May's English Set: 'Roaring Skies', First Info Revealed! [2/10]

steffenka said:
bbninjas said:
I doubt we'll get a Fairy Altaria due to only just getting a fairy Gardevoir-EX.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying we got Florges, Aegislash and Dialga in Phantom Forces, while still getting Aggron and Gardevoir, and we also got Dragonite after Mega Charizard X and Magnezone after Emolga, so I'm not sure if you can use that argument..

I mean that we haven't got two of the same type of megas one after another, but I see your point.

I hope we get Dragon Energy. Just. Please. I hope they make that a thing.

Where in the heck is Zygarde? Please include him.

Serperior said:
I hope we get Dragon Energy. Just. Please. I hope they make that a thing.

Where in the heck is Zygarde? Please include him.

I don't think we'll see Zygarde before the XY sequel comes out :/

Im just hoping there are some decently playable EXs in this set*cough Primal Clash *cough also I think that stage 2s deserve a better engine besides the cards whom will not be named.(they have horrid names) But in all seriousness, please just make more ability EXs. I wouldnt even mind a mega that didnt have an attack but rather an ability. Maybe some way to get energy or pokemon draw like in the DP days.

tobehanabi; The Mega Rayquaza battle pack doesn't say anything about another Rayquaza/Mega Rayquaza. It only mentions Blaziken EX and two packs of Emerald Break, Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm.

Barboach the powerful, I am actually curious to see/get the megas of the hoenn evolutions too, especially M. Sceptile. So far except for Reshiram, Zekrom and Arceus (who technically should have a fairy version too) everything that can be treated as dragon has been treated as dragon. So with cards like M. Sceptile (or M. Ampharos for that matter) what type will we get?

I really do want Zygarde to come out, but I don't see it happening until the end of the year or beginning of next, when we learn about Pokemon Z or X2/Y2, whatever.

Actually, at least in my opinion, four megas is a good way to go. That would take about 2 years (bar any new ones in the sequel games) give or take a few that could be released in premium collections in the vein of Mega Metagross and Mega Diancie, which is also how I see getting Mega Absol honestly. This could work for M. Sharpedo EX and M. Camerupt EX too, since we already got their EX versions in Primal Clash but no sign of their megas, which is odd given their current pattern as I mentioned earlier. And if the gen six card era lasts two years, then there we go. All megas before gen seven. Not to say it will happen but I think this would work well.

I think we'll get the Blaziken EX in this set, but it will be done in the same way as Hawlucha EX, where we only have one, no full art. That is really the only way to account for an odd number of EX Pokemon in the set:
Rayquaza EX
M. Rayquaza EX
Latios EX
M. Latios EX
Unknown EX one
Unknown M. EX one
Unknown EX two
Unknown M. EX two
Thundurus EX
Hydrgeion EX
Blaziken EX

The thing is we haven't always gotten legendaries (duo or otherwise) at the same time though it is highly rare not too. For example Tornadus EX was in Dark Explorers (and reprinted in Legendary Treasures as a promo) but until now never got a Thundurus EX. I don't count the Therian formes here. And of course we have the infamous missing Suicune EX when they did Raikou EX and Entei EX, whereas in contrast we got Articuno EX, Zapdos EX, and Moltres EX together.

I meant this deck coming out the same day as Emerald Break
http://pokebeach.com/2014/12/xy6-emerald-break-product-info-revealed

quinnator said:
im reeeeally hoping for a fairy type mega altaria ex!! and im betting mega rayquaza will have some special gimmick like in the games. im thinking he probably won't have to end your turn when mega evolving... but that would be incredibly broken depending on how good the card actually is. :/

I can perfectly see M-Rayquaza having Delta Evolution as an Ancient Trait.

Mega Turbo Energy sounds like Boost Energy. I guess it could also be for Mega Pokemon, but that's too obvious, right? Oh yeah and Mega Rayquaza FA is gonna be expen$ive

Okay, forgot about that deck. However there is still no indication that they are different cards than the ones in the main set. In fact as for the Rayquaza EX they specifically say they are from the set.

Pikachu6319 said:
Okay, forgot about that deck. However there is still no indication that they are different cards than the ones in the main set. In fact as for the Rayquaza EX they specifically say they are from the set.

Yes, they are different. Colorless M-Rayquaza with Delta Evolution has been revealed alongside 2 Colorless Rayquaza-EX and an image of the Deck showing a Dragon M-Rayquaza with another Delta Ancient Trait.
So this basically means the pool of Pokemon-EX for this set is just getting bigger...

Mind posting a link to these images, I haven't heard or seen a thing about any cards in this set, let alone any form of M. Rayquaza.

somehow I have a feeling that we will be getting Zinnia as a supporter.

as well as Salmence and M-Salememce to go with her (Dragon theme atleast)

this set obviously has a Delta Episode theme, so why not eh?

Primal Clash had Archie and Maxie, along with them were Camerupt and Sharpedo. considering they are their Ace Pokemon, I can see it being the same for Zinnia.

The images of the cards are in the most recent news story on the front page here. They're not very high quality yet because it's just scans from CoroCoro leaks, but they're there.

Those scans weren't up when I had went to bed. I just woke up and discovered them. That settles that one at least though. Two colorless Rayquaza EX, one colorless M. Rayquaza EX and one dragon M. Rayquaza EX. Now we just have to find out the last mega of this set.

