Finished Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheFlyingPidove Do you have anything to share that would make us not want to lynch you? As things are looking right now, you won't survive the day.

Also, how are your reads looking? Who do you think is scum? If you had to pick one, who do you think should be lynched today?

May as well vote:

Vote: TFP

The role seems suspicious to me, that and the fact that weird debuff has been present since like day 1. Not to mention Camo's odd behavior from his time here. Something's off.

Game End
TFP was lynched (still, thanks for standing in as a last minute sub! :p):
You are Music.

Given the composition aspect, taking the subject of music at school is actually incredibly difficult, not to mention it’s something which you need to have been prepared for from birth, as being able to play a musical instrument to a decently high standard is also a must. However, music itself is an essential part in all of our lives. It’s what makes films, video games, plays and most forms of media about 10 thousand times better, and music itself is one of the most lucrative industries, touching the hearts of everyone around the world.

Passive: Channeling Séance
When I was doing game design in my notebook while waiting for a haircut I thought that a séance was a type of music used to talk to the dead. When I started writing this Role PM I realised that it’s actually the term for the entire ceremony, but one of the sub-headings on the Wikipedia page for séances includes “trumpets”, so you get this role regardless. At the beginning of every night phase, you will channel the spirit of one of the dead in a séance. This spirit will endow you with one of their passive abilities. This ability does not trigger until there is a dead role with a passive ability, and each channelling only lasts for a cyclesingle phase. Once the next night phase begins, you will lose your previous role. This ability also cannot channel roles which are 100% tied to a particular active ability and would therefore be useless if you did channel them.

Active: Music Never Lies
Locked.

Win Condition: Eliminate all subjects which endeavour to stop Celever getting back into 6th Form.
With 6 players left alive, the remainder of the Bs decided to dispatch of the last two remaining town players. These players were:
You are Physics.

I mean, everything is physics, really. Like, literally your computer is electricity, which is physics. And you’re not suffocating in space because of gravity, and you’re not falling off your chair because of friction. Celever hates physics because it’s just difficult maths put into confusing concepts and every single question is phrased as convolutedly as possible, but no one can deny how it affects everything else on this planet.

Passive: Equation Rotation
Every night, until Night 5, you will unlock a new equation to use. However, because of your scientific brilliance, you don’t want to keep working on one equation for too long. At the start of the day following the unlock of an ability, that ability will lock, whether you used it or not.

Active: Attraction
LOCKED. Unlocks: N0

Active: Friction
LOCKED. Unlocks: N1

Active: Power
LOCKED. Unlocks: N2

Active: Upthrust
LOCKED. Unlocks: N3

Active: Gravity
LOCKED. Unlocks: N4

Active: Extension
LOCKED. Unlocks: N5

Win Condition: Eliminate all subjects who endeavour to stop Celever getting back into 6th Form.
You are Food Tech.

I mean, honestly who are we kidding, you’re just cookery. For some reason we feel the need to dress it up in schools now and call it “food tech” so that parents don’t think their kids are just making little cupcakes to eat/throw at peers on the bus home. Of course, that’s what this subject boils down to, and that’s absolutely fine. Everyone needs to know how to make cupcakes, after all!

Active: Oops, Is It Undercooked? D:
By eating your food, other players are pretty much putting their lives in your hands. I mean, if you decide to give someone a bit of raw meat or soggy dough, they could literally die. And when I mean literally, I really mean it -- after a little period of time, of course. Once per game in the day, please PM Celever “Night X -- Serve [user1] undercooked food”. At the beginning of the following day phase, user1 will die. Furthermore, your name will be revealed on the blackboard at the beginning of the night phase after the ability is used as the performer of the kill.

Active: FREE COOKIES
But on a lighter note, you made cookies! I mean, who doesn’t L-O-V-E cookies!? NO ONE, THAT’S WHO! Once per game at night, please PM Celever “Night X -- Give out free cookies”. That night, any and all abilities used on you will be blocked, including the nightkill, as you’ll just hand cookies out to any assailants instead!

Win Condition: Eliminate all subjects which endeavour to prevent Celever from getting back into 6th form.
And the Bs were:
You are English Language.

