'Mega Master Deck Builder Boxes' Releasing in Japan

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
I wish we got things like this in English sets, would make decks like PGroudon much more accessible.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
So it's like Magic's Deckbuilder's Toolkit, huh? That's pretty cool, depending on contents.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Every side would win if this was released in America. The Pokemon Company would benefit because of how many people would buy it and the players would benefit since they would come with so many great cards. Here's hoping for an English print of the box sets!

pokemonkosh

A Freakin' Monkey
This is why I play the Japanese and the American card game.
If Japan ever needs a Senior, just call me.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The thing about these is it will end up devaluing some of the cards that are contained in them. I know it helps more players get access to the cards, but competitive players that already have these resources will not be so happy.

pokemonkosh

A Freakin' Monkey
The thing about these is it will end up devaluing some of the cards that are contained in them. I know it helps more players get access to the cards, but competitive players that already have these resources will not be so happy.
It gets more people further into competitive play, at least. I think it's helpful.
I got a lot of expensive decks, but I can't seem to get the Primal decks, or Mega Rayquaza. Things like this help the small player a lot!
Unfortunately, us Americans are apparently weaker than the Japanese when it comes to competitive TCG, so they get more stuff. Cough JK We better Cough

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again

Then it sucks for them.

At it's core, Pokemon TCG should not be about "I have the most money so I get to shit on you".

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Then it sucks for them.

At it's core, Pokemon TCG should not be about "I have the most money so I get to shiat on you".

Also a reminder that they essentially still have POP Packs in the form of Gym Packs. Cards are also much easier for them to access in general anyway because they constantly get things handed to them while we have to wait for it in the packs and fork over more cash in order to get them. This has been getting worse each year for us lately. So really, only the North American version of the game holds cards on a high priced pedestal.

The Dude

He was the very best, that no one ever was...
I wish the old one wouldn't make it to America, but it would've ruined the market. These probably wouldn’t come here either.

Sleepy

Aspiring Trainer
I am really hoping that this ends up releasing in America! I'm just getting back into the competitive TCG scene after a very long hiatus from Pokemon in general, and a easy way to get a good foundation of cards would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Elite Trainer boxes are great for starting players for the supplies they need but this would be great to help players build a competitive deck!

SeiferA

Aspiring Trainer
If this is a new thing Japan is doing, I can only hope The Pokemon Company International takes notice and decides to adapt this here since, as someone pointed out, this is being done with Magic anyway.