Massive Second Wave of Pikachu Van Gogh Promos Releasing This Weekend, Third Wave Also Coming!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Intertoys and MediaMarkt stores have announced they will be giving out another batch of Pikachu Van Gogh promos this Saturday, February 24th. As with the first wave, customers will have to spend 30 euros on Pokemon TCG products.

Pikachu-Van-Gogh-Promo-300x102.png

This promotion will come to all of their stores once again. Both chains have over 260 stores combined. Last time they received an average of 150 copies per store (from 75 to 650 copies).
Although not announced yet, we can confirm many Primera and Bruna stores will also get a restock this weekend. Last time each of them received 25, 50, or 75 copies.
Additionally, we’ve learned that Intertoys stores will be holding at least one more giveaway — a third wave. We...

Continue reading...

Homeboy may be missing an ear, but wherever and whenever he pops up, he sure does BEND the ears of collectors, scalpers, and fans alike. He's infamous like that...

If this doesn’t illustrate that fans and collectors truly care nothing about the monetary value of their cards and just love the artwork/IP/beauty of them, I don’t know what does.

Since February 10th the card has been available at all Intertoys stores (and some other retailers as well), it has never run out of stock. (Only some stores in the biggest cities perhaps.) And now even more stock is coming.

Dutch people buying this card for more than 30 euros are literally stupid, because all this time it has been available by purchasing 30 euros of product. (And than you ALSO get 30 euros worth of product……)

Scalpers are doing a good job keeping the price up by sniping low priced listings on Cardmarket.

Last edited:
Since February 10th the card has been available at all Intertoys stores (and some other retailers as well), it has never run out of stock. (Only some stores in the biggest cities perhaps.) And now even more stock is coming.

People buying this card for more than 30 euros are literally stupid, because all this time it has been available by purchasing 30 euros of product. (And than you ALSO get 30 euros worth of product……)

Scalpers are doing a good job keeping the price up by sniping low priced listings on Cardmarket.
This is not true in the slightest. The card has been out of stock at least for more than a week now in almost every store.

Maybe in extremely local they still have them but it's far from common.

Also people in the rest of Europe don't have the luxury of buying 30 euros of cards and getting one free. That's why you can't call people stupid for paying more

This is not true in the slightest. The card has been out of stock at least for more than a week now in almost every store.

Maybe in extremely local they still have them but it's far from common.

Also people in the rest of Europe don't have the luxury of buying 30 euros of cards and getting one free. That's why you can't call people stupid for paying more

I will edit my comment, because I meant people over here in The Netherlands that pay more than 30 euros. I see it A LOT in all the Dutch marketplaces. But still, paying 50+ euros for the card is insane.

Also I know way better than you how much stock there is, unless you are actually one of my colleagues. ;)

I will edit my comment, because I meant people over here in The Netherlands that pay more than 30 euros. I see it A LOT in all the Dutch marketplaces. But still, paying 50+ euros for the card is insane.

Also I know way better than you how much stock there is, unless you are actually one of my colleagues. ;)
It's still not true though. The comment made it look like every store still had stock but that's simply not the case.

None of communities I visit have been able to obtain one since it's sold out everywhere. In Gouda and neighbour towns it's also impossible to get one from Intertoys. Restock is certainly welcome.

I agree about Dutch people playing more than 30 euros isn't the smartest but there will always be reasons why someone can't go to a store themselves. For people outside of the Netherlands I don't think paying 50 euro is dumb or anything.

It's the same as paying 30 euros for a Goku figure that's 400 yen at a local bookoff in Japan.

(...)

I agree about Dutch people playing more than 30 euros isn't the smartest but there will always be reasons why someone can't go to a store themselves. For people outside of the Netherlands I don't think paying 50 euro is dumb or anything.

(...)

Lol.... If you sort SV Black Star promo's from highest to lowest value on Cardmarket right now, you will see that the most expensive SV promo's atm range between 10 and 40 euros with a population between 5 en 60 listings available.

The Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat has a population of 900+ listings. It's absolutely nowhere near 50+ euros worth based on that alone.

Normally populair promos with this amount of listings are worth between 2 en 5 euros. (Or between 0,02 - 0,50 cents when it's a less populair card.)

Lol.... If you sort SV Black Star promo's from highest to lowest value on Cardmarket right now, you will see that the most expensive SV promo's atm range between 10 and 40 euros with a population between 5 en 60 listings available.

The Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat has a population of 900+ listings. It's absolutely nowhere near 50+ euros worth based on that alone.

Normally populair promos with this amount of listings are worth between 2 en 5 euros. (Or between 0,02 - 0,50 cents when it's a less populair card.)
Can say that about any card even 151.

Can say that about any card even 151.

Well, that just strengthens my point.

The most expensive 151 cards range between 20 and 40 euros with an availability of between 200 and 350 listings each. (Except for the Charizard MEW199 which is 70 euros with 300 listings for some reason, as always.)

Absolutely no reason to pay 50+ euros for a promo card with 900+ listings as it's way more common.

Back