English language is the subject where students have to write creatively, with no analysis involved. It’s kinda awful to actually include it as an exam in school, because being a good writer is natural and not really something that can be taught. It benefits me that you exist because I do happen to be a good writer, but I have infinite sympathy for those who can’t get their heads wrapped around this ridiculously convoluted language.

Passive: B
Hey, why do I deserve to get bad grades, huh? And why do you want me to fail!? I like English! Ugh, fine, I can’t change your mind. You might as well have this dumb QuickTopic to discuss your nefarious plans in while you’re here! It’ll be linked in the post below.

Passive: Adaptability of Writing
The whole point of writing is adapting to whatever your mind is feeling at the time. You will take inspiration from the legacy of your fellow mafians should one of them die, and in doing so, you will receive their ability which affects the nightkill, and this ability will be snipped from their flip. This will only trigger once.

Active: So. Much. POETRY!
From time to time, students are also instructed to write poetry, in addition to having to memorise 15 poems (some up to 4 A4 pages long) in English Literature, and then analysing more poetry within the exam where there is no way of figuring out what poetry will appear in the exam before going in! Why this country has such a crazy obsession with poetry I don’t know, but at least you’ve got some experience with it. attachFull12010 At night, including night 0, please PM Celever “Night X -- Catch [Pokémon1]!” Pokémon1 must be the subject of a completed poem from a round of PokéBeach’s popular PokéPoetry competition, and all of these competitions can be found linked below. You will unlock another one-use ability based on the Pokémon you choose, and you may not choose the same Pokémon twice.

Active: Clear Smog
Gloom Fleed (Locked)

Active: Earthquake
Donphan Fleed (Locked)

Passive: Eeveelutions
Eevee has 8 evolutions and is very unique in this aspect! As such, the only reasonable ability to give it is a passive which has 8 active abilities tied to it. Don't spend them all in one place!

Active: Bubble
Vaporeon, the Water-Type eeveelution. Water-Type Pokémon are known for having high HP and for the weather Rain Dance in the competitive scene. However, a casual player of the games would probably first think of the moves Bubble or Bubblebeam. During any phase, please PM Celever "Night X -- Bubble [user1]". Any passive abilities user1 has will be disabled for the upcoming phase, but reenabled at the end of it.

Active: Fire Spin
Flareon is the cutest eeveelution, but also one of the sassiest! At night, please PM Celever "Night X -- Sass out with Fire Spin [user1]". If user1 was trying to use any of their abilities on you that night, you will roleblock user1 from using any of their abilities at all.

Active: Thunder
Thunder, despite being just about the most powerful Electric-Type move in the game, is literally just a sound! Nevertheless, it's a sound which instils fear into anyone near enough to hear it, so it's got very real power in other ways. At night, please PM Celever "Thunderise [user1]". You will coat user1 in a thunderous wave of sounds which will freak everyone out who were intending on using their actions on them. As a result, anyone targeting user1 will target a different random user instead.

Active: Moonlight
In modern society the night is oftentimes seen as a dangerous place. I love how Pokémon instead takes Moonlight and goes "here, give it healing properties instead!" At night, please PM Celever "Bask [user1] in moonlight". You will enshroud user1 in the caress of lunar rays, protecting them from any nightkills that night.

Active: Heart Swap
Espeon may not be a Manaphy, but heart swapping is a Psychic-Type move, and it has an awesome effect! At night, please PM Celever "Heart Swap [user1] and [user2]". One of user1's abilities will be gifted to user2, and vice versa. However, if a passive ability and an active ability are too closely tied, both abilities will be swapped. Additionally, some abilities will fail to be switched, and if this is the case the action will fail and will therefore not lock.

Active: Hail
Glaceon Fleed (Locked)

Active: Ingrain
Grass-Type Pokémon are known for having all kinds of status conditions, however one of what used to be the most unique moves it had in its arsenal was always Ingrain! This prevented the user from switching votes, but granted additional healing each turn. Atrocious competitively, but it's a nice idea! At day, please PM Celever "Ingrain [user1]". user1 will suddenly lose the ability to unvote, with the effect happening immediately when the action is submitted, even if the user unvotes between then and the time Celever comes online!

