Mario Kart 8 discussion

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
Hello peoples of Pokébeach, this is a thread to discuss Mario Kart 8 for Wii U! :D
so yeah, you can discuss the retro tracks, what you think the new courses will be based on, what new features....
ANY ideas that you have about Mario Kart 8! so yeah just post some ideas and I will probably reply. :D

RE: Mario Kart Wii U discussion (Mario Kart U)

I have had a love for Mario Kart for the longest time and I cannot wait to see what is done with the new game. What I would like to see is many more new courses/cups added to the existing roster and or all of the cups from every past game =D Better vehicles, more characters, new items and hopefully the points that get added to your score during each cup course is increased therefore you can actually continue on in the race even if you're on the losing end.

RE: Mario Kart Wii U discussion (Mario Kart U)

Fix the item system to the way it was before Wii or no sale.

Was hoping to see some gimmick characters but seeing Daisy and Waluigi confirmed is great.

Anyone else disappointed with the name? Anyone? We're gettin' MaddenFifa here.

Aside from that, it looks awesommmeeee. Zero gravity that looks like it actually works (Sonic Riders ZG was such a disappointment), Bikes, gliding, and swimming is back! And track design looks great!

Now just... Don't mess up online. Please Nintendo. AND PUT VS BACK IN FOR GOODNESS SAKE. Hated racing through an entire cup to race on ONE track.

Uhh. So you wanted Mario Kart Wii U? How is that better? The infinite 8 looks better and just... feels more fresh in a way.

SotS said:
Anyone else disappointed with the name? Anyone?
Not particularly. I don't mind them not getting creative with the names. I mean yes, Mario Kart 8 sounds boring, but the game's title means nearly nothing to me if the game is going to be amazing anyway.

I'm super psyched for this right now. Looks like they took MKW and MK7 and fused them together while adding in some new driving features such as driving on the walls. I'm hoping they bring back the point system that was on MKW online because the MK7 one for me is terribly boring. The points system MKW is one of the main reasons I still play the game on a regular basis, it just keeps bringing me back because I feel that desire to keep my rating high. Playing online in general is my favorite part of all recent MK games, so just as long as they do a good job on that I'm easily sold. This game obviously has huge potential, I just hope there isn't some major flaw that'll hold it back in any way.

I think the 8 was actually really unique because it represented the racing track. That's freaking sweet.

But yeah, I like they're combining some of the best parts of the last two Mario Kart games. This will most likely be the best one in recent years as long as they nail the online multiplayer.

dmaster out.

I love the idea of the Eight, being the infinity and race track and stuff, but hot off the heels of 7 it's... Not too cool.

They should have named 7 something else so this would be completely new to the series. :p

I went to the e3 demo event at best buy, and I got to play this, BUT I HAD TO WAIT 5 HOURS! and worst of all i only got to play one race!
......3 words: TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Pokemonlover903 said:
I went to the e3 demo event at best buy, and I got to play this, BUT I HAD TO WAIT 5 HOURS! and worst of all i only got to play one race!
....3 words: TOTALLY WORTH IT!

What was it like

Oh god I'm getting that same feeling back when Mario Kart Wii came about.

Prolly will end up getting this game somewhere down the road, (only thing that bugs me is collecting coins which is kinda annoying seeming since if you want to keep your speed you can't be hit which is almost impossible to avoid in MK7 (I do have a 3DS but I don't have MK7, ended up getting SM3DLand instead.)

Bo$$_89 said:
Pokemonlover903 said:
....3 words: TOTALLY WORTH IT!

What was it like

AMAZING.... but it was a multiplayer race, and they seperate the screen differently now ,but i like how the new multiplayer is, its a really fun game but it doesn't feel "that" original, it feels a little rushed

and i played with the wii remote, and they changed the drift controls :( you press 1 to drift instead of B, i dont know what it feels like to play with the gamepad

Back