Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've got a little bit more internet time before I have to go offline~

You can get towncred by being able to say "I just trusted Prof. P."
How would I ge towncred for that? Wouldn't I be more likely to get scumcred for bangwagoning, if I actually did say that?

I read "around" and "on" as meaning the exact same things. What would you consider the difference?
Well they're not the same thing - they have completely different definitions! xD If someone jumps around on my scumdar (if they keep flipping from townie to scummy), than I will generally find that player at least suspicious but more likely scummy.

NP, you are taking my statements in absolutes. This latter point is most impofrtant, since scumhunting is not black and white. Tells change each by circumstance, they are flexible not rigid. A lot of my statements about houw I scumhunt come with a whole bunch of disclaimers... I just don't bother writing them all out.

It shouldn't even be used as an argument, and makes your defense of RF look more like desperate buddying than a townie.
This statement shows that you are tunnelling. Anything I do is scummy (i.e I defend someone, I am scum buddying). You are completely ignoring the fact that I've been contributing a lot to the scumhunt and were probably the hardest pusher for the quaking lynch. Finally, the need to basically convince everyone like you are in your recents posts shows that you have major tunnel vision on.

@Everyone else; I'm pretty confident that I can clear my role as town. I'm Padme and have a QT with another role. Unfortunately NPs case has come far too late in the Day for it to be worth outing my QT partner. I'm going to go try and post the relevant part of my role so stay tuned!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Padme Amidala

Alignment: Republic (Senator)

Secret Wife to Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, your Romeo and Juliet style relationship can sometimes cause strain on your commitment to law and duty. Thankfully during this crisis Anakin was assigned to watch over you and fellow Senators, allowing you to be united with him through the fight.

Passive Ability: Husband
You were recently married to secret lover, Anakin Skywalker, who, being a Jedi has had to keep this fact well hidden. Luckily the Jedi assigned him to protect you and your fellow Senators during this crisis. Throughout the game, you will have a private QT with your husband, Anakin, or the player who has Anakin as a safe claim.

--
I've left out my other Ability since it is void once scum know the exact details to what it is. It's not something that is needed to prove my innocence so I think it's better to keep it hidden.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
And, yes, there is no wincon there since it is easier to just copy the top part of my role on a phone.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
@simsands Your role is very strange, since it has a better version of part of my role. It would be scummy, but the last ability would be really bad to have on scum.
@bbninjas I have a strong town read on simsands ATM. Because of what scattered and DoS just did, I am basically forced into tunneling you right now (nobody besides you two can be lynched), since if simsands is lynched (and is town, of course), town is in serious trouble.

If you flip scum, there's good evidence scattered and DoS are too. If you flip town, my reads are really off right now.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
##VOTE: simsands

I don't have time to post my reasons due to me being travelling, but if it is between simsands and bbninjas I think simsands is the scummier player.

If I can get back before the end of day, or tomorrow, I will state my reasons in more detail but sorry that is the best I can do at this moment

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@simsands; It confirms that I have a QT - which is something town tend to have access to, I have a safeproof that can and presumably will be comparing my QT posts with my public stances to check for inconsistencies, and I have the role of such a main character. Yes, that doesn't stop the fact that I could still have a safe claim, but I think that's just another thing they could add to my innocence (if that makes sense).

@simsands Your role is very strange, since it has a better version of part of my role. It would be scummy, but the last ability would be really bad to have on scum.
@bbninjas I have a strong town read on simsands ATM. Because of what scattered and DoS just did, I am basically forced into tunneling you right now (nobody besides you two can be lynched), since if simsands is lynched (and is town, of course), town is in serious trouble.

If you flip scum, there's good evidence scattered and DoS are too. If you flip town, my reads are really off right now.
If sinsands role is like a more powerful version of your role, than that should be a HUGE red flag that simsands is claim. Two town will very rarely have really similar Abilities, especially in smaller games like this. Especially so if one ability is weaker than the other.

Also, why do you have such strong town reads on simsands? Cause judging from what most others are saying, they are generally neutral at best...

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
At the moment its hard to think simsand can stay alive. NP sound a bit desperate imo but he might have to be desperate as seeing still many scum lives.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...
Well, between the two, I find simsands scummier, though you can claim me biased because he's going after me, and I'd of course favor a choice that would stop him from pushing me...

I'm just about to get off work and probably won't be able to access PB before day ends. With about 4-5 hours remaining during the Day (if my timezone calculations are correct), I believe my double vote weight will hammer simsands. I don't think the remaining time will give us a discussion that would drastically change the situation though, so...

##VOTE: simsands

Depending on his flip, I believe we'll get some insight on the possible alignments of bbninjas and NP.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Day 6 Final Vote Count

bbninjas 2 (NinjaPenguin, simsands)
simsands 6 (bbninjas, scattered mind, double o squirtle, Vracken, Reinforce) LYNCHED

“I insist that we examine Shaak Ti!!” Bail Organa shouted.
“What about you? You’re just as suspicious as she is,” another Senator taunted back.

