Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino Accidently Revealed! [8/12]

Retro_on_theGo said:
EDIT: I honestly like Mega Audino's design but it's ability just sucks. Even for doubles there's better abilities. She could still be good though.

It gets worse when you realise that vanilla Audino has Regenerator.

It loses out on one the better abilities for a defensive mon for something that only has a use in doubles.

(but then again I guess Healer fits the whole nurse/doctor thing its got going on...)

Audino is a pokemon that could have just evolved again. Sometimes a mega evolution isnt needed. The IDEA of mega slowbro is awesome. The execution...lazy. Pokemon needs to pick it up with these mega evolutions some are completely awesome, charizard, blastoise, swampert. Others are SUPER uninspired. Venusaur: put flower on head, u very mega now. Manectric: Make hair very many rediculous, congrats for mega. Aerodactyl: Rock beard, you are more power. Altaria: Add fluff, mega power achieved for u!

Love my pokemans but come on some of these are dumb as heck

His Goominess said:
Retro_on_theGo said:
EDIT: I honestly like Mega Audino's design but it's ability just sucks. Even for doubles there's better abilities. She could still be good though.

It gets worse when you realise that vanilla Audino has Regenerator.

It loses out on one the better abilities for a defensive mon for something that only has a use in doubles.

(but then again I guess Healer fits the whole nurse/doctor thing its got going on...)

Hahaha I didn't know it gets Regenerator! That's a shame. Did the Korean site decide to have a theme when they put these Megas up? "Pokemon that got shafted out of the good ability Regenerator!"

Why does Mega Audino have to be viable in singles? What if it wasn't that good in singles anyway, even with Regenerator? Why can't doubles get its toys? I'd rather have a Pokémon that is good in doubles than mediocre in both singles and doubles. Healer is not a bad ability.

Teal said:
Why does Mega Audino have to be viable in singles? What if it wasn't that good in singles anyway, even with Regenerator? Why can't doubles get its toys? I'd rather have a Pokémon that is good in doubles rather than mediocre in both singles and doubles. Healer is not a bad ability.

True, Regenerator isn't fantastic in Doubles, Healer is much better
Just take Amoonguss for example. Most people run Effect Spore when Regenerator is also available.

Retro_on_theGo said:
So Pokemon's Facebook is deleting all comments referencing these leaks on there latest post.

considering they've been taken off the Korean site, it's pretty much confirming that they're real. (although I doubt their legitimacy was ever doubted xD)

I really like the concept of Mega Slowbro, it's original and doesn't suffer from the 'it gets bigger' syndrome, plus I like how it looks like a spinning top. It's in the same category as Mega Kanga and Sableye, where the Mega evolution takes an aspect of the regular mon and seriously expands on that (with Mega Mom being more focused on the baby, Sableye on the gem on its chest), with the Shellder on its tail turning into a body armour.

Teal said:
Why does Mega Audino have to be viable in singles? What if it wasn't that good in singles anyway, even with Regenerator? Why can't doubles get its toys? I'd rather have a Pokémon that is good in doubles rather than mediocre in both singles and doubles. Healer is not a bad ability.

No you're right and I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. I also enjoy VGC so it's nice to have pokemon viable there too. But Healer is just ok. It definitely works but I think Audino could have gotten a better ability like Aroma Veil. Aromatisse gets that and Healer and Aroma Veil gets used much more often because it's just better. Flavor wise Healer fits Audino perfectly so that's why they went with it.
(And I've only encountered like 2 Amoonguss with Effect Spore instead of Regenerator out of 10.)
I think it'll find it's niche in VGC.

Stefernal said:
Audino is a pokemon that could have just evolved again. Sometimes a mega evolution isnt needed. The IDEA of mega slowbro is awesome. The execution...lazy. Pokemon needs to pick it up with these mega evolutions some are completely awesome, charizard, blastoise, swampert. Others are SUPER uninspired. Venusaur: put flower on head, u very mega now. Manectric: Make hair very many rediculous, congrats for mega. Aerodactyl: Rock beard, you are more power. Altaria: Add fluff, mega power achieved for u!

