Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anakin Skywalker

Alignment: Republic (Jedi)

Often described as the Chosen One, you were in the small band of Jedi that were sitting in on the Senate meeting the Separatists decided to crash. Your master, Obi-Wan Kenobi has requested you protect a small group of Senators, including your secret wife, Padme.

Passive Ability: Wife
Although you are married to the love of your life, Padme, you've had to keep it a secret as Jedi's are unable to wed. Luckily you were assigned to watch over her and a group of Senators. Throughout the game you will have a Private QT to use with the player of Padme, or the player who has Padme as a safe claim.

Active Ability: Absolute Judgement
With your stubborn persuasion you are very quick to judge people immediately on your first impression of them. Every Night you may PM me a player name. You will learn that player's alignment, however due to your stubbornness you will have a 75% chance of receiving a "Separatist" result, regardless of their alignment.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.
Targets?
Have you ever received a town result?
I'll claim once this is done.

Somehow I post yesterday didnt get posted. Must be connection error

##Vote: Vracken

The ability seem to be near useless, to even be of use to town in my opinion. And it's not uncommon for a husband wife role for one of them not be town align

Tell me about it, I also thought it was pretty useless, but useless abilities doesn't indicate alignment, at least not in my experience.

N1 - You successfully targeted scattered mind with your Absolute Judgement. You strongly believe him to be a Separatist.

N2 - You successfully targeted lord o da rings! You strongly believe him to be a Separatist!

N3 - Skipped, Double Suspect

N4 - Missed

N5 - You tried to judge Robins (now reinforces) alignment and found him to be a Separatist.

N6 - You successfully judged the alignment of GM Draclord to be part of the Republic!

N7 - You successfully judged the alignment of double o squirtle to be part of the Republic!

N8 - You successfully judged the alignment of GM Draclord to be part of the Republic!

I have asked Squirtle Squad if the second GM Draclord check is Republic only because the first one is, or if they are separate reads, but I believe it isn't too uncommon for Indies to have an ability that makes them being read always come up with a town result.
Squirtle Squad replied with "I roll the RNG with every use of your ability. Previous uses of your ability aren't taken into consideration."

Tell me about it, I also thought it was pretty useless, but useless abilities doesn't indicate alignment, at least not in my experience.

N1 - You successfully targeted scattered mind with your Absolute Judgement. You strongly believe him to be a Separatist.

N2 - You successfully targeted lord o da rings! You strongly believe him to be a Separatist!

N3 - Skipped, Double Suspect

N4 - Missed

N5 - You tried to judge Robins (now reinforces) alignment and found him to be a Separatist.

N6 - You successfully judged the alignment of GM Draclord to be part of the Republic!

N7 - You successfully judged the alignment of double o squirtle to be part of the Republic!

N8 - You successfully judged the alignment of GM Draclord to be part of the Republic!

I have asked Squirtle Squad if the second GM Draclord check is Republic only because the first one is, or if they are separate reads, but I believe it isn't too uncommon for Indies to have an ability that makes them being read always come up with a town result.
Squirtle Squad replied with "I roll the RNG with every use of your ability. Previous uses of your ability aren't taken into consideration."
##unvote

You could have others but pick me twice. Why?

Because I thought you were the scummiest player. Lord o was replaced by double o, so when I got two conflicting results my theory of the Indies ability was debunked. I have had a town read on ninja penguin for ages, same with bbninjas and I know what my role is, so by default you were someone to look into. I don't think the ability is particularly useful, but at least I can possibly get some checks out of it.

Also, I am not sure about which night I missed, it might have been night 5 instead, I just don't have time to go back and make sure at this moment sorry.

Targets?
Have you ever received a town result?
I'll claim once this is done.
I am looking forward to that claim, now that this is done.

Vracken did propose an interesting theory to me in our QT chat regarding why Drac scanned Republic twice despite the 12.5% odds - he's an indie with an Ability that makes him scan Republic. To me, it makes sense that the indie would have such an Ability, since Jabberwock's role was basically the same except it forced him to scan Separatist, so it sorta counter-balances. I'm happy to take those odds on Drac: ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: GM Drac

Also remember that because of the current Senate Order, the player we vote to lynch today will only end up dying a day after.

My role is:

Onaconda Farr

Alignment: Republic (Senator)

Close family friend to Padme Amidala, your Rhodian senses have helped you to uncover a number of anti-Republic plots. You have become a bit paranoid however and actively seek conspiracies out whenever you get the chance.

Active Ability: Watchdog
Renowned for your apprehensiveness towards the Chancellor you have been sniffing out Separatist plots within the Republic throughout your career. Every Night Period you may PM me a player name. You will learn the name of one player that targeted the player you chose during that same Night. If there are more than one it will be chosen at random.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.

