Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino Accidently Revealed! [8/12]

Let me help you with that.

Pokemonlover903 said:
I think the "Mega" Audino isn't a mega, cause
Pokemonlover903 said:
I've been wanting a real evolution for a long time, since we didn't get any in x and y, i also hope we get some pre evos too, maybe we can get an odd egg in these games!

There. Reasons. Now I know your argument doesn't ask for it, but... let's see what's wrong with Albino Audino, shall we?

Hmmm...
mega-audino.png

Hmmm...
mega-audino-4.png

HMMMM...
Audino.png

HMMMMMMMMMM...
Audino.png
mega-audino.png

Pink uniform becomes lab coat? check. Pink uniform becomes white labcoat? check. Frilled ears get bigger, less bell-like, more wing-like and point upwards, in concordance with fairy type standards? check. Ear stetoscope thingies? check New stetoscope thingies, now coming from the base of the neck, where real stetoscopes are? check

My diagnosis... a worthy design and a severe case of hopeful fanboyism; take three RSE remakes episodes where ash wins the pokemon league, gets a girlfriend and grows and see me in a week.

Retro_on_theGo said:
But not all is lost! These pieces of trash could have possibly indirectly confirmed another mega. In yesterday's press release for the CoroCoro leaks Nintendo included a bunch of screenshots of Pokemon in contests after they stated you can Mega Evolve in contests. Slowbro was incredibly randomly included in those screenshots. Some people assumed he was getting a mega. AND WE WERE RIGHT. :O Wanna know who else is in those screenshots for no reason? Shroomish. MEGA BRELOOM HYPE! Just please don't suck ass like these two.

I don't think so. That Shroomish belonged to the AI as it had a nickname. It's not random like Slowbro was.

I like the look of Slowbro, but I'll now be disappointed if there is no Slowking Mega. Audino is what I will use to convince my seven year-old and five year-old sisters that they should like Pokémon...

EricDent said:
So is EVERY Pokemon gonna have a Mega-Evolution???
It's getting kinda silly IMO.

Welp, it felt a very narrow feature when it was merely introduced in XY.
It makes perfect sense to me that they would expand the selection freely/randomly even mid-gen, till we have a bulk of megas (bringing more and more old and forgotten pokemon into a spotlight along the way, also by having some NPC use them as their ultimate bro), till it's not just "oh shit Lucario/Kangaskhan on opponents team, what could that mean <,<", but a lot more diverse to the point where you'd only realize mid-battle that some obscure pokemon actually had a mega already or things along those lines xD

I also think Mega Audino should have been an actual evolution. Its design features changes drastic enough to be considered one. It will be useless as a Mega...
--------------
Also, I guess it'll be fun to use a team full of Pokémon that can Mega evolve but still have potential in their regular form (like Scizor, Tyranitar and unlike Mawile, Charizard) and leave your opponent guess which one is the Mega?

Man that is so cool that the news was leaked early. Slobro is a power horse in the right hands because of the types?:)

Metalizard said:
I also think Mega Audino should have been an actual evolution. Its design features changes drastic enough to be considered one.
I agree completely.

Seems to me that it's due in part to the Gen VI differentiation between the pink, formless Pokémon (Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Audino and their families). Prior to Gen VI, all were Normal-type Pokémon, but some received type changes (Clefairy's line became pure-Fairy while Jigglypuff's line became Normal/Fairy) in Gen VI. Besides the fact Audino didn't have any evolutionary relatives, I'm guessing giving it a Mega Evolution is how Gamefreak will be further differentiating it from Chansey's line (even though it becomes Normal/Fairy like Jigglypuff's line, it's only Normal/Fairy while Mega Evolved).

Makes each the those four [previously] vaguely similar families less similar. Or at least that's how I view it.

Mega Slowbro isn't any worse then Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Sableye in terms of lazy mega evolutions.

Audino looks like they took the Chansey/Blissey route and just gave Audino a dress and changed it's color scheme. The only difference is they also gave Audino a goatee. Also Chansey is a Pokemon people actually remember/care about.

Don't Forget Slowbrow has a painful defense stat and if trained properly with the right EV he can KO a Pokemon very quickly.:)

Not that there was any doubt of its legitimacy, but Mega Audino was officially revealed at gamescom and is now on the ORAS website.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBy8IRMo3aQ[/video]​

So if there were to be a Mega reveal at Worlds, like last year, do you think it will be Mega Audino, Mega Slowbro, both, or something else if anything.

Momaster12 said:
So if there were to be a Mega reveal at Worlds, like last year, do you think it will be Mega Audino, Mega Slowbro, both, or something else if anything.

Hopefully it will be something new. Although It may be one of the two considering how they didnt want us to know about these anyways

Momaster12 said:
I would assume Mega Slowbro. The timing fits.

Well looks like Slowbro's going to be revealed at Worlds if they reveal a mega again like last year. Boring.

Maserati777 said:
Mega Slowbro isn't any worse then Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Sableye in terms of lazy mega evolutions.

Audino looks like they took the Chansey/Blissey route and just gave Audino a dress and changed it's color scheme. The only difference is they also gave Audino a goatee. Also Chansey is a Pokemon people actually remember/care about.

Except Mega Kangaskhan wasn't a lazy mega evolution.

Retro_on_theGo said:
Well looks like Slowbro's going to be revealed at Worlds if they reveal a mega again like last year. Boring.

Maserati777 said:

I would say it is pretty lazy. They drew the bottom half of the baby, took it out of the pouch, and called it a mega.

professorlight said:
take three RSE remakes episodes where ash wins the pokemon league, gets a girlfriend and grows and see me in a week.
Can... can I get a prescription for that?

Now that these two are confirmed, I feel better commenting about them.

I'm decidedly neutral on Mega Slowbro's design. On the one hand, I get it. It's hilarious because, as bacon said, it looks like Slowpoke now realizes that he's kind of in trouble. On the other hand, when I look at it, I feel like they've gone overboard with this particular design. I don't feel like I'm looking at a "Mega" Slowbro; just a Slowpoke being eaten by a shell. It's definitely creative, and I'm sure the designers were laughing the whole time when they were designing it, but it doesn't really do it for me.

Competitively speaking, losing Regenerator is huge. That's what gives Slowbro his amazing staying power and makes him so annoying to take down. I feel that he's going to need like a Regirock-level stat increase in order to be viable.

I like Mega Audino's design. It looks and feels like an evolution. It's unfortunate that's not its actual evolution, but I'll take it. As a cleric, Mega Audino faces stiff competition from Chansey and Blissey, who can do everything Audino can do and not take up a Mega slot. It's going to be tough, even in doubles, to find a niche.

edit re Mega Kangaskhan: The baby did not simply jump out of the pouch. It grew. Look at vanilla Kangaskhan and her mega side-by-side and you'll see the difference.

Retro_on_theGo said:

Maserati777 said:

?
The equivalent to Mega Kangaskhan would have been to detach the evolved Shellder from its tail. The Slowpoke is getting swallowed by the shell, completing this parasitic evolution to a step no one saw coming, with a hilarious expression of "oh shit, something bit my tail!"

I really don't get the hate at all, I'm more happy about Mega Slowbro than either starter mega, pseudo-legends...any ORAS megas revealed so far actually.
Just wish Shell armor got some kind of buff. Make it a variation of Fur Coat and it's good to go XD

Back