• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mega Blastoise/Keldeo

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:
Still, Shauna decreases your chance of getting an Energy.

But you can have more cards in your deck if you have a huge hand.

Why are you arguing this? Juniper is obviously useful, you get more cards with it, so more energy. Shauna is a lot more situational than Juniper if your argument is you might discard a Mega Blastoise EX or Rare Candy or something else valuable along those lines. And if you need those cards in your hand, you don't use Juniper, you Skyla for a Shauna or use it if you already have it.
Either way, 2/2 split is clearly the way to go, and if you really do discard a vital Pokemon, use a Super Rod.
This is such a pointless debate.

Dia said:
Eron said:

Why are you arguing this? Juniper is obviously useful, you get more cards with it, so more energy. Shauna is a lot more situational than Juniper if your argument is you might discard a Mega Blastoise EX or Rare Candy or something else valuable along those lines. And if you need those cards in your hand, you don't use Juniper, you Skyla for a Shauna or use it if you already have it.
Either way, 2/2 split is clearly the way to go, and if you really do discard a vital Pokemon, use a Super Rod.

I agree with this but why a 2-2 split

Br0vyle said:
Dia said:

I agree with this but why a 2-2 split
  • You don't need 4 Shauna
  • You need Shauna
  • 1 is inconsistent
  • Not enough space for both
  • Shauna is hawt
  • You'll have access to both when you need them most, usually.

I could come up with more reasons if you want me to :p

Dia said:
Eron said:

I think you have never used this deck, everytime I play, I have to use Juniper and discard something, so it's not might, because then I'm full on supporters but, with N I only grab 1-6 and well, I might change it for Shauna or use a 2/2 and add 2-4 Red Cards.

And Super Rod, it won't on format after this Wolrds (2014), so, I use Superior Energy Retrieval. And it works great when someone kill me a Keldeo-EX or Mew-EX.

I think you just have bad luck then or you run too many supporters Eron :p
Although, your point on Super Rod is correct. Just use Superior for Energy, but you're stuck for Pokémon.

I just have a couple of opinions... So first of all, I think that you could switch out suicune for kyurem (PLF). This is great, especially if you need to get that extra 30 damage to their bench. Also, is this deck kinda klunky? I would guess so, since your turn ends, but M Blastoise has HUGE potential as a attacker.

ohmigosh, you guys have replied to each other so much, I dunno which one to reply to anymore.
Juniper is still the best supporter, that's it. Oh you have to discard a M blastoise? too bad, you'll have more, and it's not even that great of a card.
The only decks that really really really don't benefit from it that well, are usually bad decks, or decks that CANNOT replace their resources, at all.
Darkrai(or all the new shtuffs) Blastoise and Emboar are three EXCELLENT DECKS, that NEED juniper, why? because refreshing your hand to 5 rather than drawing 7 new ones is weak, especially since in Darkrai, you need to discard energy to power your pokemon. In both Emboar and Blastoise, you should run juniper over Shauna, as well as running superior energy retrievals (or basic ones, whichever fits you) so that you can easily power up, quicker and more efficiently. You can also discard cards that you don't need, or just can't use, and just get rid of them.
Shauna is average, It's just so basic, 5 cards is fine, with Juniper, you get 2 more, which is 2 more chances to get a good hand.
That said, I like Shauna, it's good in some circumstances, but Shauna is not better than Juniper, under most circumstances, you will run more Juniper than Shauna, and if you need to run Shauna, you'll probably run Juniper as well.
I run 4 Juniper and 2 Shauna in both my Darkrai Yveltal deck and my fairy transfer deck.
I run 4 Juniper in Emboar, and everyone at my league are running Juniper over Shauna in their Blastoise decks (I also had one, where I ran 4 juniper, but blastoise is boring)
I run 4 Juniper in VirGen and 3 in Empoleon (Empoleon is a deck that can split evenly on Shauna vs Juniper, because not only is it a shuffle supporter, it's also necessary to not loose your Empoleon lines.)

Back