The Senators bantered back and forth until a number of votes landed on simsands. Which, due to the Senate Order, meant they were on him to stay, ending with his lynch.

His mind was purged and his true identity was revealed to be:

Nute Gunray

Alignment: Separatist

The Viceroy of the Trade Federation, you persistently swear by your loyalty to the Republic, though everyone knows your true allegiance lies with the Separatists. That aside, you have earned a seat in the Republic through Senator Lott Dod, who uses his position to cover up any of the anti-Republic things you do.

Active Ability: Clean Up
The Separatists are frequent flyers of the Bounty Hunters within the Galaxy. As the Viceroy of the Trade Federation it's only natural that you have them on speed dial to clean up your dirty work. Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me to activate this ability. The player killed by the Night Kill tonight will not have any information revealed about them in the upcoming update. You will receive the Role PM of the killed player.

Active Ability: Insider Knowledge
Lott Dod’s position within the Senate has granted yourself and the Separatists information on everyone relevant in the Republic. Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me a player name. You will learn if that player’s character or safe claim (if applicable) is a Senator or a Jedi.

Active Ability: Security Droids
Not just the manufacturer of Battle Droids, but your creation of watchful Security Droids has helped to create some positive appearances of the Trade Federation. Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me a player name. You will learn the names of every player who targets that player during that same Night.

Active Ability: Objection
The Republic is big on freedom of speech allowing Lott Dod to object to things from time to time. Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me a player name. During the following Day Period if that player would be lynched they will survive instead.

Active Ability: Removal
As the leader of the Separatists you have the power to order kills on any of the Republic targets. Each night you may PM me a player name and the name of one of your Separatists. That player will be killed by the named Separatist in the following update. The Night Kill will not appear on any tracker/watcher reports. In the result of your death this ability will pass to one of your fellow Separatists.

Win Condition: All Republic Senators are eliminated.

Senate Order

The Senate Order to be voted upon tonight is called: RDO

Vote either ##FOR or ##AGAINST by PMing me your vote.

Night 6 will end on the 5th of December @11pm AEST.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
The Senate Order, RDO, was passed! Day 7 was skipped as a result!

Night 7 Begin

General Grievous was alone. All of his fellow Separatists had fallen. With this in mind he set out, his target in mind and his lightsabers ready for use.

Prowling through the dark corridors, his enhanced eyesight made out a faint hooded figure.

“Master? Is that you?” he asked.

“Your work here is done Grievous. The Separatists failed to take down the Republic as you were meant to. Clearly it is time for me to step in and clean up the mess you’ve made.” the hooded figure spoke quickly.

“Yes Master! You and me together, we can finish this and destroy the Republic!”

“No. There is no together. I will be doing this alone. There is no need for you anymore. Your job is done.”

As swift as lightning, a red lightsaber was drawn and the hooded figure appeared straight in front of Grievous, cutting him down mercilessly.

Reinforce has been killed.
He was:
General Grievous

Alignment: Separatist

Once a vicious general of your native planet, you approached Separatist funder, San Hill, to turn you into the fierce cyborg, General Grievous. With your new upgrade you have been granted immense strength which, in addition to your Lightsaber training with Count Dooku, has made you extremely fearsome.

Passive Ability: Upgraded Strength
Thanks to your partner San Hill you were turned from a savage Kaleesh warrior into the cyborg known as General Grievous. With your upgraded strength, you are a fierce authority amongst all who are in your presence. Throughout the game your Day vote will be worth 2.

Active Ability: Jedi Hunter
Collector of Lightsabers, you are always looking for new Jedi's to take the power of. Every Night, you may PM me a player name. That player will have all Active Abilities blocked for that Night Period. The first time you use this ability on a Jedi you will remove all Active Abilities from their role for the remainder of the game.

Active Ability: Removal
As the leader of the Separatists you have the power to order kills on any of the Republic targets. Each night you may PM me a player name and the name of one of your Separatists. That player will be killed by the named Separatist in the following update. The Night Kill will not appear on any tracker/watcher reports. In the result of your death this ability will pass to one of your fellow Separatists.

Win Condition: All Republic Senators are eliminated.

The Separatists have been eliminated!!
However, the Independent Faction remains a threat to the Republic.

Night 7 will now begin
Due to the passing of RDO, there will be no Senate Order to vote on during Night 7, nor will there be one active during Day 8.

Night 7 will end on Sunday the 8th of January at 7:30am AEST. Please don't forget to send in all Night Actions.

Last edited:

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Day 8 Start

After hearing that the Separatist’s had been eliminated the Republic was on a high. However the celebration was cut short when the remaining Jedi exclaimed.

“Its not over! I can still feel the presence of something great and powerful, yet sinister at the same time.”

With the fear of this evil in mind, the remaining Republicans gathered together to see who was the traitor in their midst.

Day 8 has started!
There is no Senate Order in play today.

There are 6 players left alive therefore 4 votes are required to lynch!

