Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never tried to hunt an indie before. The only clue that I can think about that we should consider is why bb is still alive. Why didn't they try to kill him?

I have no problem with mass claim btw.

I'd never tried to hunt an indie before. The only clue that I can think about that we should consider is why bb is still alive. Why didn't they try to kill him?
Let's start now! How does me not being killed by the mafia make me a likely indie? I don't see the correlation.

Do you think that we should still mass claim even if the indie possibly still has a nightkill?

I don't think it is best to massclaim, since we do not know whether or not the lack of kill this last night is permanent. I find it ironic that you've been the one very much opposed to claiming, yet now you're the one who's calling for a massclaim. :p
To me, the reason we should not massclaim immediately is the fact that nightkillers can try to kill the players that have roles that could hurt them. Since we saw no kill last night (nor any flavor that implies a kill was blocked), I suspect that the indie is unable to preform a kill and therefore we should get as much information as possible.

Let's start now! How does me not being killed by the mafia make me a likely indie? I don't see the correlation
You may have been the target in one of the nights the kill failed. Indies generally have a form of kill prevention.

To me, the reason we should not massclaim immediately is the fact that nightkillers can try to kill the players that have roles that could hurt them. Since we saw no kill last night (nor any flavor that implies a kill was blocked), I suspect that the indie is unable to preform a kill and therefore we should get as much information as possible.
While I agree that the indie having a kill is unlikely because of the flavour, I did ask SS whether there was a kill this last night, and he just said "flavours flavour". So, not particularly helpful. That's why I'm cautious about massclaiming this Day.

You may have been the target in one of the nights the kill failed. Indies generally have a form of kill prevention.
Right, and since I don't have a form of kill prevention?

I don't have my notes with me since I am still on Holiday, nor do I have the time to go back and make an argument. I will be back hopefully at home in a couple of days. Most suspicious person to me remaining was GM draclord followed by scattered mind, though I need to go back for a more confident statement on them.

You could also defend yourself, but instead of defending yourself against why you are scummy (unless I'm reading something wrong, that's probably not going to change), you'd better off defending yourself with why you're town and not indie. :p
Defend myself against why I'm indie and not why I'm scummy? Imo, they might as well be one and the same since I've never been indie or been accused of being indie so that's really the only way I know how to defend.
Right, and since I don't have a form of kill prevention?
Well we wouldn't know if you did, but I do recall you saying that the rest of your role would be void if scum found out what it was. While that can refer to quite a few things, being bulletproof is something that comes to mind.

Imo, I think mass claiming is a good idea. The indies I've seen usually have safes that in some way relate to their actual roles, and I've noticed their roles tend to be elaborate/powerful, so it shouldn't be too hard to find connections.

Defend myself against why I'm indie and not why I'm scummy? Imo, they might as well be one and the same since I've never been indie or been accused of being indie so that's really the only way I know how to defend.
Sorry, I wrote that up terribly. What I mean is that unless you're pointing out flaws in the argument, you can't really defend against a lot of scumtells. If a scumtell legitimately applies to you, then you're going to be scummy. However, the trick to scumhunting - especially when using more general tells rather than meta tells - is looking at the whole picture - the scummy things and the townie things, and sorta weighing them up. That's why I'd say one of the best ways to defend is to give a few reasons why you're town to help the scumhunter weigh up anything that they may have missed. Just a tip for everyone.

Well we wouldn't know if you did, but I do recall you saying that the rest of your role would be void if scum found out what it was. While that can refer to quite a few things, being bulletproof is something that comes to mind.
Yeah, fair enough. The problem with both NP and SM right now is that they are making big assumptions. Which is a bit strange for SM in particular.

I dont mind claiming since my role is the mostexpandable..

However weird bbninjas still alive today, scum may have intended for us to lynch him due to suspicion.
Anyway, I no longer have my actuve abilty since somne decidep to remove it.

Qui-Gon Jinn

Alignment: Republic (Jedi)

Master of Obi-Wan Kenobi and one of the most revered members of Jedi Order. Your work and mediation on connecting with the Force is unique amongst the Jedi and none have been able to equal your work.

Passive Ability: Spirit of the Force
As the first member of the Jedi Order to connect with the Force on a truly spiritual level you are able to project your spirit and continue communing with people even after you die. In the event of your death you will still be able to vote and unvote as normal during Day Periods. Your posts may contain nothing more than your vote and your unvote (if applicable) and you cannot comment on the state of the game.

Passive Ability: One with the Force
Your training has been in preparation to make you one with the Force. In the event of your death, your body will simply become one with the Force and dissipate. When you die, your Role PM will not be posted in the Day/Night Update.

Active Ability: Teacher Training
Once you die you know that you will be able to come back and project your spirit to those you trust. During the Period after you die you may PM me a player name. You will project your spirit to them and be placed in a Private QT with that player for the remainder of the game. When that player dies however you will be unable to post in that QT.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.

Right now, it might be best to lynch Drac, since he can immediately come back (and vote in-thread). We don't stand to lose much, and the presence/absence of a kill is important to me, since we can massclaim tomorrow if there's no kill.

In addition, we'd gain access to the deadchat through the QT, which could help us inform our decisions (this would also give us potential knowledge on other potentially important topics, like TGK's role and who the scum targeted for the kill the two nights it failed).

@GM DracLord Would you be willing to do this? If so, who would you choose for the QT?

Right now, it might be best to lynch Drac, since he can immediately come back (and vote in-thread). We don't stand to lose much, and the presence/absence of a kill is important to me, since we can massclaim tomorrow if there's no kill.
While I think that SF/Drac could easily be Indie, I'm not really for lynching someone purely because they will be able to immediately come back. But if there's no one better, sure.

In addition, we'd gain access to the deadchat through the QT, which could help us inform our decisions (this would also give us potential knowledge on other potentially important topics, like TGK's role and who the scum targeted for the kill the two nights it failed).

@GM DracLord Would you be willing to do this? If so, who would you choose for the QT?
I'm not so sure that Drac will gain access to the deadchat. Most of the time, hosts make it so that if you still have access to living players, you don't receive the dead chat.

I'm not so sure that Drac will gain access to the deadchat. Most of the time, hosts make it so that if you still have access to living players, you don't receive the dead chat.
Could we potentially get SS to confirm/deny this?

I did say I lost my active ability, it is as good I am vanilla. Plus even if I have it, the no access to deadchat means the only thing i can share is what i think of others from my own perspective

I am back from my Holiday so I should be more active tomorrow after I get some rest. I will review recent events then

Yeah, fair enough. The problem with both NP and SM right now is that they are making big assumptions. Which is a bit strange for SM in particular.

How's that a big assumption?

Here's my role :

Mon Mothma

Alignment: Republic (Senator)

Close friend to Padme Amidala and Bail Organa, you are also closely linked to the Chancellor as a member of his Loyalist Committee. Your position in the Loyalist Committee gives you access to information on all Senate members and the ways that they vote.

Passive Ability: Margin
Chancellor Palpatine requested long ago that you be the official tallier of Senate Order votes. At the end of the every Night Period you will receive the number of ##FOR's and the number of ##AGAINST's that Night's Senate Order received.

Active Ability: Loyalist Authority
As one of Chancellor Palpatine's members of the Loyalist Committee you are privy to certain information that only one in authority would usually obtain. Every Day Period you may PM me player name. You will learn if that player voted ##FOR or ##AGAINST the previous Night's Senate Order.

Win Condition: All anti-Republic aligned players are eliminated.

I think I used my ability twice, and that's it. No idea how it can be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back