• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mega Blastoise/Keldeo

Br0vyle

It's CLOBBERIN' TIME
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon
  • 3 Squirtle (Acceleration)
  • 1 Wartortle (Acceleration)
  • 3 Blastoise (Acceleration)
  • 2 Mega Blastoise EX (Attacker)
  • 2 Blastoise EX ( to get Mega Blastoise out faster)
  • 3 Keldeo EX (Attacker)
  • 1 Suicune (Non-EX Attacker/Walling Ex's)
    Total: 14

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Rare candy
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City gym
  • 2 Supperior energy retreival
  • 2 Bike
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Professor's Letter
    Total: 32

Energy
  • 9 Water
  • 3 DCE
Total:16
Strategy Basically Blastoise but instead I am using Mega Blastoise EX as an attacker instead of BKEX. Any input is greatly appreciated

You say it's a future deck.
You're running Cilan.
What.

-2 Cilan
+2 Professor's Letter

Even though you get one less Energy, it means you can still Juniper, which can net you even more Energy. :p
Also, you need Blastoise-EX anyway :p

-3 Hypnotoxic Laser, Neither with these
-2 Virbank City gym, I have never seen one of these with these
-2 Cilan, Professor's letter is for that
-2 Bike, simply no
-4 Juniper, Shauna is better, you take 2 card less, but you don't have to discards the hand.

+1 Squirtle
+1 Blastoise
+4 Professor's Letter
+1 Rare Candy
+2 Skyla
+4 Shauna

Btw, you should add what the new cards do.

Scorched Feathers said:
I think a 2/2 Split on Shauna and Juniper may be better, as occasionally you may need to burn through cards.
When?

That's something I have never had to do.

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:
I think a 2/2 Split on Shauna and Juniper may be better, as occasionally you may need to burn through cards.
When?

When you're hand's Jank you don't need :p
Also that's technically a higher chance to net Energy with Juniper.

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:
When?

Maybe, but, you may discard usable cards like M-Blastoise EX or Rare Candy.

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:

Ehh, you'll have them when you need them with Skyla and Ultra Ball :p

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

I wasn't talking about that, I was saying, for example, you have 1 M-Blastoise EX and 1 Juniper, it's bad to discard something great, and passes most of the time (I have this deck, but not this new one, the original one)

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:
I wasn't talking about that, I was saying, for example, you have 1 M-Blastoise EX and 1 Juniper, it's bad to discard something great, and passes most of the time (I have this deck, but not this new one, the original one)

I'd rather get 7 Cards instead of a Card I'm not going to use.

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

So do I, but, discarding it just for 2 more cards? I don't think so, as well Professor's Letter can get you energies.

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:

So do I, but, discarding it just for 2 more cards? I don't think so, as well Professor's Letter can get you energies.

If I knew how to math it, I would show you that it's easier to get Energy with Juniper. Letter is there as a better Energy Search, and you still have the same chance of hitting it as you do an Energy. Although, Letter does count as 2, so...

idk

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

If I knew how to math it, I would show you that it's easier to get Energy with Juniper. Letter is there as a better Energy Search, and you still have the same chance of hitting it as you do an Energy. Although, Letter does count as 2, so...

idk

Let me do the math for you.

11.66%... is the Prob. to get and energy if you used Juniper.
8.333%.. is the Prob. to get an energy if you used Shauna.

But, we also have Prof. Letter, so the rate should be higher.

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:

idk

That's 3.33% more!
Don't forget that Shauna shuffles, thus increasing the deck size first.

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

That's 3.33% more!

That's even better if you have 1 or 2 in deck and have a HUGE hand, of more than 6 or 7 cards.

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:
That's 3.33% more!

That's even better if you have 1 or 2 in deck and have a HUGE hand, of more than 6 or 7 cards.

Still, Shauna decreases your chance of getting an Energy.

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

Still, Shauna decreases your chance of getting an Energy.

But you can have more cards in your deck if you have a huge hand.

Eron said:
-3 Hypnotoxic Laser, Neither with these
-2 Virbank City gym, I have never seen one of these with these
-2 Cilan, Professor's letter is for that
-2 Bike, simply no
-4 Juniper, Shauna is better, you take 2 card less, but you don't have to discards the hand.

+1 Squirtle
+1 Blastoise
+4 Professor's Letter
+1 Rare Candy
+2 Skyla
+4 Shauna

Btw, you should add what the new cards do.

thank you for your suggestions but with the lasers and maybe muscle band Mega Blastoise could hit for 170 the only reason i didn't include muscle band was because i needed more water energy also I've tested Shauna and it really isn't that great

Its more like a question of Shauna over colress rather than the other 2. Cause N is just needed for disruption, late game, and still 6 cards early game. Juniper/Sycamore is just the best supporter no question. 7 Cards is huge. Gets you those energies, rare candy, tropical beach, blastoise, and all those fun items much better than getting only 5 cards that recycle the ones you have.

But yeah math... lets say 14 cards in deck 6 in your hand. Thats a total 20 cards total you can play. You dont need any of the cards in your hand anymore. Like pokeballs, skyla, rare candy and other stuff you just dont want to draw into. You discard your hand and draw half your deck. Theres a good chance you will get what you want if its still in there. 7 out of 14 cards go to your hand, which is 50% chance of you getting the 1 card you need from the deck.

On the other hand same scenario. Play Shauna and 5 cards you have no use for go back into your deck. You draw 5 out of 19, which is like 26% chance you get the 1 card you need. This only gets worse the bigger your hand is.

And yes you can think, i dont want to discard my hand there are like 10 + cards in it. But if you are playing with the right amount of supporters, you are ideally using a supporter each turn and then using cards each turn. There is almost no reason you should be hitting a high number of cards unless you are playing empoleon or something.

TLDR Shauna or Colress is the decision you should make. Not Juniper/N or Shauna.

Back