Meatless Monday

Do you support the 'Meatless Monday' Law?

• NO! >/

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Yes, it's not that bad

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Yes, people shouldn't eat meat in the first place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Pleas Comment)

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
PheonyxXx said:
It is hard when the ban on the sale of meats go to extremes. This is not a communist country, but they are acting more and more like it by telling us what we can and cannot watch. What to eat and when to eat it. These are all things of a communist government.

Whaaa... Seems a lot of people here need to refresh their memory on what communism is.

communism
classless political system: the political theory or system in which all property and wealth is owned in a classless society by all the members of that society

Also, on topic, I don't agree with the law. At the current time, there simply doesn't seem to be any need for it.

dragonpokemonpwn said:
That's not fair to the people that like eating meat (burgers, steak, etc.). And there is Lent when you can't eat meat which I follow.
J think you're supposed to choose one thing and not eat that for the duration of lent.

@ArceusShayminLover: That's not how it goes >_> On Lent, you're supposed to give up something you like to use or give up something (playing on your ds, wii, etc.) and to not eat meat.

I know a lot of people who observe Lent and I've NEVER heard the meat thing before..

42 chocolate said:
bacon and WailmerMan: I would say that not all meat harms the environment. Probably, completely organic meat is not harmful at all. I get this idea from The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. (All of you should read this book. :-/) Also, in the book, it tells you that you can find local sustainable (completely organic) meat farms/stores in your area at http://www.eatwild.com/index.html

Given that raising any form of livestock (organic or otherwise) uses up both room and energy, produces enormous amounts of green house gases, and is forever posing the risk of spreading disease, I strongly disagree with "not harmful at all". Besides, organic farms are accountable for less than 1% of all farming areas in total.

Note however that in my previous post, I didn't really call out anything regarding climate change. It's easy to justify widespread vegetarianism without relying upon shaky climate scare facts and figures. The most basic reason would be that economically, it is far more efficient to raise crops than it is livestock (Energy --> Plants --> Humans uses less resources, land and money than Energy --> Plants --> Livestock --> Humans).

dragonpokemonpwn said:
@ArceusShayminLover: That's not how it goes >_> On Lent, you're supposed to give up something you like to use or give up something (playing on your ds, wii, etc.) and to not eat meat.

O yeah that's what it was. I gave up fast food. (For life)

Look guys, you're overreacting look at the fine print.

CT_400 said:
Today in my Animal Science class, we were told that Massachusetts is trying to pass a law that will BAN THE SALE OF MEAT from Restaurants on Mondays ONLY to help the environment

It says restraunts only. You can still buy some at the store. And furthermore, it says they are trying to. I'm trying to make millions doing nothing, does that mean I actually will? I live in Mass. and this is the first time I've ever heard. I had a nice juicy hamburger last monday at local restraunt. It's not going to happen people.

I swear I can't stand animal rights activists. Most of them are so... :/ ya... I'm not even going to say what they are.

Back