• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Masters: Raieels (UPDATED!)

First of all, I think you have a good, solid list. I do however, have some thoughts for you to consider:

I find playing 12 draw supporters too much. Too many times I discard good resources with a Professor Juniper... So, I've re-balanced my mix to be: 3 Bianca, 2 Cheren, 3 N, 3 PJ and 1 (sometimes 2) Random Receiver. The RR can give you the option of not playing a PJ (sometimes when your hand has a few other supporters) and hopefully, you'll draw a different, more preferred supporter (an N perhaps). With the speed of this deck, I also find my opponent will N me alot (since I plan to get and stay ahead in prizes - in theory at least); so, having a Bianca to play after my opponent plays an N helps alot.

I only play 1 Skyarrow Bridge, because there's a good chance my oponent will play 1. Also, having discarded L energy in the discard pile IS a good thing.

Personally, 4 Max Potions is excessive to me. No doubt I suspect you use those for your "big" basics. However, when I play against decks like this, I ohko the targeted Poké; thus rendering MPs ineffective. Or I'll inflict let's say 30 damage onto 1 of your big basics just to force your usage of a MP to prevent a follow-on 1HKO. When those are gone, the real fun begins!

The Eels are typically a primary target of this deck; so, Max Potions will not effectively protect them in this 100+ damage output game format. After getting 4 "easy" prizes with 1HKOs (Eels, Emolgas, Thundurus, etc.), then you focus on an EX for the last 2 prizes - again theroymon... Lol.

I definitely use Zekrom EX in my deck to 1HKO annoying Poké like Garchomp and Hydreigon. This Poké is too good, imho, to exclude from this deck.

I'm also seeing increased use of Tool Scrapper; so, will Eviolites be that effective in this new season? Time will tell.

With all this said, I've opened opened a few more slots in my deck for a couple more L energy (hate not having energy when I really need them) to enhance deck performance consistency and a few techs :)D).

Back