ORAS Mega Diancie

Metalizard said:
I think Mega Diancie, as I meant to show with my guess on its stats, will be a decently powerful and balanced Pokémon... even if her Defenses/Offenses don't decease/increase as much as I think (like less 10 points or something), she will still be fairly bulky and at the same time, have good offenses to actually beat something, specially when you acount the increased Speed... The only bad thing remanining will be her movepool...

The tutors are the only hope for that... I hope she gets Earth Power (which means she won't be completely walled by Steel types) and if it becomes a tutor move, Play Rough (which means she wouldn't have to go mixed to use her STAB moves)

unless it somehow gets Fire Punch then Skarmory/Ferrothorn wall it to death :\

I think its most likely gonna end up being BL or something, I can't see it in OU.

Even if Mega Diancie ends up having 170 in both offenses (which I doubt, but let's say that it will) and loses 50 in its defenses, therefore having 50/170/100/170/100/110, it still won't be great. Sure, it seems absurd, having so high stats, but let me remind you of Black Kyurem, which just couldn't stay Uber despite having the same BST as Mega Diancie.
Factors that hinder Mega Diancie: It's a Mega, and it's gonna face tough competition by other Megas, seeing as every team can only have one Mega; its movepool is bad, not granting enough coverage, and Calm Mind, its best boosting move, loses out due to the fact that Diancie's best Special Rock STAB is Ancientpower, meaning that Diancie can only work as a mixed attacker in the offensive, while a supporting role is fulfilled much better by regular Diancie and sets like offensive Stealth Rock are easily outclassed by Pokemon like Heatran and Garchomp, which have a more threatening offensive presence; its typing isn't exactly great, with 4 weaknesses and 6 resistances/immunities, as well as kinda lackluster offensive presence. I can see it being saved by Magic Bounce though, since that means it can't be crippled and worn down by Toxic, W-o-W or T-Wave, but don't expect its usage to skyroket just because of it.

Yeah, I noticed the other day that even though Carbink learns Power Gem, TrollFreak, being what they are, replaced Power Gem with Trick Room for Diancie... WTF?

Power Gem wouldn't have made much difference... What kind of sweeper/pivot works off a 70 base power STAB move with no additional effects?

Mega Diancie? :( I wish they took some older Pokemons, not the new one's..
But, I think it looks pretty awesome!

Chaos Jackal said:
Power Gem wouldn't have made much difference... What kind of sweeper/pivot works off a 70 base power STAB move with no additional effects?

Actually, 80... It was buffed in XY... which may not look like much, but it's more acceptable...

Magic Bounce on a Stealth Rock user seems neat. This thing will be a strong lead, especially if the Speed boost can push it past Garchomp and Terrakion. Makes for a nice Talonflame and Charizard X check too. I dunno, the offensive movepool is barren, but it still has some nice things going for it.

Even though Mega Diancie was purely for the movie, I really do love it. The idea that it is the perfected form of Diancie is really neat. As for the stats, I really felt Diancie was pretty good already but still, they gotta change something. xD

CMP said:
I like Mega Diancie, and I think it's a pretty good representation of what I like in a Mega -- logical changes/improvements upon the base form. The only part that bothers me, though, are the diamonds which float under it. Doesn't bother me on, say, Mega Medicham or Mega Alakazam as they add to the designs and have logical explanations, whereas Mega Diancie's diamonds seem rather superfluous.

719MegaDiancie.png
Just looks better to me is all.

I completely agree with that; I understand the purpose of those crystals, but they just make things unnecessarily complicated. The sleeves and the diamonds in the head bother me too; they're too small and throw away the balance.

JZisL3d.png

There we go. Perfect.

Back