Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Today’s the day! As we reported last week, the McDonald’s Pokemon TCG promotion starts today in the United States. It started in Canada last week and in England the week before.
Each Happy Meal comes with a 4-card booster pack containing one foil card and three non-foil cards. There are 15 cards to collect: six of them are always holo (Rowlet, Gossifleur, Growlithe, Victini, Pikachu, and Smeargle). The rest are always non-holo. The holo cards feature the “confetti” holofoil used for past McDonald’s promotions.

Match-Battle-Booster-Pack-McDonalds-117x200.jpg

Rowlet-Holo-McDonalds-2022-151x200.jpg

Gossifleur-Holo-McDonalds-144x200.jpg

Growlithe-Holo-McDonalds-2022-155x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Fireball27

The only Scarlet player
Managed to get a Victini toy, here's the regional differences (For those who did and did not care to ask)

The box is different in America to accommodate for the plastic spinner
The manual has some slight changes (BECAUSE OF THE SPINNER!!!!! WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?!?!?)
And the spinner is plastic.
You're welcome, people who did not care!

ChicaSkas

Aspiring Trainer
They are here in the states with the plastic spinners, each box is labeled 1-10. However they advertise 12 toys so I'm assuming the 2 books are the remaining toys

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Just for Shinx and Jiggles, here are my Mcdonphan pulls... from x2 box1,2,3 have 11/15 of the set.
1 Smeargle ledyba flaffy bewear
1 Smeargle tynamo flaffy cutiefly
2 Rowlet ledyba drampa bewear
2 Pikachu ledyba drampa bewear
3 Pikachu tynamo lapras bewear
3 Rowlet tynamo flaffy pangoro
edit - picked up #9 #10 x2
9 Pikachu tynamo lapras bewear
9 Growlithe ledyba drampa cutiefly
10 Rowlet tynamo flaffy pangoro
10 Victini ledyba flaffy pangoro

Last edited:

nick15

Fake Card Master
Just for Shinx and Jiggles, here are my Mcdonphan pulls... from x2 box1,2,3 have 11/15 of the set.
1.1 Smeargle ledyba flaffy bewear
2.1 Smeargle tynamo flaffy cutiefly
3.2 Rowlet ledyba drampa bewear
4.2 Pikachu ledyba drampa bewear
5.3 Pikachu tynamo lapras bewear
6.3 Rowlet tynamo flaffy pangoro
Actually that's useful to know, I'm trying to compile some semblance of a print run for this. The fact that your packs have cards in a similar order is meaningful.... somehow.

Fireball27

The only Scarlet player
Actually that's useful to know, I'm trying to compile some semblance of a print run for this. The fact that your packs have cards in a similar order is meaningful.... somehow.
My friends got nearly the exact same pack structure for some packs. Evidence of a possible fixed rate in some packs?

nick15

Fake Card Master
My friends got nearly the exact same pack structure for some packs. Evidence of a possible fixed rate in some packs?
Possibly? I'm still trying to figure out how cards are filled in packs in general... this has been something I've been thinking about since at least Gym Challenge when I tried to do a print run analysis for it. Like, if I see a pattern, is that because that's the order they're actually positioned on a card sheet itself and therefore they're cut up and placed in exactly one after another? Or does knowing what nonholo cards you get determine what holos you get??

For the last McDonald's promotion, I did notice that all cards are basically(*) found in a specific position in the pack, and basically(*) never in any other slot. For example, Pikachu was ALWAYS the card directly behind the holo. Here's the list itself:
mcd2021cardPosition.png
This also means that cards in the same position will basically(*) NEVER be found in the same pack; you normally can't get a Torchic, Chimchar and Totodile in the same pack. I'm therefore trying to get info about the 2022 packs and see if they follow a similar pattern.

Apart from it just being fun to figure out, I guess in a way this also can be used to determine if maybe some pack streamer faked their opening: if they open their 2021 McDonald's pack and find (in the following order) Turtwig, Torchic and Froakie, then they might have faked it.

(* I say "basically" because random automated errors in the packing process have allowed cards to be placed out of order or something. If everything worked as they should, then they should be in this order. But of course machines break so random errors creep in.)

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
updated, also did the same with the BOOsters, if its of any use.