Of course, I was waiting to role reveal to catch lies.
N1:
Watchdog: bbninjas
You watched bbninjas but you saw no one target him...
N2:
You watched bbninjas and saw that simsands targeted him.
N4:
You successfully watched bbninjas but no one targeted him!
N5:
Watchdog: Jabberwock
You went to watch who targeted Jabberwock but you were blocked!
N6:
Watchdog: Reinforce
Night 6: You successfully watched Reinforce, though you didn't see anybody target him.
N7:
Night 7: You successfully watched bbninjas, though you didn't see anybody target him.
N8:
Night 8: You successfully watched bbninjas but found that no one targeted him!

I targeted bb a lot because he is generally a target magnet, but as you can see, it didn't work out very well. The target that actually could have helped town was jabber, but Robin blocked it.

When it comes to the indie, I think Drac and Vrac as the best two choices. Drac has Vrac's role against him, but I believe Vrac has been scummy at times. I'm still suspicious when it comes to who caused the TGK/Rainy role situation. Since Vrac talked about an ability (which I've never seen) that might have caused this to happen and nobody has revealed an ability that would cause it to happen, I believe that he may be the source of this. That would mean he lied about his role.

##VOTE: Vracken
P.S. I'm sorry if that was confusing. I have some work to attend to, which made my post super rushed. If it confuses you, ask me to explain more.

Nevermind, bb dies with Vrac, and I don't want that. I still think we should look into Vrac tomorrow if Drac is town.
##UNVOTE: Vracken

I do remember Vrack speculating about an ability effect, but do you remember what the effect was, @Ninja Penguin? If the effect is particularly convoluted, then it could be a tell, but even then, town speculate and think up potential abilities quite often too.

Also, I think we only find out the alignment of today's lynched player at the end of Day 10.

Scenario time: Player 1 has the ability to block things. Player 2 has the ability to target someone with something, anything, doesn't really matter, lets say coping. Player 3 is just there, vanilla more or less.

My problem with the whole scenario was, if player 2 targets player 3 with their ability to cop, however player 1 also targets player 3 with the block, what happens?
I interpreted this to work by Player 2 is told they were blocked. If player 1 had instead blocked player 2 specifically, player 2 would be told they were blocked.

However, people told me that the first outcome (where player 3 is targeted by both players 1 and 2) would not be worded in such a way that player 2 would recieve the message "You were Blocked" or some variation of that.

Because I didn't and still am unsure about that, I wasn't willing to lynch rainyman123 over that because I saw a scenario where TDK was wrong with the way his ability worked.

If you are referring to something else, then I have no idea what ability speculation you are talking about and I will check back through my posts when I am not busy

If vracken is telling the truth about his ability. And indie probably dont have the ability to always covered their alignment as vracken ability would have been super pointless

If vracken is telling the truth about his ability. And indie probably dont have the ability to always covered their alignment as vracken ability would have been super pointless
I don't understand what you mean, tbh. I do trust Vracken, so I trust his ability. As for it being pointless, if the indie has an ability that hides their true alignment, then the point of Vrack's Ability would be to find players who aren't scum.

I'd like to point out that while it is highly unlikely that Drac would get scanned for republic twice, it's not impossible. I had a 5% chance of getting a certain result last game and I got it twice. But even with that in mind it does still seem a bit suspicious, and with only five people left I'm not too sure how I feel about lynching Vracken/bb. I still have a town read on NP, so by process of elimination Drac's really the only person I'd be fine with lynching atm. I'd vote but that would bring Drac to L-1 I think and I don't want to bring him that close to a hammer.

I know its not impossible but with such low probability,.. bb being the last indie has more pribability then that. if there is still scum left, its easy for me to be pin point as one. An indie would have easily blen with the towny as he doesnt have to consiously try to save a scum being lynched

Day 9 Vote Count

Double o squirtle 0 (bbninjas, )
GM Draclord 2 (Vracken, bbninjas, )
Vracken 0 (GM Draclord, NinjaPenguin)

@GM DracLord is at L-1

Day 9 will end on Saturday the 21st of January at 7am AEST!

It doesn't look like much discussion will come out of this day. Vrac should target me or bb.
We still need to think about the role-based mysteries so far this game, since I believe that the answer to that will lead us to the indie.

Final Vote Count Day 9

Double o squirtle 0 (bbninjas, )
GM Draclord 2 (Vracken, bbninjas, ) LYNCHED
Vracken 0 (GM Draclord, NinjaPenguin)

The remaining Republicans surrounded GM Draclord.
“We find you the most suspicious! You haven’t been very vocal of your thoughts and we find that reason to have you removed.”
“Fair enough, if that is the decision you have made.”

GM Draclord has been lynched.

Due to the Senate Order “Day’s Grace” he will still be able to use any Active Ability plus discuss and vote during Day 10.

Senate Orders
The Senate Order to be voted upon in Night 9 is called White Flag Night.

Night 9 will end on Tuesday the 24th of January at 7:30am AEST.

Day 10 Start

The search for the Indie continues!

Senate Order
White Flag Night was successfully passed! All lethal abilities that were to occur during Night 9 were blocked!

There are 4 players still alive, plus GM Draclord's Day's Grace therefore 3 votes are required to lynch.

Day 10 will end on Sunday the 29th of January at 5pm AEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back