Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's that a big assumption?
##VOTE:bbninjas at least until he reveals his full role.
You're basically making a case on me based on the assumption that I'm nightkill proof and that's why I haven't died yet and that's why I'm an indie. That's a pretty big assumption to be basing a case on this far into the game and especially when there's 24 hours left in the day, especially from an experienced player.

Yes, I did say that I have another Ability that would be rendered useless once scum knew it. That's a half truth, but I did intentionally try to make Tragic Love sound more like a killproof to deter any kills.

Padme Amidala

Alignment: Republic (Senator)

Secret Wife to Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, your Romeo and Juliet style relationship can sometimes cause strain on your commitment to law and duty. Thankfully during this crisis Anakin was assigned to watch over you and fellow Senators, allowing you to be united with him through the fight.

Passive Ability: Husband
You were recently married to secret lover, Anakin Skywalker, who, being a Jedi has had to keep this fact well hidden. Luckily the Jedi assigned him to protect you and your fellow Senators during this crisis. Throughout the game, you will have a private QT with your husband, Anakin, or the player who has Anakin as a safe claim.

Passive Ability: Tragic Love
You've fallen head over heels for your husband, and this has increased drastically with the discovery that you are pregnant, though you haven't been able to tell him yet. In the event of Anakin's death, you will also die. In the event of your death, Anakin will realise the extent to which he loved you and die also.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.​

I find the two Abilities somewhat amusing, since Husband has a "or the player who has Anakin as a safe claim" whereas Tragic Love doesn't. Tragic Love actually implies that Anakin is an actual role, since he will die if I die. I did ask SS about it, and he said that the Ability was supposed to have those safe claim clauses in it (and he updated it for me). I think SS probably missed it during editing because Anakin is in fact an actual role.

So....

There are just over 12 hours remaining

There's only 2 votes in play and barely any discussion!! Pick it up y'all!

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: scattered mind

Call it OMGUS, but I've been getting a lot of scum vibes from SM's push on me because it's really odd and weak coming from an experienced player. I'm happy to look into double o on a future day.
- Pushing for my lynch purely based on the assumption that I have a bulletproof, even after I denied it, is very odd coming from an experienced player. This sounds like SM just wants my head... perhaps because he's the indie who's been expecting scum would kill me, but they never did, so he's making up for it?
- Pulling out a case so late into the day is pretty anti-town, especially when SM's been fairly quiet before that. It forces rash decisions and prevents good discussion, and the suspect isn't always going to be around because of timezones. Sure, my SM case is a bit last minute too, but considering how the double o lynch didn't really happen and as SM has become much more scummier, I'm shifting my focus.
- I find it interesting that SM didn't really find his role that useful. It could easily catch out players who make anti-town votes, or even lie about their votes. Not noticing this could indicate that this is a fake Ability and that rather he's got a different role.
- Day 3, I called out SM for not really contributing and more sitting back and letting town do their thing. Interestingly enough, he picked up his game pretty much straight after I called him out. Now, this day phase with his odd 'scumhunting' is the second time SM's scumhunting has been a bit questionable, so I'm starting to wonder if it's him slipping in and out of a town meta disguise.

To be honest, I don't really know anything about hunting indies. So I don't really have any reads I am particularly confident in on the basis that I just don't really understand what I should be looking for, so in that regard I am just going to vote the person I think is the scummiest player over all
VOTE: GM Draclord
I will freely admit, I am not really sure what to do in this scenario, so this is my best guess

And why am i the scummiest @Vracken?

##VOTE scatteredmind

Bbninjas do have a interesting point, part of me want to vote for bbninjas but like i said before, scum might have purposely left him alone

The theory that scums intentionally left him alone is more wifomy than him being a bulletproof indie.

Final Day 8 Vote Count

Double o squirtle 0 (bbninjas, )
Bbninjas 0 (scattered mind, )
Scattered mind 2 (bbninjas, GM Draclord, )
GM Draclord 1 (Vracken, )

Sorry for the lack of the flavour! I'm on holidays!!

scattered mind has been lynched.

