• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mewtwo EX aka Best Card Ever (Mewtwo EX / Emboar)

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
Pokemon:

• 4 Mewtwo EX
    3 Tepig
    3 Pignite
    3 Emboar
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 N
    4 Juniper
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Lysnadre
    2 Ultraball
Energy:

• 4 DCE
    25 Fire Energy

Strategy:
You got your mewtwo and you put some fire energy on it and you do the thing.

Max energy I attached was 15 Fire Energy and 1 DCE

Update: I have 20 energy attached including DCE. I have 400 damage. I have broken TCGone. I can only see 2 benched pokemon. the energy icon has pushed them off the screen...

RE: Mewtwo EX aka Best card ever(Mewtwo EX/Emboar)

I know this is a joke deck, but don't you think you could do with any less than 25 total Energy cards? :/

-2 Electrode
-2 Voltorb

+4 Fire Energy. Not enough.

What do you mean this is a joke deck? Like what is this for? Is this what you use competitively? Anyway, I don't think there's any reason to play Emboar over Blastoise. You could through in Keldeo and Float Stone for easy retreating and you also get the bonus of a secondary attacker as well. I don't know if you have some theme you're going with, but most decks play less than half of that with Energy.

Mora said:
What do you mean this is a joke deck? Like what is this for? Is this what you use competitively? Anyway, I don't think there's any reason to play Emboar over Blastoise. You could through in Keldeo and Float Stone for easy retreating and you also get the bonus of a secondary attacker as well. I don't know if you have some theme you're going with, but most decks play less than half of that with Energy.

While you are right, you are just missing the point. OP build a mocking deck around Mewtwo EX, by exploiting Emboar's ability. It is NOT to be taken seriously, it is just for laughs... While you can compete with it, you probably won't get much far and you would do so for the fun of having a Mewtwo EX hitting for 200+...

I have a deck similar to this... quite a bit less energy, more Trainer cards, and a 3-1-3 Delphox line. I threw in the Mewtwo EX because Rayquaza EX is going bye-bye. *sniff sniff*

I hit 440 damage at the most. Enough to destory every card in format. This was made on the idea that Mewtwo EX and Yvetal EX are both OP with the right deck. I choose Emboar because he is cool. Keldeo EX in there would take away from how cool Mewtwo EX is.

Luxiel said:
While you are right, you are just missing the point. OP build a mocking deck around Mewtwo EX, by exploiting Emboar's ability. It is NOT to be taken seriously, it is just for laughs... While you can compete with it, you probably won't get much far and you would do so for the fun of having a Mewtwo EX hitting for 200+...

I couldn't find anything in the OP that said to what extent he was serious about this deck, and some people really do believe in decks that play 20 + Energy (we all did at some point), so there's no harm in making sure.

Mr.Muffin said:
I hit 440 damage at the most. Enough to destory every card in format. This was made on the idea that Mewtwo EX and Yvetal EX are both OP with the right deck. I choose Emboar because he is cool. Keldeo EX in there would take away from how cool Mewtwo EX is.

Fair enough, but you might be hard pressed to get Emboar out of the Active spot, so maybe some Switch cards? I suppose paying the Retreat Cost manually is more of an option in this deck though. Also, if you wanted to load up even more onto a Mewtwo, you might think about (Superior) Energy Retrieval. This is semi unrelated, but I was playing against someone on TCG One in Gen 1 Career. He had an Exeggcutor / Electrode deck, and he was able to get like 12 Energies on it at one point. It made it where you had to scroll up and down to see his whole Bench.

Back