• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Masters: Raieels (UPDATED!)

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
Pokemon

3 Raikou EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Thundurus EP
4-3 Eeletrik NV

Trainners

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
4 Max Potion
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
3 Eviolite
2 Bionca
2 Cheren
2 Switch
2 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Super Rod

Energies

8 {L}
4 {C}{C}

Strategy- Pump up Raikou and get a bench one while having a Skyarrow Bridge on the field to keep switching every turn. Then the Max Potion is a free heal for Raikou. Mewtwo grabs a lot of energies for a great deal of damage. The starter is Thunderous to grab energies and go 80 turn 2.

RE: Masters: Raieels

Have you thought about using Emolga instead of thundurus as a starter? For {C}, you can get 2 basic pokemon from your deck onto your bench. This could help make sure you get the tynamos out early so you don't run into any problems with 3-3 not being enough.

By the way, Ho-Oh > Raikou. :)

I could give it a swing. Thing about Thunderous it helps put energies in the discard pile for the eels and does a good 80. Not sure yet though. And Raikou > Ho-Oh :p This list is nearly undefeated, I don't know if I am missing or anything, but the list is hard to take anything out.

I would try emolga as well. Theoretically you could have 3 eels set up T2 as well as at least 1 mewtwo or raikou or Zek

I tried this deck out for a bit today and I must say I like it. I think its different enough from Zekeels and Rayeels that it might throw off any counter decks a bit. The only danger I can see is Garbodor but then again, Raikou really is the best/only choice as a counter. I must ask, however, what the function of Super Rod is. I really couldn't find a use for it in the matches I played.

H( )UND said:
I tried this deck out for a bit today and I must say I like it. I think its different enough from Zekeels and Rayeels that it might throw off any counter decks a bit. The only danger I can see is Garbodor but then again, Raikou really is the best/only choice as a counter. I must ask, however, what the function of Super Rod is. I really couldn't find a use for it in the matches I played.

Did you use my exact list? And it is in there to get back Zekrom ex Mewtwo ex and Eel lineups.

I actually really like the way this deck looks.

My deck http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-meweels-rayeels is pretty different, and looking here I kinda like yours better....

Baloo727 said:
I would try emolga as well. Theoretically you could have 3 eels set up T2 as well as at least 1 mewtwo or raikou or Zek

I'd rather start with Thundurus for Charge/Disastor Bolt. It jump starts the deck more than anything.

The only thing I see missing is the fourth Tynamo. You can cut a Max Potion for it. Three should be enough.

Pokeman said:
Did you use my exact list? And it is in there to get back Zekrom ex Mewtwo ex and Eel lineups.

I did indeed use both your original line up and the Emolga line variation. Perhaps, and this isn't a bad thing, I just didn't need it due to the fact that this decks line up was too strong for the opponents I was facing. Altogether a great deck in my opinion. ^.^ Still not sure whether I prefer it with or without Emolga as of yet. I would defiantly run a 4-4 Eels though as it seems more useful.

Here's my suggestion:

- 1 Max Potion
- 1 Level Ball
-or-
- Ultra Ball

+ 1-1 Eels

Removing the Level Ball or Ultra Ball for the extra Eels will give you greater odds for getting Tynamo and Thundurus out T1 and subsequently Eelektrik T2.

ps. I might try adding Tool Scraper at some point because Garbador/Terrakion will still demolish Eels without it. Just a thought.

Mora said:
I'd rather start with Thundurus for Charge/Disastor Bolt. It jump starts the deck more than anything.

The only thing I see missing is the fourth Tynamo. You can cut a Max Potion for it. Three should be enough.

I was thinking about taking out something for the fourth Tynamo, but not Max Potion it gets rid of the concept of the deck. I run 3 Tynamos so I can start with Thunderous with a better chance. And to people that run Zekrom in this deck are Garbage Pokemon players. I might cut out Super Rod.

I'm not saying take out Max Potions all together, I'm saying maybe drop one. Four just seems like overkill. I don't think even Darkrai Hydreigon runs four. I see why you would run three, but with only 40 HP, they have a tendency to dissappear. Plus with Skyarrow and Switch, you could still get a T1 charge with a Tynamo start.
Pokeman said:
And to people that run Zekrom in this deck are Garbage Pokemon players. I might cut out Super Rod.

I wouldn't be too quick to belittle Zekrom (or call players garbage :)); he still has a role in Eel variants. Bulky Basic, abuses Eviolite to reduce self damage, good damage output, easily powered up, donks Swablus, doesn't give up two prizes. Certainly not terrible.

No I am not saying Zekrom is a bad card. I am just refering to using it this deck is bad. I donno, I guess I could cut out a Max Potion, but I am not sure if that is the right card to take out.

Honestly, I don't see anything else to take out. Your Supporters are fine, Catcher needs to be at four, you can't take away from your two-of's, and Super Rod is for getting back the Eels that will inevitably be Catchered or if you lose a critical attacker or something.

Do you think it would be a good idea to cut out a Cheren and 2 Random Receivers for 2 Bionca's and a Tynamo?

I actually ended up playing around with my raieels deck the other night and I would...
-1 Zekrom EX
-1 Raikou
-1 Max Potion
+1-1 eels
+1 Zekrom

Yes, Zekrom EX does hit for 150 but he's catcher bait and takes 4 energy to attack, 2 raikous should be enough especially with super rod, 3 Max potions work fine. +1-1 eels does wonders for consistency plus it gives you more flexibility with super rod so you dont always have to get that eels line back. Zekrom also 1 shots sigilyph as well as giving you another attacker to go along with thundurus that can hit it.

P.S. after testing some more I would agree Thundurus>Emolga

I agree with no Zek EX.

In my testing he's just to bulky and slow to work well.

Pokeman said:
Do you think it would be a good idea to cut out a Cheren and 2 Random Receivers for 2 Bionca's and a Tynamo?

Cheren V.S. Bianca is really preference, Myself I play 2 Biancas keep the 2 RRs. If you were thinking of keeping cheren and decide to go another route then what I posted earlier I would just cut 1 cheren and add a tynamo.

Do you think that I need the random receivers in here though? I mean they help, but I think there is better useful cards that would be better to run.

I found them better when I took them out for 2 Bionca's. And I took out a Cheren for a Tynamo. That's about it and now I never have a suppoorter problem.

Back