Ruling Magnezone and another thought on fail searching

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
two questions this time...well a new thought on communication and a magnezone one

96-magnezone.jpg

my friend will NOT believe me on this. you MUST draw till you have 6 when you use magnetic draw correct? he constantly only draws 1 or 2 when he only has 1 card in his hand

98-pokemon-communication.jpg

i know i already got my answer that you can fail search this card BUT i thought of this.

you CANT fail search witht his card because you say that the deck isnt public knowledge BUT when you put the pokemon from your hand on to the top of your deck it makes it public knowledge that you have a poke in your deck. you cant fail search because it is impossible for you to not find a poke in your deck. unlike cards like PETM or collector you always have a poke in your deck after using this card. does that make sense? and would that make it impossible to fail search with this card...or am i over thinking this?

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Regarding Magnetic Draw: Your friend is wrong. If he has less than 6 cards in his hand and uses the Power, he MUST draw until his hand contains EXACTLY 6 cards.
Regarding Pokemon Communication: It's ridiculous, I know, but you are allowed to fail Pokemon Communication (and Energy Exchanger by extension), since as soon as you put it back in the deck, the game still does not "know" if you have a Pokemon or not.

Something like that did come up at a Nationals (2007? 8?) and a player was allowed to fail-search even though both players knew there was 1 Pokemon in his deck (he had just used Night Maintenance that turn).

So yeah. Ludicrous, but still allowed. (You would want to do it either to draw more cards with Uxie or to save your deck when it's low on cards.)