Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Vracken could be lying this whole time like i suggest earlier. But then Ninja sudden absent at the other half of Day 9 might be suspicious also

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
As for whether a Vrac lynch would guarantee a win for me if I am the indie, I don't know.
Reading this again, it still rubs me the wrong way. Isn't it normal you wouldn't know what the indie's wincon is unless you're the indie yourself, right? Feeling the need to say this is a bit weird.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
It would be good to know about your more recent targets to help town get as much information as possible.
Eh, I'm not sure whether I should reveal the person I targeted today. My ability does set people's vote weight to 0 after all. The person I targeted knows who they are, if they reveal it by all means I'll confirm it, but I don't know if it's a good idea to let the indie know or not.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Reading this again, it still rubs me the wrong way. Isn't it normal you wouldn't know what the indie's wincon is unless you're the indie yourself, right? Feeling the need to say this is a bit weird.
If you two are lynched and I'm indie, DoS and I are the only ones alive. Generally, an indie will have accomplished their wincon if they're the only one left.
Vrac had said I would win the game if I was an indie with only DoS, so I responded to that.
The person I targeted knows who they are, if they reveal it by all means I'll confirm it, but I don't know if it's a good idea to let the indie know or not.
That's fair. As a tracker, I just wanted to confirm that we could trust you by seeing if what you said lines up with my results.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
The day was due to end in 1hr 30mins but because I've been a bit slack of a host over this week, I'll extend by 24hours.

So Day 10 will end Monday 30th January @5pm AEST!

Vote Count to come in moments!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@Everyone should be casting votes now with 24 hours to go. I think the counts are tied or something.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Well, I took some time to think about this. I was conflicted between vracken and NP, but I've decided to go with this

##vote: vracken

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Final Game Update

Vote Count

Vracken 2 (Ninja Penguin, double o squirtle)
NinjaPenguin 1 (bbninjas, Vracken)

Vracken was lynched!

He was:

Anakin Skywalker

Alignment: Republic (Jedi)

Often described as the Chosen One, you were in the small band of Jedi that were sitting in on the Senate meeting the Separatists decided to crash. Your master, Obi-Wan Kenobi has requested you protect a small group of Senators, including your secret wife, Padme.

Passive Ability: Wife
Although you are married to the love of your life, Padme, you've had to keep it a secret as Jedi's are unable to wed. Luckily you were assigned to watch over her and a group of Senators. Throughout the game you will have a Private QT to use with the player of Padme, or the player who has Padme as a safe claim.

Active Ability: Absolute Judgement
With your stubborn persuasion you are very quick to judge people immediately on your first impression of them. Every Night you may PM me a player name. You will learn that player's alignment, however due to your stubbornness you will have a 75% chance of receiving a "Separatist" result, regardless of their alignment.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.

GM Draclord’s Day’s Grace has finished meaning he has been lynched also.

With the removal of the final Jedi from the game Darth Sidious has won!

Congratulations @bbninjas!

bbninjas has won, he was:
Darth Sidious

Alignment: Sith

As the secret Sith Lord none are aware of, you've managed to put yourself in a position where you are the Chancellor of the Republic but also the behind-the-scenes ruler of the Separatists. Manipulating this conflict to your own grand design should be easy.

Passive Ability: Hidden in Plain Sight
As a renowned politician for years prior to your appointment to Chancellor of the Republic, none would ever question your allegiance to the good of the Republic. Throughout the game, if your identity would come into question you will read as a Republic aligned player. In addition, if you would be chosen as the Night Kill target by the Separatists the Kill will be blocked.

Passive Ability: Manipulated Marriage
Using your knowledge of the Force you have made others believe you are Padme, Amidala, when secretly you had her taken out ages ago. Throughout the game you will have a private QT with the player of Anakin Skywalker, or the player with Anakin Skywalker as a safe claim, to be used in whatever way you wish. He will not know your true identity, and will know you only as Padme Amidala, his wife.

Active Ability: Senate Order
Acting as your front for your duties as the Sith Lord, you are the Chancellor of the Republic. As such, it is your duty to bring forward proposals for the Senate to vote on. Using the attached Google Doc you may select one of the Senate Orders during every Day Period to be voted on during the following Night. You may not select the same Senate Order twice. In the event of your death, the Senate Order will be chosen at random.

Active Ability: Chancellor's Decree
Using your power as the head of the Republic you are in the position to pass a Proposal without taking it to the Senate. Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me to activate this ability. If you voted ##FOR that Night's Senate Order, it will be passed regardless of the other player's votes.

Active Ability: Political Influence
None know it, but you are in charge of the Republic and also the Separatists. Throughout all of the political scheming however, your ultimate goal has been to eliminate the Jedi, using this war to do so. Every even numbered Night Period (starting Night 2) you may PM me a player name. The Night Kill for that Night will be redirected to the player of your choosing. You will not appear on any watcher/ tracker reports when using this ability.

Win Condition: All Jedi are eliminated.

Ninja Penguin has end-gamed. He was:

Onaconda Farr

Alignment: Republic (Senator)

Close family friend to Padme Amidala, your Rhodian senses have helped you to uncover a number of anti-Republic plots. You have become a bit paranoid however and actively seek conspiracies out whenever you get the chance.

