• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

MewGar, like youve never seen it before....

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
my friend and i were scheming and this is what we thought of.

4 N
3 Prof. Oaks New Theory
1 Judge
2 PETM
3 collector
2 revives
4 communication
4 rare candy
4 plume fossil
3 lost world
3 seeker

2 ditto
3-2-3 gardevior
4 mew prime
3-3 archeops
2 gengar prime

5 psychic

strategy: basic mewgar with a twist. set up a gardevior before you get an archeops and a ditto out.

now bear with me, i am running a different deck right now that uses 4 n, 3 PONT, and 2 judge. this deck only has 2 energy and the pokemon the deck is set around are 2, 4-2-4 lines of pokemon. the reasong there's some faith in this deck is because while you move your opponents hand around, you move you own hand around so you actually get what you need! so in my mind there's no way this couldnt not work, it may be bumpy but with all the hand changing and fast pacing, i dont see it too hard to get a mew out early, then get a gardevior out, then a ditto and archeops. think about it.

-2 PETM ( just isn't good and you already have communication)
-1 rare candy ( to make room)

+ 2 twins (since you will most likely be behind on prizes since you plan on lost zoning their Pokemon)
+1 something I can't quite think of right now.

Also if you can find the room for it I would add junk arms and some catcher or lost remover or crushing hammer maybe to keep the opponent busy while you lost zone their Pokemon away.

Archeops is terrible atm. Eelektrik is the only evolution seeing big play, and you are sacrificing 10 deck spaces to keep your opponent from evolving. Granted, the idea is good, but the meta is too centered around basic pokemon right now.

Another problem is that the meta is pretty much Gengar-proof. Tetrakion and Durant don‘t even have enough pokemon for you to LZ, CMT plays 14 at most and can ohko Mews from turn one on, other Mew decks won‘t mind you lostzoning their attackers and usually don‘t run a great deal of Pokemon either. The only deck I could see having problems with this is a tech-heavy ZekEels, which is, arguably, the BDIF, but even that matchup would be (estimate) 65/35 at best: Favorable, but by no means an autowin.

TL;DR: Good deck, wrong meta.

TheBugManiac said:
Archeops is terrible atm. Eelektrik is the only evolution seeing big play, and you are sacrificing 10 deck spaces to keep your opponent from evolving. Granted, the idea is good, but the meta is too centered around basic pokemon right now.

Another problem is that the meta is pretty much Gengar-proof. Tetrakion and Durant don‘t even have enough pokemon for you to LZ, CMT plays 14 at most and can ohko Mews from turn one on, other Mew decks won‘t mind you lostzoning their attackers and usually don‘t run a great deal of Pokemon either. The only deck I could see having problems with this is a tech-heavy ZekEels, which is, arguably, the BDIF, but even that matchup would be (estimate) 65/35 at best: Favorable, but by no means an autowin.

TL;DR: Good deck, wrong meta.
Tetrakion and Durant (mostly durant) are actually extremely good matchups for lostgar. Why? Seeker up one of their pokemon, lost zone it. Rinse and repeat.

I see a tiny tiny flaw in this idea......You have to get gardevoir out then Archeops? So yo can't get Archeops out first? If they see you play Archeops, they will kill your Archen. And there is a very slim chance you will have 2 Archens in play at the same time. Otherwise, I think this deck is very interesting. I wonder if you added shiftry to put pokemon back into your opponents hand then LZ them. Hmmmmmmm.....

Anyways, I'd take out the Archeops line and Plume fossils and put in more Psychics (like 2 more), a Seeker, 2 revives, Crushing hammers/Lost Removers/Catchers to stall your opponents pokemon, and I would add a junk arm or 2. I think you should also take out PETM and judge for 3 Twins (duh your not Koing stuff often) I think the new list should look like:

3-1-3 Gardevoir
4 Mew
2 Ditto
2 Gengar Prime
2 Mr. Mime
1 Mewtwo EX
18 Pokémon

3 Dual Ball or Collector
3 Pont
3 N
3 Twins
4 Revive
3 Communication
3 Candy
3 Lost World
4 Seeker
3 Crushing Hammer
3 Junk Arm

7 Psychic

W/ Archeops, I would add twins and take out PETM and Judge. Also, I'd take out a candy for another Revive. Two problems I see with archeops are:
- they kill one gardevoir- you can't get more
- they catcher KO archeops

Pokemonjoe: That‘s a very good point, but remember you have a limited supply of seekers and no real win condition until you make them pick up their entire bench. Add in that they can drop Rotom to waste your first seeker, and you‘ll need serious luck to get enough seekers before they are milled.