So will this start being a thing? Will we start seeing megas in both forms? I mean, are we going to see M. Sceptile as both a grass and a dragon type for example or will this be unique to Rayquaza?

I am however kind of hoping that this set might follow Primal Clash in the fact of it having some alternate types to some of the Pokemon. Maybe this one can give us our first fighting Cradily or non Magma Aggron line or something.

Pikachu6319 said:
Those scans weren't up when I had went to bed. I just woke up and discovered them. That settles that one at least though. Two colorless Rayquaza EX, one colorless M. Rayquaza EX and one dragon M. Rayquaza EX. Now we just have to find out the last mega of this set.

So will this start being a thing? Will we start seeing megas in both forms? I mean, are we going to see M. Sceptile as both a grass and a dragon type for example or will this be unique to Rayquaza?

I am however kind of hoping that this set might follow Primal Clash in the fact of it having some alternate types to some of the Pokemon. Maybe this one can give us our first fighting Cradily or non Magma Aggron line or something.

Do we know what type the non-mega Rayquaza EX is in the deck? Because I don't think we'll get the promo Rayquaza in our set, I think it will be put in a Rayquaza box, like the Charizard promo.

Also I agree with the alternate types! I really want to see our first grass Anorith and Armaldo, or water Binacle and Barbaracle.

I don't know if I'd expect the water Barbacle line here, but I could be wrong.

I agree that the corcoro Rayquaza will be a boxed product, I actually speculated that on the thread itself with the movie downloads. We haven't seen the Rayquaza EX from the deck yet that I know of. I suppose that could be dragon but that has little relevance to Latios EX/M. Latios EX. Though those will end up in our set those are kind of 'afterthoughts' since Japan gets these seperately in a deck and EX Pokemon in an easy to acquire legal deck (ie not World Championship ones) is something we will likely never get in English.

My hope again is for fighting Pangoro to be in this set. Japan got it as a promo with their Rising Fists. And when Japan got their version of our battle arena decks (including two Xerneas EX and Yveltal EX, one being full art the other being our tin alternate arts) they also got a new Pancham card (and two others but I don't remember what) that would serve as the line that could go into Roaring Skies.

Really when you look at generation 3, except for Mawile fairy, Gardevoir fairy line (ignoring the EX), and the Anorith/Cradily lines, we've gotten most of the alternate types from that generation. Excluding thing with flying as that type because as much I hate to say it the odds of getting those are slim at best.

Pikachu6319 said:
I don't know if I'd expect the water Barbacle line here, but I could be wrong.

I agree that the corcoro Rayquaza will be a boxed product, I actually speculated that on the thread itself with the movie downloads. We haven't seen the Rayquaza EX from the deck yet that I know of. I suppose that could be dragon but that has little relevance to Latios EX/M. Latios EX. Though those will end up in our set those are kind of 'afterthoughts' since Japan gets these seperately in a deck and EX Pokemon in an easy to acquire legal deck (ie not World Championship ones) is something we will likely never get in English.

My hope again is for fighting Pangoro to be in this set. Japan got it as a promo with their Rising Fists. And when Japan got their version of our battle arena decks (including two Xerneas EX and Yveltal EX, one being full art the other being our tin alternate arts) they also got a new Pancham card (and two others but I don't remember what) that would serve as the line that could go into Roaring Skies.

Really when you look at generation 3, except for Mawile fairy, Gardevoir fairy line (ignoring the EX), and the Anorith/Cradily lines, we've gotten most of the alternate types from that generation. Excluding thing with flying as that type because as much I hate to say it the odds of getting those are slim at best.

The two others were another dark Pangoro and a Slurpuff. The Slurpuff could go with the Swirlix promo that came with Gallade EX.

Well I think with the news of the Rayquaza's today we possibly know what the 4 Megas are going to be.

M. Rayquaza EX (colorless)
M. Rayquaza EX (dragon)
M. Latios EX (confirmed already)
M. Latias EX

I just can't picture them making a M. Latios without also including M. Latias, as for the dragon M. Rayquaza I think it'll be included in the set similar to how combustion blast Charizard is in FlashFire even though it was a promo card in Japan.

That's right, I remember it now. You're right steffenka, they could both be released that way.

Roaring Skies....okay, yes I admit it's not the best name. But I think it's full of it. Furious Fists for example, how is this any less ridiculous?

I find it odd that Latios is being done with Latias. I also found it odd that Charizard was done seperately from Blastoise and Venusuar. Also, again tp point out the lack of Suicune EX, not to mention that Registeel was the only one of the original three golems to get EX'ed. And we've had Tornadus EX for a while now, as Thundurus oddly did not get released with it. Also Darkrai and Cresselia were done seperately, as were Mewtwo and Mew and these are practically in the same vein as Latios and Latias. Odd it may be but it's not without precedent.

Again I believe that M. Latias would have made front page news already with M. Rayquaza and M. Latios if it was going to be in this set.

Pikachu6319 said:

It's just speculation, but I don't think this will be commonplace for all Megas, just the most popular ones. After all, it's been several sets since we had the last dual-type Mega (Charizard), and that even had a reason with the whole X/Y split. Yet, the two Pokémon that did get dual Mega forms, Charizard and Rayquaza, are some of the most popular Pokémon in the franchise, so it's not surprising that they would get treatment above and beyond other Megas.

Back