Active: Moonblast
And onto the more violent side of the night, Generation VI introduced the Fairy-Type, which takes anything to do with the moon and uh, kinda ruins it. Moonlight loses its charm, and now Pokémon essentially just a parody of Majora's Mask with their one successful move! At night, once you have successfully used Moonlight, please PM Celever "Night X -- MOONEXPLOSION". The target of Moonlight who was saved from a nightkill will immediately die. Ouchies :/

Active: Night Shade
Whether it be the egotistical gangsta kind or the casual camp indirecting, all forms of shade tend to anger its target. And Gengar happens to be the master of shade!At night, please PM Celever "Night X -- Throw serious shade at [user1]". user1 will target you with all abilities they try to use that night.

Active: Topsy-Turvy
For some reason in Generation VI GameFreak decided it was a good idea to make a Pokémon based on upside-downness. No, I don't get it either, but the end result is actually pretty cool. It even got its own signature move! At day, please PM Celever "Day X -- Topsy-Turvy [user1]". If user1 has a L-x or L+x modifier active, the sign will be inversed -- in other words, a user with L-1 would have a modifier of L+1, and a user with L+1 would instead be lynched at L-1.

[1][2][3][4][5][6] [7][8]

Win Condition: Eliminate all players who want Celever to achieve something in life.
You are Art.

Art is a pretty essential part of life. When people think of art, they just think of a canvas with some pretty colours, somewhat reminiscent of a reasonably nice scene. Art is in reality a subjective application of human creativity with a long history within our species.

It’s humourously appropriate that you are trying to take up all of my revision time, because as a subject you are renowned for having super long coursework with loads of homework involved, which legit does waste students’ revision time! If I weren’t so terribad at art I may have been plagued with this coursework, but even though I don’t even take the class you’re somehow making me less productive! As a B, you may discuss happenings with your fellow scum members in the QuickTopic linked in the next post in the Role PM.

Active: Artistic Means
You’d do anything to get that perfect piece of artwork and make millions! And by anything I mean uh… anything. When you nightkill a target, you may also send Celever a message, picture, video, or any other form of media. In the next day update, your media will be displayed instead of the role flip. However, you will only leave enough whitespace within your art to read a single, randomly chosen paragraph of the victim’s true Role PM, which will be sent to the scum QuickTopic.

Passive: A-Squad
There are only two subjects in this game which begin with the letter A: you, and Algebra. For the sake of balance I wanted to give you a role where you can’t be lynched while another player is alive, and Algebra gets to be that player thanks to poor and convoluted connections!

Active: Graffiti
They say a painting contains a thousand words. In this case, you’re just gonna kinda draw over all the words, so it’s sorta true?? Once per game at night, please PM Celever “Scribble over blackboard”, and if you’d like, include an image with your ability usage. The blackboard will be wiped and no information will be garnered from it for the next cycle, and if you send in an image, that image will be copy/pasted onto the blackboard instead.

Active: Masquerade
Art is also good at concealing that which needs to be hidden. In this case, you want to hide all of your scumbuddies’ roles! At night, please PM Celever “Dress [user1] and [user2] up in a costume”. During that night, if user1 and user2 are anti-town, any investigative roles will act in accordance with their safeclaim as opposed to their real claim. Once a member of the mafia faction dies, you will only be able to target one use per night.

Active: Tourism
If art is good for anything it’s being overhyped. One decent piece of artwork and the world goes cray, paying millions for human-perceived ownership of a bit of cloth or rock. As such, people tend to listen to what you have to say. At night, including night 0, please PM Celever “Display art with the following message: [message1]”. message1 may be as long as you’d like, and include any forms of media. It will be displayed in the following day update.

Active: Propaganda
When art isn’t being sold for millions it’s being used to influence the impressionable minds of humanity, forcing their subconscious into acting a certain way and into giving people who know no better opinions which they will later regret. Kinda heartless, but anything to make me fail my exams! At night, please PM Celever “put up posters around [user1]’s dorm room, making them talk like [speech-restriction-1]. During the following day phase, user1 must use speech-restriction-1 in their posts, or their vote weight will revert to 0. If I deem your speech restriction to be too convoluted or unfair, however, I will reject your action. You may ask me question about what is allowed and what isn’t, since this is somewhat vague.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players who want Celever to achieve something in life.
You are Philosophy.

