Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino Accidently Revealed! [8/12]

Mega Slowbro is okay...the Shellder/Cloyster certainly went 'om nom nom' on it. And it gives off the vibe of a top or spring.

Mega Audino on the other hand, I'm not digging. I don't really know why it got a Mega Evo, but it does get a Fairy subtyping, something it should've gotten in it's regular form.

But, what can you do?

I like the design and typing for Mega Audino. Mega Slowbro also looks kind of cool, but also a bit silly when hopping on its tail. :p

So both of these Pokémon gained defensive stats. I imagine Slowbro becoming an even better tank than it was before. I'm not sure if Audino have ever seen much of competitive play, but this might make it more popular depending on how much the stats have increased.

"It exudes a relaxing pulse that calms its foes and anyone who touches its feelers will fall into a deep sleep." Is this a hint at a new move?

Sad. Really sad. They look like fakes, and I was hoping they were some sort of joke, but then I saw they weren't. D: Al least Audino I can see it grow up on me eventually, but other Gen 5 Pokés could have got Megas before it. Bud Mega Slowbro definitely looks lame, it looks like some sort of Beyblade, or a drill.

I'm glad Albino Audino gained Fairy-type, as I was sure it was going to be retconned in XY. Too bad its Ability is rather lackluster...regardless, from a design standpoint, I like well enough.

Still unsure how I feel about Mega Slowbro, though. I don't like how it balances on its tail; had hovered in the air via psychic powers, I would've understood, but otherwise it seems like an odd design choice. It looks so sad in its artwork, like it's asking for help.

Nice. Mega Slowbro is hilarious and Mega Audino is pretty (I don't really like the regular Audino design).

Mega Slowbro sounds very promising... with no fear of critical hits Calm Mind / Curse just became that much better.

Teal said:
Nice. Mega Slowbro is hilarious and Mega Audino is pretty (I don't really like the regular Audino design).

Mega Slowbro sounds very promising... with no fear of critical hits Calm Mind / Curse just became that much better.

It becomes the new CroCune

Bu13nbyIYAAKE89.jpg

I like them. Not a fan of Audino's art. Looks like its about to trip and fall but I'm ok with it.
I always liked slowbro but never used one before, perhaps its time to start training one now ; 3

Design-wise, Mega Slowbro looks pretty decent, but it would have seemed more logical if they decided to have it planted on its feet rather than the tail (if you try to incorporate its defensive boost to its design).

Wasn't expecting Audino to get a mega evolution, as I personally felt that there were better 5th gen candidates out there, but it was nice to see it gained Fairy after M-evolving.

"Energy becomes focused in Shellder's bite upon Mega Evolution, the result being that Mega Slowbro's shell now encompasses its body like a suit of armor."

Translation: the Shellder is gradually swallowing Slowbro whole and Slowbro does nothing about it except give a blank stare, almost in denial.
mega-slowbro.png

HELP.

But seriously, Mega Slowbro is pretty hilarious. Mega Audino is really cool; about time a Gen V Pokemon got a Mega! It looks kinda like a doctor with the white coat and a stethoscope on its chest.

They might have removed the legs to justify it becoming even slower, which leaves more space for other stat increases? I don't know, trying to make sense of it. I would have preferred if it still had legs, though.

I meant them being visible. Sorry, I didn't clarify. I do expect them to be hidden somewhere in that shell.

Exudes relaxing pulses? Induces sleep by touching its feelers? It's official. Mega Audino is the anesthesiologist of Pokemon.

With out a doubt the WORST. MEGAS. EVER! I love Slowbro a lot so this sucks. :/

But not all is lost! These pieces of trash could have possibly indirectly confirmed another mega. In yesterday's press release for the CoroCoro leaks Nintendo included a bunch of screenshots of Pokemon in contests after they stated you can Mega Evolve in contests. Slowbro was incredibly randomly included in those screenshots. Some people assumed he was getting a mega. AND WE WERE RIGHT. :O Wanna know who else is in those screenshots for no reason? Shroomish. MEGA BRELOOM HYPE! Just please don't suck ass like these two.

EDIT: I honestly like Mega Audino's design but it's ability just sucks. Even for doubles there's better abilities. She could still be good though.

Only question that popped into my mind when I first saw these Mega's was....do we get even more EXP for beating a Mega-Audino?!

Back