Love my pokemans but come on some of these are dumb as heck

Guess I'm as dumb as heck cause I love the designs of all the megas you mentioned! For every person who hates a design there is always gonna be someone who likes it. I mean, I think Mega Swampert is a bad design. I feel like they just gave swampert ridiculous muscles and called it a mega. Kind of "uninspiring" to me, but that's me. I'm still gonna use him and I'll grow to love him. I'm sorry the designs don't live up to your expectations, we win some, we loose some. I hope the next fee megas to be released will be something you enjoy :)

I just love mega slowbro and his little tail. I can't wait to try him! I'm excited for his ability too! I never liked audino to begib with, I'll never use him so I don't care what his mega looks like. However, its interesting that they are now designing some megas for double battles, wonder if we'll get an upgraded Plusle and Minun then? Maybe they'll do the lati@s thing and make like a neutral mega that applied to both.

His Goominess said:
Retro_on_theGo said:
So Pokemon's Facebook is deleting all comments referencing these leaks on there latest post.

considering they've been taken off the Korean site, it's pretty much confirming that they're real. (although I doubt their legitimacy was ever doubted xD)

I really like the concept of Mega Slowbro, it's original and doesn't suffer from the 'it gets bigger' syndrome, plus I like how it looks like a spinning top. It's in the same category as Mega Kanga and Sableye, where the Mega evolution takes an aspect of the regular mon and seriously expands on that (with Mega Mom being more focused on the baby, Sableye on the gem on its chest), with the Shellder on its tail turning into a body armour.

You're making me really warm up to it lol.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Teal said:

True, Regenerator isn't fantastic in Doubles, Healer is much better
Just take Amoonguss for example. Most people run Effect Spore when Regenerator is also available.
Retro_on_theGo said:
No you're right and I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. I also enjoy VGC so it's nice to have pokemon viable there too. But Healer is just ok. It definitely works but I think Audino could have gotten a better ability like Aroma Veil. Aromatisse gets that and Healer and Aroma Veil gets used much more often because it's just better. Flavor wise Healer fits Audino perfectly so that's why they went with it.
(And I've only encountered like 2 Amoonguss with Effect Spore instead of Regenerator out of 10.)
I think it'll find it's niche in VGC.
Healer is much better in doubles than most of you seem to think, too. It's "only" 30% to heal your ally... except that most Pokémon run Protect, so they can protect a turn especially when they are only burned to try to get that condition away. It should also be noted that burn and sleep are the most common status conditions in doubles with less paralyze and almost no poison being there.

Also, Audino being present, the opponent probably won't opt to status you anyway.

Mega Slowbro is goofy as hell... and I love it. This mega evo fits him perfectly, Slowbro is so derp that he doesn't care his shell is slowly eating him... Perfection. PERFECTION I SAY. As for Audino, it's mega looks sooooo much better than the normal one. It makes me dislike it much less.

All I know is that I'll be using Mega Slowbro, and he shall sweep you all.

Doom.
mega-slowbro.png

Mega Slowbro is awesome and I shall shun anyone who says otherwise.

Shell Armor is freakin' scary when paired with Calm Mind/Curse and Slack Off. He becomes close to invincible, except for Status conditions.

Mega Slowbro deserved to be called "Mega Shellder". Love Mega Audino, so pretty.

I wonder if Mega Slowbro can swim?

O_O its not a mega audino!!!!!! in the screenshot, theres no mega symbol!!!! http://pokebeach.com/news/0814/mega-audino-3.png

Pokemonlover903 said:
O_O its not a mega audino!!!!!! in the screenshot, theres no mega symbol!!!! http://pokebeach.com/news/0814/mega-audino-3.png
Wow, good eyes! You may be right...that would be awesome.

Pokemonlover903 said:

Interesting. I'm sure it's a error, probably a beta picture?

Pokemonlover903 said:
It's an error/beta picture. You can clearly see Audino's name (다부니).

Mega Slowbro is so perfect, I hope they got the ability wrong on the accidental reveal >:

Back