Philosophy is the most important subject in the current national curriculum, and I will go on record saying that. The only subject in which you are allowed to have an opinion, philosophy at school preaches acceptance and open-mindedness. You’ve always gotta look at both sides of a debate.

Actually, philosophy is my best subject at school, possibly second only to English, and as such getting only a B here would be like, super unlikely. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be a meanie and stop him from getting a B in all of his other subjects! You can talk with your fellow Bs in the link sent to you in the next PM.

Passive: Under-asked Questions
I mean, is philosophy still important? I think it is, but many would argue the inverse. And even if people think that everyone researching philosophy is pretty important, giving everything labels is dumb, and asking all the important questions? That’s just being misguided! As a result of this, you’ve acquired an aptitude for slipping by unnoticed. If you perform the kill, you will not show up on any tracker or watcher results, or any parodies of the role.

Passive: Actually Relevant
Philosophy looks at a range of important topics which are relevant to real life. A third of all marks in this subject are also granted for talking about your own personal opinion, and that’s what you will do. You have 12 abilities, but only 6 of them may be used throughout the course of this game. Each ability is locked to another ability, as it is stating one side of a debate, and it’d be silly to change your mind on these important topics after you publicly announce them.

Active: Pro-choice
Pro-life Announced as Policy (Locked)

Active: Pro-life
Pro-life Announced as Policy (Locked)

Active: Pro-usury
Mr.Muffin Involved in a Usury Scheme (Locked)

Active: Pro-charity
Mr.Muffin Involved in a Usury Scheme (Locked)

Active: Pro-religious Schooling
Religious Schools Abolished (Locked)

Active: Anti-religious Schooling
Religious Schools Abolished (Locked)

Active: Pro-euthanasia
Euthanasia Seekers Censored (Locked)

Active: Anti-euthanasia
Euthanasia Seekers Censored (Locked)

Active: Pro-marriage
Marriage is the joining of two people with one another and is consummated through their vowing to stay with the other party through thick and through thin. Most religions believe that marriage is binding and that leaving a marriage once you’ve entered it is wrong. Once per game, please PM Celever “Night X -- Make [user1] marry someone.” user1 will be forced to target the person that they targeted with their last ability used until said target dies. This ability will lock after use, or should the ability Pro-divorce be used instead.

Active: Pro-divorce
And divorce is where two people who were previously married decide that it’s better for them to split up and stop living with each other in unhappiness. At least in the UK, this practice was established by King Henry VIII, who felt like not murdering one of his wives, despite not wanting to be with her any more. Once per game, please PM Celever “Night X -- Leave your lovers”. Any player who is a member of a neighbours QuickTopic may choose to leave said QuickTopic during the following phase. This ability will lock after use, or should the ability Pro-marriage be used instead.

Win Condition: Eliminate all subjects who want Celever to achieve something in life.
"Lol," King Xerneas began to laugh at the other subjects, "I just had to stick around to win. Thanks for not killing me, though you B meanies did try at some point >:L"
You are History.

History is one of the most important parts of modern society. The ability humans have, to look back over their history and improve their actions appropriately, is why civilisation is as civilised as it really is. People who don’t do this tend to be rejected by the masses, and this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Celever has a huge history in the game of mafia, stretching back almost 2 years before he ever joined PokéBeach, and you get to explore some of the highlights of his mafia career on this site.

Passive: Don’t Let History Repeat Itself
Every time you use one of your active abilities, it will lock. Also, you can only use one active ability each phase. (P.S., this role is very, VERY long. Necessary information for roles is underlined, everything else is flavour. I will provide a tl;dr at the end so you can easily see what abilities you have available to you.)

