'Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION' Trailer Gives First Look at Ash, Misty, and Brock in CGI!

I don't know if this looks so awkward because I've seen this film about 10 times in 2D, or just because it really looks awkward. Not an improvement in my book.

This...is a mistake. The environments look pretty good, the Pokémon look ok, and the humans look bad. It looks like a cutscene from an older videogame, the animation looks stiff and awkward. There are plenty of CG animated movies that are done well but this is not one of them

Wow here is something that is even uglier than the "live action" Pokemon coming out for Detective Pikachu...and in this case I mean Brock, Ash, Misty and Nurse Joy

If anyone has ever seen Sid the science kid (an older kids show), this reminds me of a mix between that and dragon quest, which is not a good combo and I love dragon quest...

No. Sorry, this just looks...lazy.

I do give them credit for trying something new and at least they're trying it out as a re-make instead of a new movie.

It's interesting to say the least. Plus its set between Mewtwo Strikes Back (Pokémon the 1st Movie in America) and Mewtwo Returns. At least that's what i think anyway. At least the CG is closer to the anime than Detective Pikachu, that much i can say.

This is why nostalgia pandering is bad. I also think we've seen enough of misty/brock to last a lifetime, even if this is a remake.

The Pokemon look pretty great! Everything looks pretty cool.... except the people. They look like claymation... I'm pretty firm with the idea that anime in general doesn't meet CG well.

My opinion may change once I see more dynamics. I kinda wish they didnt do an exact replica of the characters, but instead did a looser version that would have worked better with the CG style.

Back