ORAS Mega Diancie

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Couldn't find a fitting thread so made one.

Mega Diancie has Magic Bounce, decreased defenses, highly increased speed and sharply increased attacks!

july_p29_02_gyl.jpg

july_p29_04_ipd.jpg

Source: pokemon.com

This is the total opposite of what I was expecting her to get.

Not sure how better it will be than regular Diancie... depending on any tutor moves she gets in ORAS she might get a niche. (praying she gets Earth Power)

His Goominess said:

Not sure how better it will be than regular Diancie... depending on any tutor moves she gets in ORAS she might get a niche. (praying she gets Earth Power)

All mega evolutions are the opposite of what everyone would expect. I bet Mega Sceptile has reduced speed and high Defenses.

Blob55 said:
His Goominess said:

All mega evolutions are the opposite of what everyone would expect. I bet Mega Sceptile has reduced speed and high Defenses.

Not really.
They tend to play on the existing Pokemons highest stats and work from there.
Take Houdoom for instance:
Its speed and sp.a are its highest attributes in its normal form, so Mega Houdoom adds to that. (although its highest stat boost is its defense gaining 40 points)
(and for the record, speed is the only stat that it actually mentions Mega Sceptile has a boost on the official ORAS website)

But existing Megas tend to have similar set ups to the regular mons. With Diancie though, her stats turn from wall-esque to what appear to be sweeper-esque.

His Goominess said:
Blob55 said:

Not really.
Its speed and sp.a are its highest attributes in its normal form, so Mega Houdoom adds to that.

What about design-wise? Mega Ampharos gets reduced speed, but somehow Mega Tyranitar gets INCREASED speed.

It also bugs me that Mega Absol gets wings, but never uses them.

Blob55 said:
His Goominess said:
Not really.
Its speed and sp.a are its highest attributes in its normal form, so Mega Houdoom adds to that.

What about design-wise? Mega Ampharos gets reduced speed, but somehow Mega Tyranitar gets INCREASED speed.

It also bugs me that Mega Absol gets wings, but never uses them.

Ampharos: Its fabulous weave (and butthair) is dense and adds weight, thus not allowing it to move as fast as it might have been able to.
Tyranitar: that is one I can't explain
Absol: It 'wings' aren't functional... they're just its fur thats now standing on end from the energy from Mega Evolution, they just have the appearance of wings.

Anyone else feel like Mega Diancie kinda resembles Sailor Moon? Or is it just me because Sailor Moon is being rebroadcast-ed again xP
94179_OfficialMegaDiancie.png

Sailor-Moon-sailor-moon-33978582-562-841.jpg

CuriousCleffa said:
Anyone else feel like Mega Diancie kinda resembles Sailor Moon? Or is it just me because Sailor Moon is being rebroadcast-ed again xP
94179_OfficialMegaDiancie.png

Sailor-Moon-sailor-moon-33978582-562-841.jpg

It reminds me more of Caitlin, because it has servants that you can fight, while Diancie is hidden away for you to fight later.

So basically Mega Diancie is a fast, bouncy anime chick. Got it.

I actually do think the Mega form of Diancie is pretty sweet. I was kinda "meh" about Diancie at first since it just seemed like a girl-ified version of the already-super-cute Carbink, but the Mega form adds majesty and makes the design more interesting.

Who faceted Diancie's head? That must've taken some skill and a lot of effort. And why does the diamond change its cut shape upon Mega Evolving? :p

I really wasn't expecting Magic Bounce as the Ability. It's better than something like Clear Body though.

I like Mega Diancie, and I think it's a pretty good representation of what I like in a Mega -- logical changes/improvements upon the base form. The only part that bothers me, though, are the diamonds which float under it. Doesn't bother me on, say, Mega Medicham or Mega Alakazam as they add to the designs and have logical explanations, whereas Mega Diancie's diamonds seem rather superfluous.

719MegaDiancie.png
Just looks better to me is all.

Mega Diancie is every magical girl ever.
With lots of rocks.

As for competitive use, I can see it being a heavy glass cannon.

98Greener said:
With lots of rocks.

Mega Diancie will definitely not become a glass cannon. Diancie has 150 in both defs. Even if they reduced both by as much as 50, it would still have 50/100/100 defs, which is good. (Rotom formes have 50/107/107, and Rotom formes are known for good bulk.)

Teal said:
98Greener said:
With lots of rocks.

Mega Diancie will definitely not become a glass cannon. Diancie has 150 in both defs. Even if they reduced both by as much as 50, it would still have 50/100/100 defs, which is good. (Rotom formes have 50/107/107, and Rotom formes are known for good bulk.)

That is, until you see its common weaknesses.
4x Steel won't be good for it, nor the water weakness.
It definitely won't be terribad, though.

98Greener said:
Teal said:

That doesn't make it a glass cannon. It's common logic that you switch out from a threat. A glass cannon can't take hits, mega Diancie will definitely be able to take some hits.
By that logic even Garchomp is a glass cannon because it has a 4x common Ice weakness and can be OHKOd by most Ice attacks... we all know that Garchomp isn't a glass cannon though.

Teal said:
98Greener said:
That doesn't make it a glass cannon. It's common logic that you switch out from a threat. A glass cannon can't take hits, mega Diancie will definitely be able to take some hits.
By that logic even Garchomp is a glass cannon because it has a 4x common Ice weakness and can be OHKOd by most Ice attacks... we all know that Garchomp isn't a glass cannon though.

Then I'm wrong.
It'll be something.

I think Mega Diancie, as I meant to show with my guess on its stats, will be a decently powerful and balanced Pokémon... even if her Defenses/Offenses don't decease/increase as much as I think (like less 10 points or something), she will still be fairly bulky and at the same time, have good offenses to actually beat something, specially when you acount the increased Speed... The only bad thing remanining will be her movepool...

Back