Mega Latios, Latias, and shiny Legendary Trio Unlocked in Game Hacks [2/20]

Amphy23 said:
scuba steveE said:
I like how the black parts on the legendaries turned white for their shinies. Zygarde is definitely my favorite.

That's because black is right before white in hexadecimal. When you encounter or hatch a shiny the hexadecimal numbers for their colors are automatically turned over one. GameFreak developers have no say in how the shinies look, the computer automatically does it. Which is why so many blue Water types turn purple for their shinies and many Normal types turn (ghetto) green.

I'm probably dumb, but I can't see from the hex color palletes (I found on google) how the colors go after each other. How does orange become black (Charizard) or black becomes bluish purple (Houndour)?

Btw, Yveltal looks awesome, Zygarde is a funny minty toothpaste :D and Xerneas is meh. The Latis don't bother me.

The look of M-Latios and M-Latias is so... ehm.... just very, very not good. They look like airplanes and the stats boost is just like they're holding a Soul Dew... "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like M-Latios?" (semi-quote)

Honestly, I like all Pokémon shown today. Yveltal being my favorite. I don't mind mega Lati@s, they look pretty cool to me. The only difference in appearance is their eye color. Xerneas in Active mode is whom I want to see.

Here is a comparison of their stats:
Latios--
80 90 80 130 110 110

Mega Latios--
80 130 100 160 120 110

Latias--
80 80 90 110 130 110

Mega Latias--
80 100 120 140 150 110

Let's just hope the mega stones aren't banned...

Amphy23 said:
scuba steveE said:
I like how the black parts on the legendaries turned white for their shinies. Zygarde is definitely my favorite.

That's because black is right before white in hexadecimal. When you encounter or hatch a shiny the hexadecimal numbers for their colors are automatically turned over one. GameFreak developers have no say in how the shinies look, the computer automatically does it. Which is why so many blue Water types turn purple for their shinies and many Normal types turn (ghetto) green.
Nope, I don't believe this. Proof or it is BS.

I like the shiny forms a lot. Too bad they're locked in-game. :(
Hopefully we'll see an event for them soon... Or maybe they'll make us wait until next gen and do a similar event to the Sinnoh Trio.

I dunno... It feels kinda dissapointing, no? I mean, it would've been much better and bigger surprise if it was by event (ofc you can always choose not to get a hacked Megastone, but...)

I expect much higher anti-hacking program in gen VII.

Regarder, another ugly shiny versions!
Am I the only one to think they all look awful? Zygarde reminds me of Abomasnow, Xerneas of Cubchoo and Beartic and Yveltal...some big piece of meat ready for barbecue (oh I know, GF staff also watches "Attack on Titan", it's explained, and now just imagine that artwork of Yveltal near a destroyed castle at night but in its shiny version: it works! ).
As for Mega-Latios, I've already said before they're ugly and it's so lazy to have them look the same.

As for Game Freak not having a say when it comes to shiny Pokémon, that's not the case since Gogoat's shiny version was changed before releasing (just go looking for Gogoat's page (or XY betas, I'm not sure) in a certain Venusaur related site).

Active shiny mode? does that mean he turns off or something because I have Y version and know nothing about his lore or his importance in the game.

The stats of these megas are a big letdown. M-Latios could pull off a Dragon Dance set, but any special attacking set is better done by the normal form with a Life Orb. M-Latias is even worse, as it's just an extension on the vanilla form, so it's a tank without leftovers recovery. The stats are spread way too thin over their stats for any boost to be meaningful.

Well that's just dandy. How do I get me one those shinies? Stupid shiny locks. I would've gotten them by legitimate methods too

WPM said:
If you can cheat, please do not pollute the online environment with hacked Pokemon or Items.
That's like telling somebody to not press the red button in front of him.

don()shinobi said:
WPM said:
If you can cheat, please do not pollute the online environment with hacked Pokemon or Items.
That's like telling somebody to not press the red button in front of him.

It's funny because I pressed the red button in XY. Woops...
At least Xerneas' active shiny form looks nice! I like that more than the inactive version.

Back