XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

I realy want to see Sawsbuck or Delphox with a mega evolution I think they might be pretty cool with a new mega form.

I would like to see a M-Roserade, since it is my favorite Pokemon. The design would be similar to those on devianart; are confident ninja/knight like pokemon.

CF1994 said:
Even though Aurorus is kinda new, I feel like it should be Electric/Ice if it does Mega Evolve in future Generations.

It would still have Refrigerate, but should gain access to Hyper Voice, Snore and Uproar, making better use of that ability.

I also think this one needs a Mega. I think it should get a boost in special attack and defense in order to be a tank. Adding the electric type would be really great because of how many weaknesses the rock ice combo has despite the fact that the rock type is kind of a "must be" on fossil Pokemon.

Long time no see, this thread! TL;DR with the last I don't remember how many pages I've missed, but here's a couple megas I'd love to see.

Mega Machamp
They could make it even more offensive and probably lower the special stats. I don't really know lol. I do know they could give it a gladiator-like design though.

Mega Golem could end up being the same, but have its defenses boosted the most, maybe change the ground to steel or something. Maybe it could even become like a globe or break out of it's "shell" or something. I dunno.

Oh, another mega I'd loooooooooove to see is... well, technically 3 megas... sorta... Basically, 2 megas for all 3 of the regis. There'd be 3 different stones too, which would add the type. Terranite for rock, Glacite for Ice, and Ironite for Steel. I just thought this could make them a bit closer to Regigigas I guess, who also deserves a primal form or mega.

It's been ages since anyone has posted in this thread, but I just thought of something.

Since Heliolisk and Pyroar both have the Normal type as their secondary type, they would both benefit from an -ate Ability (Aerilate, Pixilate etc.), because the ability would change the typing of the move. I would love to see Mega Heliolisk and Pyroar, and maybe we could get our manticore Fire/Poison Pyroar and our solar powered Electric/Dragon Heliolisk :D

Since the Johto Starters have their Hidden Abilities released, I may as well briefly speculate on which kinds of Megas they may hopefully get in the next instalments of Gen VI.

-Mega Meganium (Grass: As a plant, Regenerator would be a fitting, but actually useful for a new Ability for the guy. It's Defense and Sp. Def seem to be the right choice to expand upon.)
-Mega Typhlosion (Fire/Electric: It should gain an Ability to convert all of its' Normal Type attacks into Electric Type attacks, as well as learning Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. A mixed attacker with notable Attack, Sp. Atk and Speed should be the route to go.)
-Mega Feraligatr (Water/Fighting: It can keep Sheer Force, since that will be quite handy for some of its' great movesets. Frankly, I'd love it to be bulkier, but I can appreciate the extra Speed to give it better competitive play.)

Don't forget about the unova starters getting HAs!

Grass/Dragon
Hp: 75
Atk: 95 +20
Def: 115 +20
SpA: 95 +20
SpD: 115 +20
Spe: 133 +20
Ability: Contrary/Speed Boost/Tinted Lens/Chlorophyll idk..

This seems like a realistic spread..if I wanted to make it beyond overpowered, I'd put those attack points in speed to outspeed beedrill and sceptile, but meh can't min max everything. Dragon typing would ship sceptile to NU give it STAB on it's dragon pulses for much better damage, making up for lack of life orb. Abilities vary.. you can keep contrary and just do your thing, or you can rack up boost with contrary prior to mega, then mega evolve and abuse a second ability. I'm not sure what abilities to go with exactly.. chlorophyll would be fitting for what it does but I don't think it'd ever be that useful without perma weather.. tinted lens would make it broken but hardly makes sense since most tinted lens users have.. well.. compounded eyes. Speed boost is kinda just slapped there cause I lack creativity.

Design wise.. not so sure, it's hard to imagine. I kinda like it's base form better than any mega fanart I've seen. It shouldn't be too overdesigned.
Samurott and emboar I'll let somebody else do, I have no clue what to do with them other then massive bulk and speed creeping.

Alongside serp, and flygon another mega I'd like to see is volcarona with the ability simple. Pokebeach implemented the dislike button and MegaBeedrill earned a hundred dislikes on this day.

lol jk on the ability.. to me mega volcarona would look more something like this:

Bug/Fire
Hp: 85
Atk: 60
Def: 105 +40
SpA: 155 +20
SpD: 135 +30
Spe: 110 +10
Ability Flash Fire/Drought

Self explanitory. Flash fire honestly seens the most fitting for volcarona. Seriously.. the sun pokemon and one of the best fire types in the game.. and it can still be obliberated by fire type moves? Drought is more fitting for what volc represents, but at the same time it might be a bad option with that bug typing... removing that bug typing would definitly be a huge selling point especially with talonflame around. Just it kinda ruins the ideology of the fire moth..

