Ruling Mandibuzz - Blindside

tyrannitar trainer

Aspiring Trainer
Okay I was battling a friend and he had a Mandibuzz with a special darkness energy attached and he used blindside which states "Does 50 damage to 1 of your opponets pokemon that has any damage counters on it" against my non damaged active Torterra and he said it does 10 damage because the special dark energy says "If the Pokemon Darkness energy is attached to attacks the attack does 10 more damage to the active Pokemon". He said the attack did 0 damage then + 10 so 10 damage. But I said since I dont have damage on it he can't attack PERIOD. Which of us is right? Then what if he had a expert belt as well?

In order to add damage, the attack must first do damage. Mandibuzz will do no damage to your Torterra.~KA

Expert Belt and Special Darkness Energy both add more damage, and as was said by Arceus, you must do some damage to begin with before you can do more.

Also in regards to your comment about Blindside not being able to attack Torterra...technically, you're right; since Torterra is undamaged, it is not even a valid target for Blindside.

Back