Manectric EX Counters

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
What are some good counters to Manectric EX?

I don't believe there are any splash able ones that are good enough against Mega Manectric EX.

Maybe there aren't any good techs to use but I wanted to hear some possible counters.

Sigilyph/Suicune
Donphan/Landorus
Crushing Hammer and Head Ringer are sooooooooo annoying
I play a deck revolving around a thick Manectric EX line and here's some of the annoying things, they are winnable, but they are very annoying to the Manectric player.

Hawlucha is stupid good against it. For one Energy and a Bangle, you're doing 180 to it. That enough for a KO on the Basic, and from what I've seen at tournaments so far, people are more interested in playing just the Manectric EX without its Mega (maybe one or so) than a devoted Turbo Volt variant. Even if they do play the Mega, it's going to be sitting as just the Basic for a while; Mega evolution with Spirit Link isn't as easy compared to standard evolution. That and people seem to play either a 2-1 or a 3-1. From what I can tell anyways. This is just what I've observed at Cities recently.

Mora said:
Hawlucha is stupid good against it. For one Energy and a Bangle, you're doing 180 to it. That enough for a KO on the Basic, and from what I've seen at tournaments so far, people are more interested in playing just the Manectric EX without its Mega (maybe one or so) than a devoted Turbo Volt variant. Even if they do play the Mega, it's going to be sitting as just the Basic for a while; Mega evolution with Spirit Link isn't as easy compared to standard evolution. That and people seem to play either a 2-1 or a 3-1. From what I can tell anyways. This is just what I've observed at Cities recently.

Interesting. I thought more would play the Mega but I will try out the Hawlucha like you said. Might be hard to fit in my deck, but Rainbow Energy will make that easy.

Hawlucha can only do that much damage if you have a garbador in play. Hawlucha's ability is damage from this pokemons attacks is not affected by weakness or resistance.

Ironman131 said:
Hawlucha can only do that much damage if you have a garbador in play. Hawlucha's ability is damage from this pokemons attacks is not affected by weakness or resistance.

Yea very true. Thanks for pointing that out before I added it to my deck. lol

I guess there are no good Pokemon that's good against it then. right?

Not very many that can fit in any deck. I would say your best bet would be terrakian from LTR, for a fighting, a colorless energy, a muslce band, and one of our pokemon dying the turn before a terrakian could one shot a M Manectric EX.

I guess you can also try to prevent it from happening. With Seismitoad EX, you can prevent them from playing the Spirit Link, making the M Manetric much less likely to come out.

VirGen can also make short work of M-Manectric-EX many people are playing a Deoxys-EX in their VirGen lists to assist with the math. With just one Deoxys on the bench, G-Booster will hit the magic 210 needed to KO M-Manectric. Any Fighting varient will also make short work of it, as will Night March once you've gotten a decent setup.

Looks like Terrakion is my best bet. I am going to use a Lugia EX variant so once my first one is knocked out I can respond with Terrakion.

Gengar master said:
Looks like Terrakion is my best bet. I am going to use a Lugia EX variant so once my first one is knocked out I can respond with Terrakion.

Here's my advice
You are overthinking this. You are playing Lugia EX and you want to turn an auto loss into a 50/50. You are hurting consistency for a matchup you will barely see and tbh I think you are better off not trying to tech against it and accepting the loss. If it is a huge problem in your metagame you should consider a different deck.

One card no one has mentioned is Excadrill EX. For a DCE, it does 40. With Muscle Band and weakness, it wrecks Manectric three ways to Sunday. It's even got Lighting resistance! It's not the worst when facing cards that aren't Manctric, but it's not the best either. The only problem with it is its Water weakness, so if the Manectric player is playing Seismitoad, Excadrill may end up hurting you more than helping.

Aside from Excadrill nothing else is really splashable, but Fighting decks should have an easy time slaughtering Manectric. Genesect with G Booster and Deoxys seems pretty good, but I haven't tested it personally.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Gengar master said:

Here's my advice
You are overthinking this. You are playing Lugia EX and you want to turn an auto loss into a 50/50. You are hurting consistency for a matchup you will barely see and tbh I think you are better off not trying to tech against it and accepting the loss. If it is a huge problem in your metagame you should consider a different deck.

I will stick with it and if there is a lot of Manectric EXs I will consider switching my deck.

I honestly don't know what decks are in my area. I am coming back to the game. lol

pokedan24 said:
Another one you could add in is plasma frigate to negate the weakness.

Yea I was thinking about that. Either that or Frozen city to help set up OHKOs.

It all depends on what my area is playing so thanks for the help.

Ironman131 said:

Forgot to mention I play it in Garbodor. Oops, sorry about that. It's not all that splashable anyways, requiring a specific Energy type.

Although it may be among the worst EX's, I'm seriously considering adding Hawlucha EX to my Fairy deck. I only need one Rainbow Energy, the attack is great because I'l always have a stadium in play, with a band it hits Manectric for 240.

The problem with Hawlucha EX is it takes 3 energy and with only 130 HP it will likley be KO'd by the next Manectric EX or M manectric EX.

Ironman131 said:
The problem with Hawlucha EX is it takes 3 energy and with only 130 HP it will likley be KO'd by the next Manectric EX or M manectric EX.

You are right about Hawlucha's HP and energy cost, but if you hit first, you're ahead in the Prize count. And neither Manectric or M-Manectric can do 130 without a muscle band, so it's not a guaranteed KO in retaliation. And a Fairy Transfer/Max Potion after a non-banded retaliation means 4 prizes for essentially no cost.

Back