Mega Hoopa Uncovered in OR/AS Demo, Stats for Mega Evolutions [10/15]

I really hope there are more Megas out there. I just can't see Gamefreak revealing them all (except maybe Hoopa, who will likely be revealed in next month's CoroCoro). Seems anti-climactic to not have any new megas to discover.

Rozureido said:
I really hope there are more Megas out there. I just can't see Gamefreak revealing them all (except maybe Hoopa, who will likely be revealed in next month's CoroCoro). Seems anti-climactic to not have any new megas to discover.
I'm sure there will be a few more...doesn't seem like Gamefreak's style to reveal them all. Plus, even if this is it for ORAS, you can bet there will be more Megas in Z/XY2/ZXZY, so hold on another year or so.

wow, Hoopa's new form is as tall as Gyarados!

Okay, I know M-Metagross has Tough Claws and M-Salamence has Aerilate and those boost their attacks but am I really the only one who thinks them getting a mere 10 point boost to their highest offensive stat is stupid?

And does this mean there are no more new megas? Sure, one can think they wouldn't just include them all in the Demo, but what about Hoopa's new form? Seems important and they left it in the Demo...

Metalizard said:
wow, Hoopa's new form is as tall as Gyarados!

Okay, I know M-Metagross has Tough Claws and M-Salamence has Aerilate and those boost their attacks but am I really the only one who thinks them getting a mere 10 point boost to their highest offensive stat is stupid?

And does this mean there are no more new megas? Sure, one can think they wouldn't just include them all in the Demo, but what about Hoopa's new form? Seems important and they left it in the Demo...

They are pseudo-legends.. the mega raises their stat-total to 700.
Sure Garchomp got bigger Atk boost, but it's ability is so-so, whereas tough claws and even moreso aerialite are to be taken serious.
Also, gaining bulk and speed when all your stats are already high as heck, is just as scary as an offensively focused mega.

Metalizard said:

Why? You are certainly not the only one to think so but I just don't get it-M-Charizard X has also Tough Claws but 130 attack stat and it is one of the top OU Pokemon if not the best while M-Metagross has the same ability with 145 attack stat and better bulk +speed ( also can boost its speed with agility)

^But Mega Charizard X boosts regular Charizard's attack by 50 points... Then again, you guys are right, normal Metagross already has 135 attack so, I don't know... It was precisely because the other pseudo-legends (Garchomp and Tyranitar) got higher boosts to their attack that I found weird that Salamence and Metagross only got a 10 point boost... I think I have a thing for glass cannons and hyper offense cause I don't care about the bulk of pokémon but I liked the speed boosts obviously...

I like it but I'm scary of it because it seems like the "black hole god of destruction and chaos"! o_O

Metalizard said:
^But Mega Charizard X boosts regular Charizard's attack by 50 points... Then again, you guys are right, normal Metagross already has 135 attack so, I don't know... It was precisely because the other pseudo-legends (Garchomp and Tyranitar) got higher boosts to their attack that I found weird that Salamence and Metagross only got a 10 point boost... I think I have a thing for glass cannons and hyper offense cause I don't care about the bulk of pokémon but I liked the speed boosts obviously...

Oh now I understand your logic. Yeah it did get a lot of bulk but it is very important on him since he now can take more hits and fire back. I guess if you like glass cannons you really love Mega Sceptile :p

thegrovylekid said:
No mega Dragonite? :(

I think Mega Flygon is the main disappointment from all of this thing. Still many hopes that Game freak will put new Mega eventually and regardless in the full game.

So, the demo has been decoded, and plentiful of information has been revealed. Approximately all the Megas in OR&AS, have been revealed. I'm wondering we won't have more Megas in OR&AS? We don't have alot of Grass, nor Bug type Megas in OR&AS. I was setting my hopes high for Mega Cacturne, or Mega Roserade, Mega Vespiquen, or Beautifly.

Don't worry about whether or not these are all the Megas.

Considering the main model for Hoopa's new forme was removed from the data, it would appear that some of the demo's data was tinkered with/removed...plus, as I've said before, Gamefreak has never revealed all of the new Pokémon before a main series release. But for some reason, even if this is it, there's likely going to be more new Megas next year anyway when the inevitable Z/XY2/ZXZY comes out.

Back