McDonalds Pokemon Promotion Coming to the U.S. Again in May / June [4/25]

Is the card you receive dependent on the launcher? I got a blastoise launcher with a chespin card, are all blastoise launchers similar?

In case you aren't hungry you can pick up the toys by themselves for less than 2 dollars.

ryter78 said:
Is the card you receive dependent on the launcher? I got a blastoise launcher with a chespin card, are all blastoise launchers similar?

In case you aren't hungry you can pick up the toys by themselves for less than 2 dollars.

Nope, the cards are not related to what launcher you get, I got the same launcher as you but with a different card.

ryter78 said:

That's good news, I don't eat fast food.
Does anyone know if you can see the card that you're getting before opening the package? I imagine McDs lets you pick the toy you want, if you're buying just the toy, right?

is the Pikachu Launcher out? thats the only Launcher im after and card really from this set for now

Say, I heard that the Pikachu (Red) launcher is the most requested toy at my local mcdonalds in California.. the kids keep coming back to trade for him. He's also going for more on Ebay now ($5.00) versus his compadres at $2.50 and $3.00 on Ebay.

By the way.... if you hang out long enough in the mcdonalds, keep an eye out on whats thrown away in the trash. I found a Snubble card in the wrappings of a Happy meal that had been discarded. The dumpsters are often left unattended and with open doors outside, feel free to be brave, don some gloves and hold your breath.... I found some discarded toys in there as well :)

The-Kaiser said:
is the Pikachu Launcher out? thats the only Launcher im after and card really from this set for now

they are all out, I bought mine on 5-23-2014.... try driving by multiple McDonalds to snag them all :) Or call ahead using the phonebook or Google and have them hold them for you :)

Athena said:
The name of this forum is "Front Page News" which means that all of the discussion threads created here are based on stories posted to the front page of this website. To read the article in question, all you need to do is click on the Staryu shortcut link in the upper right next to the Twitter and Facebook links, or manually type in the homepage url, pokebeach.com. While most threads in other forums on PokéBeach do contain more detailed opening posts, the Front Page News section is entirely decided to news posted on the front page, so it is expected that people have read (or will read) the news there. Hopefully this is helpful to you in the future. :)
Thank you for your explanatory reply! I never saw the news page here before... perhaps the mod could paste the link next time so we can hop over that way....

anyway cheers and thanks!

8bitCelebi said:
Even though I'm 17 I still like kids meals more than adult meals. I prefer the older Pokémon toys from Burger King because there was more variety but this is okay.

I also remember the old Pokemon plushies from KFC which came with Vulpix, Seel, Zubat, and Dratini. I still have Dratini from it sitting on top of my closet which is currently going for around $20 on eBay right now.

I'm highly disappointed in these toys and cards. Some of the "pucks" I got don't stay locked into the launcher, they just slide out. Also, compared to figurines from the Black and White promotion, these just fall flat when it comes to overall enjoyment. And the cards! Ugh, the cards. Half of the cards were bent or had indents from the toys, and they're so flimsy, almost as thin as notebook paper. I'm appalled at the cheapness of this promotion. Nintendo, Game Freak, McDonald's and anyone else associated with this should be ashamed.

Is there anyone selling just the cards (all 12) yet? i just looked on ebay and its mostly card singles and the toy and card unwrapped so far.

I agree, when I was a little girl, and the Lion King toys came out... they were articulated and could move and you could pose them.
I played with those toys for YEARS.
lionkingbk7.jpg

a puck with a stand up sticker on plastic?
If I was a kid now, I would get bored quickly. Except for the card game.
BocQHMsIQAANROJ.jpg

you have got to be KIDDING me, we 90s kids had wayy better toys.

No Happy Meal toy can ever beat the awesomeness that was Dinosaur - McDonald's Food Transformers

$T2eC16F,!w0E9szNW4GkBRtlQe5Nn!~~60_35.JPG

This guy was my personal favourite:

il_570xN.420071830_6wl6.jpg

Athena said:
No Happy Meal toy can ever beat the awesomeness that was Dinosaur - McDonald's Food Transformers

$T2eC16F,!w0E9szNW4GkBRtlQe5Nn!~~60_35.JPG

This guy was my personal favourite:

il_570xN.420071830_6wl6.jpg

omg. I had the Fry one. I loved him very much. I had to have been about 4 hahaha!

I still have the Chicken McNugget one at my desk in my room. Must've inherited it from my brother or sisters, as I was only one or two when they came out.

From what I've seen, these "toys" are pretty disappointing, but then again, I'm 25. I'm sure I'd be thrilled if I was in the target age range!

CMP said:
I still have the Chicken McNugget one at my desk in my room. Must've inherited it from my brother or sisters, as I was only one or two when they came out.

From what I've seen, these "toys" are pretty disappointing, but then again, I'm 25. I'm sure I'd be thrilled if I was in the target age range!
Yeah I just read the dates on the ebay ones Athena posted and it came out in 1990, making me four and you ... one! But they are such a cool concept and they are actually a toy you can interact with.

take note, McDonalds toy developers!

We never did much fast food when I (and my sister) were younger. And we certainly never did KFC, but none the less I still managed to find a way to get the Dratini and Vulpix plushes they originally did. I also won a Poliwhirl from a claw machine. I want these places to start doing some more plushes.

ChicaSkas said:
you have got to be KIDDING me, we 90s kids had wayy better toys.
When I was a kid, I got a blasted tree in my Happy Meal. Not a toy tree, but an actual tree that I was allergic to.

ForeignDude said:
I didn't know Canada would differ from the USA in terms of happy meal toys. What a shame. Fifa...pfft this is Canada, at least give us NHL themed toys.

I have a couple of guesses why this might be:
-FIFA having to compete with TPCi in various countries to get the promotion. For some reason they won in Canada and lost in the US.
-The last two Pokémon promotions not doing that well in Quebec due to them having French TCG cards. French cards are pretty much required in Quebec due to language laws, but are unpopular there because everyone is more familiar with the English names (unlike France), even little kids. Keep in mind that Quebec is the second largest province in Canada.

The-Kaiser said:

The Pikachu one has been out, and should be out still, I think. I got it on the first try only a day or two after the start of the promotion.

Imma probably pass on these cards. Maybe collect a couple froakies cause that was my favorite starter from the 6th generation. But man, those toys look like garbage. Looks like they didn't even try.

Why couldn't they just make the cards exactly like regular cards? Instead they made them out of Dunder Mifflin paper.

Back