Discussion Max Potion Reprint

thedemonbarber

Aspiring Trainer
Max potion is huge in Aromatisse variants. It's a powerful card. Do we think it's going to be reprinted? What are the implications if it isn't? Do we want it to go, or do we want it to stay?

tbh, I do not think Max Potion is going to be reprinted. Revive is the only old item that has been reprinted from memory, so unless a Max Potion is reprinted in the upcoming set, I honestly cannot see another. There is also an increase on 'evolve this Pokemon to heal' etc cards, like Dragonite, which may hint to a lack of healing cards in the future.

Switch, Energy Switch, Escape Rope, Enhanced Hammer, Crushing Hammer, Ultra Ball, Ultra Ball, Ultra Ball, and Ultra Ball all have been reprinted recently as well. I don't think it's too likely that Max Potion will get another reprint, but it's not impossible either. It would be really weird if they decided to reprint it as a Secret Rare since it already has one.

Switch, Energy Switch, Escape Rope, Enhanced Hammer, Crushing Hammer, Ultra Ball, Ultra Ball, Ultra Ball, and Ultra Ball all have been reprinted recently as well. I don't think it's too likely that Max Potion will get another reprint, but it's not impossible either. It would be really weird if they decided to reprint it as a Secret Rare since it already has one.

Source on crushing hammer, please?

If they cut LTR from next season's rotation, and make it XY-on, Crushing Hammer will be the odd card out the door, as it will be barely rotated out, reprinted in Kalos Starter Set(which could be out the door bar its other chief cards that have later been reprinted as promos, secret rares, or other means(such as the Kalos starter trio's promos)) and not reprinted after that, meaning Enhanced Hammer will be the only remaining Hammer in standard. For those of you who love AZ, though, we have PRC Crawdaunt as a substitute CH, but for those who prefer the item, enjoy it while it's still standard-legal, and find another avenue to use it once September hits, in case KSS gets rotated out by XY-On... :(

^ Now, BTT, while it's likely that Max Potion will be out, I believe that an still-unlikely replacement might be in order: Full Restore, an item that hasn't been made into a card yet. There's always hope for replacements...

Last edited:
Crushing hammer was reprinted in KSS I believe.

I do expect some type of healing card soon because we don't have too many 'good' damage healing cards. There is rough seas, which is type specific, fresh water and potion, which are too minimal, super potion, which has seen little play, and Jinx, which is mediocre at most (forgive me if I missed any). There's also Cassius, AZ, and Pokemon Center Lady, but I think that there should be a different category for Supporter and Item healing cards.
While I don't expect a reprint, maybe there will be some type of life herb, hyper potion, moomoo milk, etc. in a future set. I think XY7/8 might be a good set to include that in because outside of Fresh water there hasn't been a half-decent healing card since XY (super potion).

Back