Day 8 will end on Friday the 13th of December @8am AEST.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's a bit odd that scum got killed during Night 7, and then there appears to be no kill Night 8. I think our driver died though, so I was wondering if the indie had something to do with the kill on Reinforce. But, there being no kill Night 8 - and the fact that it doesn't look like there was an attempt - gets me a bit confused. >~>

Anyways, I think a lot of indies (a bit like scum) tend to be in the middle when it comes to cases. They don't seem to attach themselves to cases very much, because if it's on scum, they risk getting nightkilled; but if it's on town, they risk being lynched. Attaching themselves strongly to lynches tends to backfire on them too. They also tend to lurk/fly under the scumdar and not contribute all that much, again to avoid the nightkill.

I've got a few likely indie candidates in mind, though I'm not going to say them all just yet in case the lack of nightkill this last night is not a permanent thing. If there is a kill still, and if it's the indie operating it, then they might kill some of my more likely indie reads unknowingly, which would be helpful. I'm most confident in lord o/@double o squirtle right now, as I think the case is most solid, whereas the cases I'd have for my other reads are bit more WIFOMy.

Lord o in particular kept moving around on my scumdar, but even then, here's sorta been flying under it. Here's something that I posted in my QT chat, after quaking flipped, which shows why he kept moving around for me:
bbninjas said:
Neutral siding by lord o here. That said, I think him backing off here is genuine pro-town newbie-town just not following properly (which tends to happen when you're playing by yourself as town). And then lord o says quaking is strange Day 4 but doesn't act on it, which is a possibly scumbuddy scumtell. (They vote for quaking later, however.) lord o is jumping around my scumdar far too much, tbh. >.>

This also shows lord o having neutral siding, which is a common indie tell. In hindsight, that pro-town newbie-town thing could also come from an indie, as presumably they are also playing by them-self. The problem is that really, it could be both an indie or townie thing, so I'm not putting much stock into it. As for double o, his vote on simsands is certainly interesting, as it came without contribution (or explanation, for that matter).

The main concern I have with these tells is that new town and indies tend to do similar things. Many new town also lurk, bandwagon and/or tend to not contribute that much. There is still the neutral siding though, which is moreso a tell shared by indies and less experienced scum.

##VOTE: double o squirtle

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's a bit odd that scum got killed during Night 7, and then there appears to be no kill Night 8. I think our driver died though, so I was wondering if the indie had something to do with the kill on Reinforce. But, there being no kill Night 8 - and the fact that it doesn't look like there was an attempt - gets me a bit confused. >~>
*Sorry, that's Night 6 and Night 7

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Now I can't defend what Lord did because I'm not her, but I can defend what you brought up about me.
As for double o, his vote on simsands is certainly interesting, as it came without contribution (or explanation, for that matter).
It's not the first time I've voted someone without stating my reasoning, you know. And like each time before I did have reasoning. I read your response to the analysis as townie. NP, who was a bit suspicious in my eyes was pushing for you and imo it looked like he was defending simsands. Also, in the response you pointed out that simsands was either not voting or off-voting which, after reading over the vote counts again, I did find suspicious.

Btw, now that scum have been eliminated, I highly doubt that NP is indie. This is because he really stuck himself out in the open when it came to defending simsands and I doubt that would be what an indie would do.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Seeing as there was no kill last night, would it be best to massclaim? It can't hurt to give town as much information as possible.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Now I can't defend what Lord did because I'm not her, but I can defend what you brought up about me.

It's not the first time I've voted someone without stating my reasoning, you know. And like each time before I did have reasoning. I read your response to the analysis as townie. NP, who was a bit suspicious in my eyes was pushing for you and imo it looked like he was defending simsands. Also, in the response you pointed out that simsands was either not voting or off-voting which, after reading over the vote counts again, I did find suspicious.
The problem isn't really that you wagon'd, it's more that you didn't give any contributions along with your vote. You analysed the vote count, and even then, there wasn't much there regarding simsands. You did imply that simsands was scummy because of the not voting/off-voting, but nothing beyond that. Unfortunately it's not something you can really defend against. If you are town, what you need to do is give a better lynch option. You could also defend yourself, but instead of defending yourself against why you are scummy (unless I'm reading something wrong, that's probably not going to change), you'd better off defending yourself with why you're town and not indie. :p

Btw, now that scum have been eliminated, I highly doubt that NP is indie. This is because he really stuck himself out in the open when it came to defending simsands and I doubt that would be what an indie would do.
I agree that this would have been a bit of an interesting play, if he was an indie, but certainly not impossible.

Seeing as there was no kill last night, would it be best to massclaim? It can't hurt to give town as much information as possible.
I don't think it is best to massclaim, since we do not know whether or not the lack of kill this last night is permanent. I find it ironic that you've been the one very much opposed to claiming, yet now you're the one who's calling for a massclaim. :p

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I'd never tried to hunt an indie before. The only clue that I can think about that we should consider is why bb is still alive. Why didn't they try to kill him?

I have no problem with mass claim btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.