Monday, 7/17, Lots of News

Pokemaster1110

Team Snorlax Leader
ChanseyMaster said:
I kinda don't like this whole thing where Physical Attacks and Special Attacks are going to be classified differently. That's going to take a lot of getting used to. Now all of my Slakings, Explouds, Rayquazas, etc won't be able to do as much damage. If they do end up doing that, I'm sure they'll make another move equal to hyper beam with damage and effect that is a Physical move, just so the powerhouses can stay as strong.

I'm hoping it's not true myself. Talk about most of your old, carefully trained Pokemon becoming useless. Not to mention that I've spent the last what, six years memorizing all the types and effects and match-ups, and they would change it all? Let's hope it's not true.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt I can't wait for D/P now and I hope you guys read my thread from PPN and the theme decks look like FR/LG boxes but they are cool and I hope the TFG will make it to the USA soon.:)

survivor

Working on FFS Deck
Why you people are complaining about these changes? Do you really want to play a game with the same style, but with only new pokemons or a game with new pokemons and a different style of playing. I mean we all got sick of having a fire/water/grass starters .

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
survivor said:
Why you people are complaining about these changes? Do you really want to play a game with the same style, but with only new pokemons or a game with new pokemons and a different style of playing. I mean we all got sick of having a fire/water/grass starters .

I think it is cool because we need new starter pokemon for a change instead of water fire and grass. The change to dark fighting or psychic changes the aspect of the new games and it will be fun too.:)

EDIT they might even make the other starters that we have had in the past wild instead of the way it is now.:)

bacon

!!!!!
RE:   Monday, 7/17, Lots of News

Pokemaster1110 said:
ChanseyMaster said:
I kinda don't like this whole thing where Physical Attacks and Special Attacks are going to be classified differently. That's going to take a lot of getting used to. Now all of my Slakings, Explouds, Rayquazas, etc won't be able to do as much damage. If they do end up doing that, I'm sure they'll make another move equal to hyper beam with damage and effect that is a Physical move, just so the powerhouses can stay as strong.

I'm hoping it's not true myself.  Talk about most of your old, carefully trained Pokemon becoming useless.  Not to mention that I've spent the last what, six years memorizing all the types and effects and match-ups, and they would change it all?  Let's hope it's not true.

I completely agree! My squad would be completely dead... they should leave it as it is. Although I think dark attacks should be changed to physical really...

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
They should kep it the same but maybe it will be better too who knows.:)

Mind Reader

Aspiring Trainer
RE:    Monday, 7/17, Lots of News

bacon-boy said:
Pokemaster1110 said:
ChanseyMaster said:

I'm hoping it's not true myself.  Talk about most of your old, carefully trained Pokemon becoming useless.  Not to mention that I've spent the last what, six years memorizing all the types and effects and match-ups, and they would change it all?  Let's hope it's not true.

I completely agree! My squad would be completely dead... they should leave it as it is. Although I think dark attacks should be changed to physical really...

I think it's good, cause then you can't just swap your good pokemons from RSERG, you have to train on DP, and figure out new ways to play. The fun is to learn, and get new stuff. Not just the same old.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Mind Reader said:
bacon-boy said:
Pokemaster1110 said:
ChanseyMaster said:

I'm hoping it's not true myself. Talk about most of your old, carefully trained Pokemon becoming useless. Not to mention that I've spent the last what, six years memorizing all the types and effects and match-ups, and they would change it all? Let's hope it's not true.

I think it's good, cause then you can't just swap your good pokemons from RSERG, you have to train on DP, and figure out new ways to play. The fun is to learn, and get new stuff. Not just the same old.

Yeah and it will make it more of a challenge and a lot more interesting.:)

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Heh, I knew they would make a Blastoise theme deck for this set. :p

I hope the starter Pokemon remain Grass/Fire/Water.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Chimecho3000 said:

The starters are going to be dark psychic and fighting. I wish they were the same but it will change a lot of stuff with the new games coming out.:)

MagesPages

Aspiring Trainer
New starters is a very very very very very bad idea!!!!!!! Fire grass water are the three basic types, and are perfect for the simple start of the game. On the site, where you hear all this info, you get a little character and walk around this place called Pokemon garden. You talk to other characters who are supposed to be the game designers. I think this is supposed to be like them brain storming and none of this is final. EI: The game designers are considering a roselia ev., not saying it is a fact. Maybe I'm just trying to look for excuses for the worst pokemon decision ever made. Fire Grass Water forever.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
RE:   Monday, 7/17, Lots of News

xxashxx said:
Chimecho3000 said:

The starters are going to be dark psychic and fighting. I wish they were the same but it will change a lot of stuff with the new games coming out.:)

Yes, I know. But the game is still under development, so they still might change it.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Physical and Special attacks might now be based off the attacks themselves, not the elemental type they are classified as.
Hmm. So, in other words, even though you can take Pokemon from the 3rd Gen into D/P, don't bother unless you're lucky and their moves are all of the correct new classification. Yay.

No more CB'd Exploding Metagross =(

Crazy Weavile

I'm back!
Well, Weavile's going to be good! Bite will be Physical now, so I'm breeding a Biting Sneasel. Hitmonchan in DP will rock too, because it gets the ability to do some fairly good damage with the Elemental punches.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
alakazam is getting weak, no more strong elementary punches

oh, and my jirachi, it has a lot of attack, which was useful to attack with doom desire, but it's getting SPECIAL...*needs to do some de-EV training with berries and drugs to increase it's special attack(only doing it once I have d/p)*

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
RE:  Monday, 7/17, Lots of News

bass_forte said:
Physical and Special attacks might now be based off the attacks themselves, not the elemental type they are classified as.
Hmm. So, in other words, even though you can take Pokemon from the 3rd Gen into D/P, don't bother unless you're lucky and their moves are all of the correct new classification. Yay.

No more CB'd Exploding Metagross =(
Thank God! But this could COMPLETELY destroy Pokemon teams:( Like what if they made Earthquake into a special attack? AAAAAH! Then Tyranitar wouldn't be usefulO.O

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
YAY, slaking is less broken, why does everyone hate that, all those broken monsters are a little less broken

hey, would secret power be special *very important*

Crazy Weavile

I'm back!
I dunno. But I know the next ultra-sweeper: Bite Weavile.
King's Rock on it and massive Speed make for a near-sure flinch. And, any STAB Physical attack does obscene amonts of damage with a Sneasel's Attack- but it never had STAB on anything physical before, and Weavile will have even HIGHER Attack and Speed. Dear god, that thing's broken.

masterryanx

N
Interesting info... I wonder how this whole starter thing is going to turn out... *ponders* And that whole attack thing totally caught me off gaurd, who knew GameFreak would pull something like this in D/P. The underground thing sounds fun. And ya, Roselia really needs an evolution, I wonder what it might be like? As for the TFG, I wonder what PUSA's motive was for us getting the game last? And I can't wait for the Comic-Con news WPM!

Oh, ya, and those new decks look pretty cool. I just hope I can convince the owner of my local game store to hold a pre-release... -__-;;