Mini-modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
Hey everyone.  Today I'm going to discuss a little issue that has occurred on the forums for quite some time.  Some members here have taken the liberty to tell other members what is and isn't allowed, to such an extent that it is seen as bullying; something I do not like seeing.  You know who you are.

I have seen various examples of this, including:

"Don't double post"

"Don't spam my topic"

"Don't make your sig/avatar/banner/whatever image so big"

"You're going off topic"

"Don't cause trouble or I'll report you"

All of these things are not only things that should never be in a post, they are distracting and viewed as condescending to others.

There are much more subtle ways of getting the point across to somebody about it.  These include:

Using the "! Report" button to report an offensive/spamming/double post, in which case a MODERATOR (not a member) will take care of it.  You don't take matters into your own hands.

Discussing the actual topic of a thread instead of arbitrarily saying "you're going off topic sir".  While it's usually accepted to state "Hey, can you please not discuss that in my thread please?" are allowed, it should not be done in a manner that is comparable to kicking them in the stomach.

PMing a moderator about members breaking avatar/signature rules.  And on this note, all members that do not comply to the avatar/signature size rules within the allotted time mentioned in the rules will be temporarily banned, as it says.

I hope that next time you decide to say any of the above crude, condescending phrases (and even those I didn't cover), think twice and refer to this thread.  There is absolutely no tolerance for being rude to a person breaking the rules.

Holy Star said:
I have seen various examples of this, including:

"Don't double post"

"Don't spam my topic"

"Don't make your sig/avatar/banner/whatever image so big"

"You're going off topic"

"Don't cause trouble or I'll report you"
Could add to that list:
Coolest & Fav. pokemon....
As there's already a "Sticked/Pinned" thread for it.
(also soz for the mini-mod)

HS, good call on making this thread. Sticky it as all members need to read this.

Shawn out.

Light Venusaur, that's only spamming.  What I'm talking about is people who decide that it's ok to yell at members who are, more than likely, younger and newer to message boards and therefore are prone to breaking the rules.

EDIT: And stickied!

good thread.....We should have a link to this is the NOOB guide [which NOBODY READS!]

I dont see why people mini-mod anyway.....it just makes you look snobby unless you help the person. Its like doing a math worksheet and someone tells you your doing it wrong and then leaves....

Black Rayquaza said:
good thread.....We should have a link to this is the NOOB guide [which NOBODY READS!]

I dont see why people mini-mod anyway.....it just makes you look snobby unless you help the person. Its like doing a math worksheet and someone tells you your doing it wrong and then leaves....
The noob guide...Firstly, it sucks. (I'm offending myself). Secondly, it wasn't endorsed by the staff members officially until...erm...never? Will add it, anyway.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Black Rayquaza said:

The noob guide...Firstly, it sucks. (I'm offending myself). Secondly, it wasn't endorsed by the staff members officially until...erm...never? Will add it, anyway.

Well, everyone liked it. Btw, Blastoise King, please use proper English.

Oh right! That was one I forgot.

Don't make it your priority to tell others how to post. "Use proper English" and "Use proper Grammar" are things that, well, you simply cannot demand from others. It is in your best interest to let people who have trouble with the language be, for it is not only frustrating to try and commmunicate a message online and struggle with it, but to have somebody criticize you in the process?

Talk about not having consideration for others.

Holy Star said:
Oh right!  That was one I forgot.

Don't make it your priority to tell others how to post.  "Use proper English" and "Use proper Grammar" are things that, well, you simply cannot demand from others.  It is in your best interest to let people who have trouble with the language be, for it is not only frustrating to try and commmunicate a message online and struggle with it, but to have somebody criticize you in the process?

So, how do you suggest people getting the message of speaking properly to others?

Holy Star said:
Oh right!  That was one I forgot.

Don't make it your priority to tell others how to post.  "Use proper English" and "Use proper Grammar" are things that, well, you simply cannot demand from others.  It is in your best interest to let people who have trouble with the language be, for it is not only frustrating to try and commmunicate a message online and struggle with it, but to have somebody criticize you in the process?

Can we ask for rewording into a clearer sentence? We can't answer questions if we can't read them.

Blastoise king said:
i feel bad as ive done this sorry
good tread help people know not to do this

m0nster1nc said:
Holy Star said:
Oh right!��That was one I forgot.

Don't make it your priority to tell others how to post.��"Use proper English" and "Use proper Grammar" are things that, well, you simply cannot demand from others.��It is in your best interest to let people who have trouble with the language be, for it is not only frustrating to try and commmunicate a message online and struggle with it, but to have somebody criticize you in the process?

Can we ask for rewording into a clearer sentence?��We can't answer questions if we can't read them.

Blastoise king's last sentence was borderline understandable. As long as a person uses decent spelling/grammar, I guess it's ok. But like WPM said, it's a courtesy rule, and not an obligatory one. So, yeah, I'm fine with any kind of typing, as long as it's understandable (this means capitalization and punctuation aren't necessary in reading a sentence).

Shawn out.

Hay! This is a good guide! Minimods are really noobys! They always complain about people going offtopic but teh complaining itself is also offtopic! So they complain about something that they do in teh same post!!!! They could better just report it so that a mod can take care of it instead of members! and that way they will not go offtopic too so 2 birds with 1 stone!

Blastoise king said:
And blastoise King, this is no exuse topic so don't go offtopic now.

But by saying that you are mini modding when complaining about mini modding but wait,this sentence means i am mini modding!AAAAAGGGHHHH!
Back on topic:As rayquaza ex said,is banning from a clan mini modding?

Shadow Chaos said:
Hay! This is a good guide! Minimods are really noobys! They always complain about people going offtopic but teh complaining itself is also offtopic! So they complain about something that they do in teh same post!!!! They could better just report it so that a mod can take care of it instead of members! and that way they will not go offtopic too so 2 birds with 1 stone!

Blastoise king said:
And blastoise King, this is no exuse topic so don't go offtopic now.

you are mini modding just now how ironic

i was just putting that i minimodded before so i feel bad about it
but why do you have to do then you call minimod noob so what does that make you

I am so sorry about that

I say no. I believe if you are leader or hold a position of authority in a clan, banning users from a clan is perfectly fine. If they do not cooperate, report them and they'll be dealt with.

However, this only extends to clans and clubs. You can NOT ban users from any other topic. If you have a problem with a member's behavior, PM a staff member. Don't try to incite flames or start calling names or you'll end up in the doghouse as well.

Hey I got a question, I told someone to read some previous post in the thread and does that consider mini modding?

No. After all, it's in The Rules to read each post in a thread before making a post to a topic, because your question could already be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back