Active Ability: Watchdog
Renowned for your apprehensiveness towards the Chancellor you have been sniffing out Separatist plots within the Republic throughout your career. Every Night Period you may PM me a player name. You will learn the name of one player that targeted the player you chose during that same Night. If there are more than one it will be chosen at random.

double o squirtle has end-gamed. He was:
Orn Free Taa

Alignment: Republic (Senator)

A Twi'lekian Senator and close supporter of Chancellor Palpatine, you were one of the key figures in getting him into the position of Chancellor. So supportive of the Chancellor, you hang off his every word and listen to all that he has to say.

Passive Ability: Mindless Following
Due to your mindless support for the Chancellor you will blindly follow any proposal that he puts forward. Regardless of the Senate Order announced at the beginning of the Day Period, your vote will always be "##FOR". You cannot change this vote.

Active Ability: Greed
Known as the most selfish and greedy of the Senators, you are often first to put your hand up and support the Chancellor, regardless of what he says. Every night you may PM me a player name. During the following Day Period that player's vote will count for 0.

Due to GM Draclord’s ability, his role PM was never revealed. He was:
Qui-Gon Jinn

Alignment: Republic (Jedi)

Master of Obi-Wan Kenobi and one of the most revered members of Jedi Order. Your work and mediation on connecting with the Force is unique amongst the Jedi and none have been able to equal your work.

Passive Ability: Spirit of the Force
As the first member of the Jedi Order to connect with the Force on a truly spiritual level you are able to project your spirit and continue communing with people even after you die. In the event of your death you will still be able to vote and unvote as normal during Day Periods. Your posts may contain nothing more than your vote and your unvote (if applicable) and you cannot comment on the state of the game.

Passive Ability: One with the Force
Your training has been in preparation to make you one with the Force. In the event of your death, your body will simply become one with the Force and dissipate. When you die, your Role PM will not be posted in the Day/Night Update.

Active Ability: Teacher Training
Once you die you know that you will be able to come back and project your spirit to those you trust. During the Period after you die you may PM me a player name. You will project your spirit to them and be placed in a Private QT with that player for the remainder of the game. When that player dies however you will be unable to post in that QT.

thegrovylekid never had his role revealed. He was:
Count Dooku

Alignment: Separatist

Once a member of the Jedi Order you since left and became the ruler of the Separatists, under the secret leadership of your Sith Lord Master, Darth Sidious. Your Master ordered you to attack the Senate Chambers and start this conflict, but has since cancelled all contact with you to ensure you and he don't get caught out as working together.

Passive Ability: Force Absorb
Using your knowledge of the Force you've uncovered the power to absorb the power of those around you. At the end of each Night Period you will receive a single use of one of the abilities used against one of the Separatists. The ability and Separatist that you target will be chosen at random. You won’t receive an ability that a Separatist uses against another Separatist.

Active Ability: Removal
As the leader of the Separatists you have the power to order kills on any of the Republic targets. Each night you may PM me a player name and the name of one of your Separatists. That player will be killed by the named Separatist in the following update. The Night Kill will not appear on any tracker/watcher reports. In the result of your death this ability will pass to one of your fellow Separatists.

Win Condition: All Republic Senators are eliminated.

Thanks to everyone for playing! I know the game seemed to feel like it was dragging on a bit at the end but big thanks to those who continued with it and saw it through to the end!

Here are the final game links:

Role Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/115AgnrGfATJLWlZHp6PB-Gv6P0ILZcYFdCJrildKW-c/edit?usp=sharing

Separatist QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/knkuHMpyv6Lq

Anakin and Padme’s QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/hG7e97sLagxvE

Dead Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RVJH9fTcYKu5

Thanks everybody!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hooray! I started to get pretty worried once I realised I had to force mislynches on four other people before I could win, unless Vracken somehow got lynched first.

bb's role was way too overpowered. There was no easy way to kill him, if any.
While I do think my role is overpowered, I don't think it is from the perspective you have here. It is pretty standard for indies to have a bulletproof Ability, and so the only way I could die is by getting lynched (which means my play has to be on point), and that's not necessarily easy. I do think my role was a bit unfair for the scum, since I could change their nightkill every even Night, which probably (I haven't read the chat yet) screwed up their plans. Having two people control the Nightkill is very unpredictable in smaller games, as cross-faction fire often destroys one of them.

Yes, the lovers claim was entirely fake. NP seemed very intent on lynching anyone who claimed bulletproof, and both Vrack and myself found that pretty silly, so we decided that I'd just claim something unrelated instead.

Apologies @Vracken for playing you, and @scattered mind for that lynch of yours that probably shouldn't have happened! :p

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I pretty clearly played horribly in that game. My town reads were generally good, but my scum reads were way off. If bb had not redirected the kill to RF, I probably would have been lynched and town would have lost the game way earlier. At least I was correct that either bb or Vrac was indie. :p

The indie hunting was very interesting, and new for all of us. With more experience, I think we might have done better at potentially catching bb.

My big take from this game is to read off of scumtells, and not use metas as much as I've done in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.