Metagross line from ‘Lost Abyss’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Metagross line was revealed from the Japanese set Lost Abyss, which releases in Japan on July 15th. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Lost Origin set in September.
Beldum – Metal – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Magnelift: Search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[M][C] Tackle: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Grass (-30)
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Beldum/Metang/Metagross - love this ability. Instant draw engine at the start of your turn. 1-of to be exact. It has a terrible attack tho, it can easily been gust. Overall, this card is so unique, despite being a Stage 2. I love evolution cards that has cheat ways of being a Basic Pokemon. Same concept as LOR Gengar tho. 2/2/4

Where's "Swim Freely" Pokemon, btw?

The whole Metagross line has always been beautiful and mysterious since I first came across them in Sapphire. If I was in the Pokemon world, I'd definitely catch a Beldum.

Love the art. Although it kinda looks more like a V card. ? Ability is just fire! ? Although you might need to remove them from your bench if you're only using for the draw support. And without scoop up net for the next rotation, i don't see this as a consistent draw engine. Maybe 1 or 2 copies but probably not more.

Metagross's ability is basically Top Entry but you in addition to that effect you can draw cards.Neat I guess.

Take Note: Marnie still ruins this card. Even if you end your turn with a Metagross as a top deck for turn, if the opponent plays a Marnie, you'll gonna draw that Metagross, due to the secondary effect of Marnie. Meaning you can't top deck the Metagross on your next turn.

Why couldn’t they have had a decent attack with this ability? Like give this ability to brilliant stars luxray, then I will talk

Urgent Entry is interesting, but idk if it will be worth it. Still, it's a cool card design. I feel like they've been putting more effort into making single prizers interesting and potentially useful lately. Not sure how many will be competitive, but at the very least we'll be getting more quality rogue decks, which I'm always on board for.

Take Note: Marnie still ruins this card. Even if you end your turn with a Metagross as a top deck for turn, if the opponent plays a Marnie, you'll gonna draw that Metagross, due to the secondary effect of Marnie. Meaning you can't top deck the Metagross on your next turn.
Unless if you have a Milotic in play. And, Judge, Roxanne & Thievul EVS also does the same thing in terms of messing up your deck arrangement (Post Rotation).

Unless if you have a Milotic in play. And, Judge, Roxanne & Thievul EVS also does the same thing in terms of messing up your deck arrangement (Post Rotation).
1. That's too much Stage 1s. You'll hardly find the right time to use it, and probably gonna KO your Feebas/Nickit (or Zorua on a Zoroark deck) early game. I know, Manaphy but first, it's a 1-of card. Secondly, screw that if prized or being discarded early-game.
2. Roxanne is too situational. You can't use it early-game. This Metagross is more useful early-game.

1. That's too much Stage 1s. You'll hardly find the right time to use it, and probably gonna KO your Feebas/Nickit (or Zorua on a Zoroark deck) early game. I know, Manaphy but first, it's a 1-of card. Secondly, screw that if prized or being discarded early-game.
2. Roxanne is too situational. You can't use it early-game. This Metagross is more useful early-game.
1. The only stage 1 that counters marnie is milotic. What i meant when i wrote thievul was that it helps you do the same thing as marnie to disrupt your opponent's top deck.

2. there's always a weak spot for any strategy or deck build. Feebas being bossed can be easily countered by benching more to start. Like you said one extra Zorua would do. Manaphy can easily be summoned with heavy ball if prized. How do you think so many one prized decks beat the meta game?

3. Roxanne was just another card i mentioned that also disrupt the opponent's deck arrangement. I never said any of them were good. Also, not being able to use metagross's ability late game is a big restriction seeing as roxanne cuts your opponent down to 2 cards in hand. But since it shuffles their deck, they may just be lucky enough to have metagross stay at the top deck afterall.

Back