He was
Mon Mothma

Close friend to Padme Amidala and Bail Organa, you are also closely linked to the Chancellor as a member of his Loyalist Committee. Your position in the Loyalist Committee gives you access to information on all Senate members and the ways that they vote.

Passive Ability: Margin
Chancellor Palpatine requested long ago that you be the official tallier of Senate Order votes. At the end of the every Night Period you will receive the number of ##FOR's and the number of ##AGAINST's that Night's Senate Order received.

Active Ability: Loyalist Authority
As one of Chancellor Palpatine's members of the Loyalist Committee you are privy to certain information that only one in authority would usually obtain. Every Day Period you may PM me player name. You will learn if that player voted ##FOR or ##AGAINST the previous Night's Senate Order.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.

Senate Order

The Senate Order to be voted on tonight is called Day's Grace!
PM me a vote either ##FOR or ##AGAINST.

Night 8 will end on Sunday the 15th of January at 9:30pm.

Day 9 Start

No one was found dead during the night!

The hunt for the indie continues!

Senate Order
The Senate Order, Day's Grace, has been passed!

The player lynched at the end of Day 9 will have their role revealed but will not be removed from the game until the end of the following Day (Day 10). They will still be able to post, vote and use Active Abilities during Night 9 and Day 10.

Day 9 will end on Saturday the 21st of January at 7am AEST!

There are 5 players left alive therefore 3 votes are required for lynch!

Please be more active everybody!!

Yea, what is happening. I am just going to reaffirm my previous vote.
@GM DracLord Scorched Feathers was just really difficult to read, and since I have town reads on several of the other players, or at least things that made me think they could be town, by default you are the scummiest player on my list.

Welp, guess I'll claim.

Orn Free Taa

A Twi'lekian Senator and close supporter of Chancellor Palpatine, you were one of the key figures in getting him into the position of Chancellor. So supportive of the Chancellor, you hang off his every word and listen to all that he has to say.

Passive Ability: Mindless Following
Due to your mindless support for the Chancellor you will blindly follow any proposal that he puts forward. Regardless of the Senate Order announced at the beginning of the Day Period, your vote will always be "##FOR". You cannot change this vote.

Active Ability: Greed
Known as the most selfish and greedy of the Senators, you are often first to put your hand up and support the Chancellor, regardless of what he says. Every night you may PM me a player name. During the following Day Period that player's vote will count for 0.

Lord didn't know how to use her active ability and I forgot to use it last night. :x Targeted scattered night 7 and NP night 6.

I don't really have a firm idea for who's indie. bb's role reads indie to me but that's pretty much it, and while that is something, I don't want to lynch someone with that reason alone and Vracken and Drac are hard to read for me so idk. I do have a good town read on NP. Again, putting himself in the open like that in an attempt to lynch bb isn't a likely thing for indie to do imo.

@double o squirtle; Which day are you referring to regarding Ninja Penguin putting himself in the open to lynch me?
Day 6, but I guess he also put himself in the open to save simsands. I mean if I was indie, I probably wouldn't say stuff like this:
Wonderful... With that vote by DoS, it looks like I'll have to coax some inactives out of hiding.
@simsands You need to vote bb, and not RF. There is no chance you survive if that happens.
I'll see if I can improve the case on bb by the end of the day.

I have a reason to not claim for now, and I'll tell you guys once Vrac claims.
In the mean time, @bbninjas I'm assuming Vrac is Anakin. Is this correct?

Anakin Skywalker

Alignment: Republic (Jedi)

Often described as the Chosen One, you were in the small band of Jedi that were sitting in on the Senate meeting the Separatists decided to crash. Your master, Obi-Wan Kenobi has requested you protect a small group of Senators, including your secret wife, Padme.

Passive Ability: Wife
Although you are married to the love of your life, Padme, you've had to keep it a secret as Jedi's are unable to wed. Luckily you were assigned to watch over her and a group of Senators. Throughout the game you will have a Private QT to use with the player of Padme, or the player who has Padme as a safe claim.

Active Ability: Absolute Judgement
With your stubborn persuasion you are very quick to judge people immediately on your first impression of them. Every Night you may PM me a player name. You will learn that player's alignment, however due to your stubbornness you will have a 75% chance of receiving a "Separatist" result, regardless of their alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back