Midnight Designers:: Redux [GFX]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely love to design a logo for the clan. Should be fun! I'll see what I can do after I get home from work later. :D

I made another NASCAR themed banner with Kurt Busch's #22 car as the focal image. I used gray and white to make a swirled background by using the Motion Blur under the effects category.

KurtBuschBanner.png
(Without Text)
KurtBuschBanner-WithText.png
(With Text)

Please tell me which one of the two is the best,

@AadmM: I can't wait to see what you produce :)
@SDB: I actually like the 2nd one better. Did you never have any luck installing GIMP?
---
CLAN ANNOUNCEMENT
We will be starting 2 contests very soon. The first will be a light hearted contest: The Slogan Contest.

The Slogan Contest will test your creative wit by creating slogans for items/pictures/usernames that I post. It won't involve any graphics and take up a minute of your time for each round of the contest. I hope to see a lot of you participate.

The second contest will be banner contest based on the theme of my choosing. This will be announced soon.

Planned Events/Clan ONLY Contest
Slogan Tournament: December.13th
Banner Contest: TBA

SoTW Contest: Week 1
MD Render Project

Topics of Discussion
1)[HOT]What is your favorite tag made by yourself, or someone else?
2)[COOL]How do you like the main post design?
3)[COOL]Do you have any ideas for the clan?
4)[HOT]Do you plan on participating in the currently announced tournaments?

@ lilsparks101: No, I haven't had any success. Paint.NET fulfills the simple banner making ideas I have right now.

I don't get this -> 'Do you plan on participating in the currently announced tournaments? '

So the Slogan Tournament started?

I meant to put December 13th, in case I put something different. So no it hasn't started yet. And the question was will you participate.

I'm in for sure...No questions asked...I think it would be better to have the logo first so the slogan can be based on the logo...

There is a square around the water type pokemon. You can tell it is there. it is kinda blury around it. And you could have used the smudge tool to get those white spots off around the pokemon.

Pokemaister: your overall composition is off, you should get comfortable with tags first before you start wallpapers. Also for a wallpaper you need a bigger render with better quality.

^The tut seems pretty good to me although I don't really colour in things...=P

Made another one...Something like Gliscor's Houndoom...But slightly different...Added my favourite effect...xD

84goku.png

C'nC Please...

Thank you Aggie.

@FatalAeroX: Needs more black on the sides to add some depth and pop.

I made a tag but with 5 different color revisions. Tell me which one you prefer.

IronmanA.png
IronmanB.png
IronmanC.png
IronmanD.png
IronmanE.png

First one IMO... It has the right balance of colour..

Second one seems too dull.. Third one too much colour.. Fourth one B/W doesn't really suit the tag.. Last one seems too dark..

EDIT:
You mean on the left hand side? But the light is coming from that direction so I doubt it should be black... And I'm not really good at depth and currently looking for a decent depth tut...=D

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3065/tutbasicsbyanthyjl5.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7725/depthtutbyanthyyk0.jpg

lilsparks, I read in the renders thread that you wanted a Mew render. I uploaded a Mew render to the MD renders :)

@FatalAeroX: For the Goku tag (it's Goku, right?) you should probably brush white where the light source is coming from (looks like to the left of Goku) and set that layer to Soft Light. Then you should brush black around the edges (make sure you don't brush black where you brushed white) and set that layer to Soft Light with a lowered opacity for some lighting.

@lilsparks. That effect to the left of the head which I assume is a clipping mask seems off. It isn't so bad in the first example but it just looks weird to me. All have great depth but I think the colours could be a tad more vibrant with some more saturation.

But yeah as I said great depth and the lighting is pretty good. So KIU ^.^

And I guess I should put my latest two up for some comments

Shikamaru.png

Daredevil2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back