Magmortar+flygon x?

peddles

Aspiring Trainer
Magmortar - Fire - HP 100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Magmar
[R] Wildfire: Discard cards from the top of your opponent’s deck equal to the number of Fire Energy attached to this Pokemon. Flip a coin, if tails discard all Fire Energy attached to this Pokemon.
[R][R][C] Burst Punch: 60 damage. The opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.

+
Flygon LV.X from Rising Rivals.

I was just reading the new magmortar and got pretty excited, I was already trying to build some sort of flygon deck and this made me jump for joy. Anyone else thing this is going to be a great combo? Strategy of course would be to deck the opponent very quickly. I'd say get some sort of tank out quick(maybe flygon will suffice?) and attach as many fire energy to magmortar and free retreat whenever you get a large amount on him. the only draw back would be if you get a tails, that would suck. Any insight on this combo?

Edit: Thanks for reading the rules, but I posted the link so it's easier to read. :] ~EspeonROX.

You could add heatran lv. x, so if you flip tails, you can get two of the energies back

Eh...it's an interesting concept, but with a Stage 2 Lv. X that has Garchomp weakness and a pretty mediocre Stage 1 requiring tons of energy to really do anything, it's not going to be a competitive hit.

I was also thinking of maybe a typhlosion prime also, I've never really dabbled with fire much, maybe a ninetails too, who knows.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking magmortar could work on its own. I would use four copies of pokehealer, life herb, and moo-moo milk so they can't get KOd very easily. It's times like these that you wish togekiss was still in the format.

I like GHJamesGH's idea. However, I'm not much of a fan with the fact that Magmortar only has 100 HP. With Steelix Prime doing a potential 120, and Luxray GL LV.X already being a faster deck than you, it's going to be tough. I've played with multiple discard Energy + Typhlosion MT/Blaziken PK decks in the past, and they've always been slow for my standards. I'd focus on using tons of Engineer's Adjustments and to bust out the Ninetales ASAP if you wanna go that route, alongside Typhlosion Prime. Decking your opponent out is going to be tough, especially when you're second attack isn't very good. I'd take advantage of Chatot G's Poke-Power as well, but your deck gets too mushy with all of the Pokemon. Fitting Flygon LV.X in this deck would take a long time to set up. Sorry. :\

Maybe Magmortar could be great with HS-TR, because of Electrode Prime. You put in the deck 15/17 energies and you discard a lot of your opponent's card.

^OMG That's a great idea. I will be testing that as soon as it comes out. I might even try it tonight.

hs-tr?

I can't wait to try this thing out!!!
I also need to figure out the rest of the deck, here is what I might have going

4 magmar-4 magmortar
2-2-2 typhlosion prime
1-1 ninetales

Back