Appearence same thing, don't overdesign it. One fanart image in particular I liked was this
nugJnv0.png

Although some color differences and flames in it's sprite would be cool.

OK, now for something that has a much more realistic chance of appearing in the kalos "remake".
Mega Aegislash Thousand more dislikes earned
(just 200 in the respective stats.. maybe decreased speed for additional points.)
Design would just be a fiercer looking blade, but instead the shield splits into 2 and he holds one half in each hand.

Water
Hp: 71
Atk: 73
Def: 98 +10
SpA: 180 +60
SpD: 99 +10
Spe: 69 +10
Ability: Swift Swim

Clawitzer just gotta go fast. Simple as that.. slapping swift swim fixes this. 180 SpA seems like overkill, but consituring his lack of special setup moves and loss of mega launcher and no perma weather, not to mention low BP moves.. it doesn't seem so bad.

GGOBPxp.jpg

Not dragon, can't give everything dragon typing.

EDIT: Just realized I wasn't appost to post competitive factors in this thread (didn't realize which section I was in)

Mega Serperior
The boosted stats could be speed and defenses especially, with attack getting raised more than Sp. Atk. It could be Grass/Dragon like GF wanted Serperior to be originally. Also, now that I think about it, that's when they said they realized how overpowered Dragon-type is due to how easy it made the game with Snivy... I think that, because of Snivy's line, we got Fairy-types! :0 Best starter ever.

Mega Dragonite
It could get a boost in Attack and Special Atk/Def stats and turn blue like Dragonair. It's antennae could turn into long white eyebrows flowing and it could get a long white flowing moustache, like chinese dragons. It's wings could look more like Dragonair's but larger. It could even get some gems and it's horn becoming antlers or several horns like a crown.

steffenka said:
Since Heliolisk and Pyroar both have the Normal type as their secondary type, they would both benefit from an -ate Ability (Aerilate, Pixilate etc.), because the ability would change the typing of the move. I would love to see Mega Heliolisk and Pyroar, and maybe we could get our manticore Fire/Poison Pyroar and our solar powered Electric/Dragon Heliolisk :D

I don't get it.
How would an -ate ability be beneficial due to their secondary Normal typing?
The ability would change the types of Normal moves, so they wouldn't get the Normal STAB from the Normal type anymore...not even that, but you then suggest their Normal type be replaced by a different type, which makes even less sense in this context, since that only gets rid of this one special thing about them in the first place.

Mitja said:
steffenka said:

I don't get it.
The ability would change the types of Normal moves, so they wouldn't get the Normal STAB from the Normal type anymore...not even that, but you then suggest their Normal type be replaced by a different type, which makes even less sense in this context, since that only gets rid of this one special thing about them in the first place.

If for example Pyroar changed from Fire/Normal to Fire/Poison and got a Poisonate ability, wouldn't it get stab for those moves, or am I missing something? I didn't mean that Pyroar would change to Fire/Poison and then get Refrigerate, that wouldn't make sense at all.

steffenka said:
Mitja said:
I don't get it.

If for example Pyroar changed from Fire/Normal to Fire/Poison and got a Poisonate ability, wouldn't it get stab for those moves, or am I missing something? I didn't mean that Pyroar would change to Fire/Poison and then get Refrigerate, that wouldn't make sense at all.

I think the point that Mitja was making is that to keep them unique (in being part Normal-type), they would not benefit from any -ate ability. If they changed typing, then they would cease to be such unique pokemon. The only ability that would help would be Normalize, but then there's no point in them being anything other than straight Normal types

steffenka said:
Mitja said:
I don't get it.

Well you started specifically with Heliolisk and Pyroar for their notable secondary Normal typing, but then described a change that is equally applicable to any single-type Pokémon (say Fire -> Fire/Poison+Poisonate), which in this case just strips them of that specific detail.

It would have made sense if the suggestion was somehow exclusive to them rather than making exactly that irrelevant, otherwise why use those two in the first place?

As OPoShmo said, them staying /Normal and getting an additional boost to Normal-type moves would have made sense, as it builds on their notable aspect instead of unnecessarily getting rid of it.

But yea, Normalize is already there but doesn't function the same way.. so unless a proper Normal-ate ability is introduced this idea isn't really suitable for Pyroar/Heliolisk.

The ability I'd want to see heliolisk get is lightingrod or motor drive. Give him those abilities, combind with his movepool (electrify) and he's potentially broken.

