JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Mawile V and Mawile VSTAR were revealed from the Japanese set Incandescent Arcana, which releases in Japan on September 2nd. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Mawile V – Psychic – HP200
Basic Pokemon
[P] Sullen Slap: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Bite Off: 100 damage. Discard a random card from your opponent’s hand.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Looks like a nice fast attacker in a Lost Zone box. Sudden eater works with the massive amoutn of switch cards in Lost Zone decks and Star Rondo is a built in Guzma.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Dude this is like the 5th Mawile in the Sword and Shield expansions and the 3rd Psychic one.

Polaris

This card is very meh. The thing is, the good VStars have VStar abilities that have a greater impact than one turn. Palkia, Arceus, Dialga all have abilities that are greater than "assist in getting one KO." And we already have Leafeon Vstar's and Umbreon VMaxes abilities as flexible bosses, and both cards are better than this. This is mostly just a "kill a crobat/Lumineons." Great, but how are you going to deal with the Palkia that OHKOs you?

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Yay, I love Mawile and I wasn't playing when Mega Mawile was a thing (and it's far too weak for Expanded now)!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As a Mawile fan, I am always glad to see it get more love, but disappointed that Mawile VSTAR is so awful. The VSTAR Power is cool, but not worth the deck space given how incredible most of the other ones are.

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
That cross switcher ability will see use in many decks. Might even be better than Ivy Star! Plus since its attack is 2 colourless, you could add it to any decks just for a crobat/ lumineon kill. 260 hp for a fairy is not bad. 😃👍

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
This card is very meh. The thing is, the good VStars have VStar abilities that have a greater impact than one turn. Palkia, Arceus, Dialga all have abilities that are greater than "assist in getting one KO." And we already have Leafeon Vstar's and Umbreon VMaxes abilities as flexible bosses, and both cards are better than this. This is mostly just a "kill a crobat/Lumineons." Great, but how are you going to deal with the Palkia that OHKOs you?
Let's not forget Box of Disaster giving you 8+ Damage counter if Palkia does an OHKO. Plus, old cemetery and horror/ inteleon quick shoot can also boost its power. It can easily defeat palkia if you kill that lumineon or even starmie on the bench before your opponent collects their first prize. 😉

(Obviously, Starmie needs a quick shoot to KO or even a zigzagoon but nothing is impossible. I'm just a superfan for fairy types. And would do anything to make them shine 🧚‍♀️😁)

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
this card is awesome. golisopod was good, the switching tools are just as good if not better than they were in the gx era. the ability is just gravy. 180 isn't enough to take things out unfortunately. needs some support in that area for sure.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
You guys are not giving it the respect it deserves. Super aggresive, low maintence and useable with something like radiant zard or tina vstar as a late game strats

TandemTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Let's not forget Box of Disaster giving you 8+ Damage counter if Palkia does an OHKO. Plus, old cemetery and horror/ inteleon quick shoot can also boost its power. It can easily defeat palkia if you kill that lumineon or even starmie on the bench before your opponent collects their first prize. 😉

(Obviously, Starmie needs a quick shoot to KO or even a zigzagoon but nothing is impossible. I'm just a superfan for fairy types. And would do anything to make them shine 🧚‍♀️😁)
One thing to note is that they can actually bypass Box of Disaster with a Quick Shooting.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
You guys are not giving it the respect it deserves. Super aggresive, low maintence and useable with something like radiant zard or tina vstar as a late game strats
IMO, this card would only be good in 2 situations;
1. If you're up against somebody new or inexperienced.
2. If it's being played in theme format.

one of those isn't possible, and the other one isn't very common. this just is NOT a good Vstar.