Mega Hoopa Uncovered in OR/AS Demo, Stats for Mega Evolutions [10/15]

That doesn't even look like a Pokemon to me, but cool! I hope I can get my hands on a shiny one.

Hard to see the pic, but at first glance, it looks like a digimon to me lol.

Though, I'm curious, which demo did you got the info from? Europe, Japanese? I suppose it doesn't really matter but I'm just curious.

I love the Mega Hoopa design! The way it can control its arms and removes them from being physically attached to the body looks really amazing.

Mega Diancie is fast, defensive, and strong. We better start getting used to using more Steel-type Pokémon.

I can't believe Mega Metagross gained that much speed. That's really cool!

I love how they lowered Beedril's special attack, to give it a higher boost in stats it does use. A low physical defence, but very fast and strong!

Mega Pidgeot has very nice stats. It not faster than Greninja, though. That will make a nice Hurricane with No Guard.

I'm so hyped about using Mega Gallade. I love the stats. So fast and strong. The design is awesome.

Groudon got a nice boost in its special attack, too. This will make Eruption and Solar Beam even better. Too bad the speed didn't go up. It is still slower than many other (legendary) Pokémon so it will likely take damage before pulling off Eruption.

Kyogre didn't really need the physical attack boost, but I guess it's nice to keep them somewhat related (in being opposite).

Mega Rayquaza.. I was already in love with the design and ability. Those stats are perfect too.

I kind of like M-Hoopa. Ccreepy, but cool. And now that we know the stats for the megas, I'll start breeding for competitive pokemon I can mega evolve.

What we can see of Mega Hoopa is fantastic. It truly looks like a real evolution! It has a type change from Psychic/Ghost to Psychic/Dark, too.

This is what I like to see in Megas -- ways to give Legendary/Mythical Pokémon "evolutions" whilst not breaking the "legendaries can't evolve" rule. It's so different from Hoopa, and that's cool.

Mega Hoopa is... I don't even know.

Mega Beedrill had some serious min-maxing done, but the result is interesting. I absolutely love it's design, so it having ridiculous Attack/Speed is nice. Is that the lowest Special Attack stat in any fully evolved Pokemon?

Mega Pidgeot looks pretty good as well. But neither it nor M-Gallade out speed Greninja. Oh well.

So all shiny Hoenn legendary decided to go black. It does look nice, but I wonder why both Groudon and Kyogre adapted to Rayquaza rather than sticking to their own style.

All the other shiny Megas. (found on /vp/)
9F7ZnKX.png

Hmmm Mega Hoopa looks somewhat weird but that's what I thought about Volcanion before, and now I think it's pretty cool.

Shiny Mega Rayquaza looks awesome, like it came out of a volcano. It actually looks more like a Fire-type than Shiny Mega Groudon, who still looks more like a Ground type. If only Mega Rayquaza's trails turned blue! And Kyogre looks like, well, an orca. It kinda looks like Seaworld caught Kyogre and put decals on it for a show.

I thought that pokemon couldn't get much worse than mega mewtwo x. Boy was I wrong!

Shiny primals look great!

So no more megas left? Only mega hoopa? Shocker

Reggie McGigas said:
I thought that pokemon couldn't get much worse than mega mewtwo x. Boy was I wrong!

Shiny primals look great!

So no more megas left? Only mega hoopa? Shocker
I guess no more megas until the third version or sequel or whatever gamefreak has in mind for X/Y.

So they reduced beedrill's special attack by 30 pts?! That's awesome!!! Didn't expect them to do that but it'll be for the better. If only they had done it with steelix too... but I'm still happy with all the megas' stats. Gallade's in particular look nicer that I expected.

Edit: I'm going to reserve my judgment for mega hoopa until we get clearer images. It does look kinda bizarre in that pic tho...

So, on second thought, could Mega Hoopa really just be a forme change? Evidently its base stats only increase by 80 (barring Alakazam, all other Mega Evolutions feature a 100 point increase), and since its design has such a drastic change (uncharacteristic of Mega Evolution) combined with the fact it keeps its ability (also uncharacteristic of Mega Evolution) and it has a new move, I'm not ruling out this being a forme change instead.

Jaime Runt said:
Drohn said:
I'm going to start breeding for a shiny Ralts. That shiny Gallade is amazing!

I didn't see any shiny gallade only the legendary trio. Where did you see him?
Bottom row, third from right.
9F7ZnKX.png

Back