To be honest, what does the normal typing even do for pyroar and heliolisk? Pyroar I see movepool wise he gains STABs and such.. but heliolisk to me just looks like he gains a mach punch weakness. Ghost types aren't THAT common nowadays.

Mitja said:
Well you started specifically with Heliolisk and Pyroar for their notable secondary Normal typing, but then described a change that is equally applicable to any single-type Pokémon (say Fire -> Fire/Poison+Poisonate), which in this case just strips them of that specific detail.

It would have made sense if the suggestion was somehow exclusive to them rather than making exactly that irrelevant, otherwise why use those two in the first place?

Not that I don't agree with you, but there has been several cases of stripping pokemon of niches. Take mega garchomp, who as normal earned his niche over flygon and other dragons with more power, decent abilities, and speed creeping base 100s, however mega garchomp misses out on that speed creeping and does very little for the most part in comparison to nonmega scarfers.

Did ampharos really need moldbreaker? Maybe GF derped and thought moldbreaker would let him hit fairies..

Now turning pyroar into a poison is a little bit extreme.. I don't think that will happen to pyroar specifically.. however like ampharos, there are cases for them to get a total random ability slapped on them.

What pyroar needs is a SpA increase, a Speed increase, and a good ability like flash fire or something. Whether that'd be the case if we ever got one we'll never know.

MegaBeedrill said:
Did ampharos really need moldbreaker? Maybe GF derped and thought moldbreaker would let him hit fairies..

It helps with knocking out VoltAbsorb Therian Thundurus and annoying LightningRods and VoltAbsorbers in general, but that's about it.

I might as well discuss the Unova Starters.

Mega Serperior
I don't think I need to say much, since Mega Beedrill beat me to the punch. I do agree with it gaining both Contrary and the Grass/Dragon combo, though.

Mega Samurott
Personally, I think it should be Water/Fighting to extend its' samurai motif. The best ability for it would probably be Adaptability. Though, I wished it was able to learn a little more Fighting Type moves (Particularly, Sacred Sword and Close Combat) to begin with.

Mega Emboar
Mega Emboar should change Type combos to become Fire/Dark for variety reasons. I don't mind it being Fire/Ground as well, but Fire/Dark sounds perfect if you'd wish to keep that Ganon motif.

I could go on a little more, but I think I am not supposed to go into competitive factors.

CF1994 said:
I might as well discuss the Unova Starters.

Mega Serperior
I don't think I need to say much, since Mega Beedrill beat me to the punch. I do agree with it gaining both Contrary and the Grass/Dragon combo, though.

Mega Samurott
Personally, I think it should be Water/Fighting to extend its' samurai motif. The best ability for it would probably be Adaptability. Though, I wished it was able to learn a little more Fighting Type moves (Particularly, Sacred Sword and Close Combat) to begin with.

Mega Emboar
Mega Emboar should change Type combos to become Fire/Dark for variety reasons. I don't mind it being Fire/Ground as well, but Fire/Dark sounds perfect if you'd wish to keep that Ganon motif.

I could go on a little more, but I think I am not supposed to go into competitive factors.

Designwise, if Mega Serperior turns real, then I wish it truly becomes a basilisk, with fangs showing, a bigger collar and reddish eyes. With this said, it's secondary type could be Rock.

Yeah, a Mega-Emboar with Dark as the 2nd type would fit, not for the Ganon motif but something more of a Hellish boar!!

As for Mega-Samurott, I was going to suggest Rock as the 2nd due to his armor, but if M.Serperior gets it, then Fight would be fitting.

I think Mega Serperior can be a really cool looking dragon if they would add him wings. It would also fit its overall royal look.

scattered mind said:
I think Mega Serperior can be a really cool looking dragon if they would add him wings. It would also fit its overall royal look.

Hum...I would like it if I could imagine it without thinking of a winged snake dragon with forelegs but no front legs/claws like the dragon defeated by St. George. A Grass snake's wings would almost look like Tropius, which I wouldn't like on Serperior.

I would picture mega serperior to take a more, Mega Absol like treatment in design. The whatchumacallets that serp's vines come out of would turn to wing like structures, and leave it at that with maybe more leafy like structures similar to servine.

Although I wouldn't like serperior to actually be flying.

The dragon typing I believe fits serperior better because literally; hyper beam, hidden power, nature power, and dragon pulse are the only non-STAB special moves serperior gets.. any other typing you slap on serp, if you do at all, is basically worthless and only gives serp more weaknesses. (The ones that become neutral like flying against grass/rock still hit serp significantly hard, while making bullet/mach punch hit even harder).

Back