I don‘t believe in Durant as an “extremely good matchup“, but I am prepared to believe it‘s not an autoloss.

TheBugManiac said:
Pokemonjoe: That‘s a very good point, but remember you have a limited supply of seekers and no real win condition until you make them pick up their entire bench. Add in that they can drop Rotom to waste your first seeker, and you‘ll need serious luck to get enough seekers before they are milled.

I don‘t believe in Durant as an “extremely good matchup“, but I am prepared to believe it‘s not an autoloss.
Seeker up what you can, then use cursed drop to kill the remaining durants. With enough pokegear 3.0's, you can hit about 2 seekers. Cursed drop is more effective with lostgar because of catastrophe, but durant is a favorable matchup for lost/mewgar.

I think catcher could help while you lost zone their pokemon, so to disrupt them. For example catchering up a dynamo and using cursed drop to send it to the lost zone if you don't think there is any pokemon in their hand. And another example could be like catchering up a terrakion without any energies on it.

^Why would you Catcher to Curse Drop?
Anyways, there's a Stadium that lets you play Revived Pokemon to the Bench (Not sure why no one has taken this into consideration.); that should save you a space or two. Also, is Gardevoir really neccesary? With such a Basic-saturated format, what's the point of having 4 Energies when your opponent only has 2 Eels in his hand. I feel this space could be better used for a back up attacker (your preferrence, I honestly have no idea) for your bad matchups like Terrakion and Durant where Lost Zoning Pokemon may not be an option, and for some consistency cards.

I didn't really mean it that way.Where did I say to catcher something to curse drop it?
Wait. Never mind. Hmm...That's weird. I mean like catchering up some of their pokemon with high retreat cost or something to try to disrupt the opponent while you lost zone their pokemon.
I think you mean Twist mountain I think? Its this way I think so you don't have to take the trouble of discarding it and reviving it again. With mew you on;y have to lost zone one on your first turn and don't have to worry about it for the rest of the game.

^Lol; its cool.
Jirachi said:
Its this way I think so you don't have to take the trouble of discarding it and reviving it again.

Explain your argument that the fossil mechanic is better than the stadium. I don't quite get what you mean by discarding and reviving again.

Mora said:
^Lol; its cool.

Explain your argument that the fossil mechanic is better than the stadium. I don't quite get what you mean by discarding and reviving again.

Twist Mountain
Stadium

Once during each player's turn, that player may flip a coin. If heads, that player may play a Revived Pokémon from their hand onto their Bench.

Twist Mountain does not replace Plume Fossil. It just makes a terribly inconsistent mechanic slightly more consistent, assuming you get it out and can get good coin flips. It's up to you if you want to play with only one or the other, or a mix of both. That's still 10-12 cards wasted away in an attempt to get an Archeops in play. If you can make it work well enough, it'd be a first!

pokemonjoe said:
Tetrakion and Durant (mostly durant) are actually extremely good matchups for lostgar. Why? Seeker up one of their pokemon, lost zone it. Rinse and repeat.

But he just pointed out that those decks don't even play 6 Pokemon...

More importantly, Cursed Dropping durants means you 2HKO. Even if you do that from the first turn on, which you can‘t, it‘s gonna take eleven or twelve turns to draw your six prizes. Twelve turns time plus twelve topdecks from you is enough time to mill you with three durants, which is what I would have with your average of two Seekers. Not to mention the three turns you would lose by Seeing Off, Lostzoning Rotom, and Lostzoning the first ant.

Real Lostgar might win thanks to Catastrophe, but I just don‘t see Mewgar pulling it off.

Oh. I thought you meant Twist mountain for gengar prime. Never mind. Twist mountain helps a lot with archeops. Really you only need 1-2 archeops out at one time so Twist mountain could be good for archeops.

Flip a coin. If heads, play Gengar Prime onto your Bench. That would be legit ;P

But anyways, couldn't Twist Mountain be a substitute for Plume Fossil. Yeah, the coin flips n' stuff, but I think it's a better chance than "Look at the bottom 7 cards". So, 2--maybe 3 since it's imperative to get an Archeops out quickly--Twist Mountain, 3 Archen, 3 Archeops. That's 8-9 vs the current 10 slots allotted.

I believe it can. Many people have already thought of this idea to quickly get archeops out or others.

Back