty obvious choice, but I do hope that it at least is an interesting card. The last 2 Mightyena's were both really uninteresting and had no redeeming quality, so maybe they'll fix it here.

Kalyst

Aspiring Trainer
There was alot of text for the new double energy so heres to hoping they update the card properly and not give it the drawback of discarding. Magma Aqua Ball should just (hopefully) be like Plasma Ball. This is such a tiny set that making it just search for any Team specific Pokemon regardless of whether its Basic or not should be good. I'm really hoping theyll continue with the Flare style tools for the next set after this but for Team Aqua/Magma.

They hype is starting to get real.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
At least to me it's kind of dissapointing that the only way we get fighting type versions of Aggron is through Aqua/Magma stuff.

Getting more and more certain that we won't get M. Sharpedo EX and M. Camerupt EX in this thing.