Active: Member’s Revolt
Member’s Revolt was the first serious game Celever played on PokéBeach, and boy was it memorable. There has been a major shift in the userbase of Forum Games since this game (the only veterans from all the way back then are: PMJ, Celever, GM DracLord, Keeper of Night, Camoclone, Reinforce, Professor Palutena and Athena, though some of these players don’t take part in every game), with PMJ actually hosting the game. Right from the start, Celever achieved a reputation of having bad reads, as in this game he rolled the doctor, and proceeded to target a mafian with his doctor ability every night cycle besides the night he protected himself (after claiming he couldn’t in-thread), which turned the game around in a single night and made the town win. Once per game at night, please PM Celever “Night X -- DocRobot_K-176 [player1]”. This player will be safe from all nightkills. However, if you target a mafian, that player will receive a buff to their ability for the night, though you will not be notified if this buff triggers or not. This buff does not stack with other potential buffs in the game.

Passive: Seleno City
Seleno City was a game hosted by @TwistedTurtwig who, FYI, needs to come back and play because he’s hilarious and I love him! The game ended up abandoned, but the game was very enjoyable and it lasted about 10 cycles, so it was basically over by the time TT ran into IRL issues. Celever’s role in that game was a dayvig who could only shoot when someone was voting for him, but because Cel personally doesn’t like giving indies killing power without harsher restrictions, the role’s a bit different in this game. If someone is voting for you, you will have a vote weight of two. However, this passive is overriden by other vote weight modifiers.

Active: Left4TheWolves
Left4TheWolves was a game hosted by @WanderingWolf, who should also come back because I miss the banter I had with him in The Challenge. :( This game was also abandoned, like Seleno City, except much earlier on (about Night 4). Sometimes it’s a wonder I stuck around, since Troll Mafia coupled with two abandoned games wasn’t a great impression. Either way, I enjoyed this game immensely as well, as I was confotown right from the start thanks to my town inno child role, which I activated immediately using ##CRY to vote. Given you’re an indie in this game, you can’t exactly be a town inno child. However, you can still cry! Once per game during the day, you may vote for a player in-thread using ##CRY. That player will target you with all of their abilities the following night.

Passive: Reign of Terror
LOCKED. Unlocks: In anarchy
The Reign of Terror is notable for being Celever’s second-favourite game on the site and the single favourite game of some of his friends. Hosted by @TheGuy, this masterpiece incorporated real world history into educating PokéBeach’s players about a terrible period in history. Professional hosting and an extremely balanced setup amalgamated into one of PokéBeach’s most successful mafia games, ironic considering the anarchic flavour posted with each update. You don’t know what this ability does yet, but you are aware that another player has the ability to change the game state into anarchy. If they do, this ability will unlock.

Active: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus
Locked.

Passive: Trust Issues
Before Splatoon, hosted by Professor Palutena and myself (but mainly Prof P), Trust Issues by Haunted Water was the most notable OC game on this site since I joined, and it ended up abandoned due to IRL reasons. However, it was still very memorable for me. I was an indie with 2 Death Proof Vests, meaning that it would take 3 attempts on my life to kill me. This is why when 3 players targeted me with lethal abilities on Night 1 I was pretty damn surprised. Fortunately this role is a part of my history though, because I think indies always need at least one DPV if their win condition is to survive. However, this game is much smaller than Trust Issues was, so you only have one DPV. Therefore, it will take 2 attempts on your life to kill you. You win condition also stems from this game.

Active: Wizarding Wars ~ Barty Crouch Jr.
Locked.

Active: Wizarding Wars ~ Mafalda Hopkirk
LOCKED. Unlocks: When you die
And you know what else Celever loves about this game? Creating a safe from limited Harry Potter knowledge, using a character with a diminutive role in the series. Mafalda Hopkirk was her name, and, after forgetting the mason chat role (which he was a scum interceptor within) in his safe claim when he first claimed it, he was somehow let off with a bad excuse. Celever’s original claim wasn’t good enough, so he managed to fashion a believable role about writing and marking stuff down. His favourite part was the spell he created -- Flagrate. But, at the same time, the other ability is probably more fun. When you die, this ability will unlock.

Active: Party in Kanto
Locked.

Passive: Harmonic Divergence
LOCKED. Unlocks: When you die
Inspired by Avatar, this was Ice Espeon’s game. Utilising an interesting mechanic of special “safeguarded” townies, one which came back in PMJ’s game Revelation and nearly in this game too. I love the extra element it gives to the scum team, because they actually have to scumhunt too and not just push lynches on any old townie. The roles themselves were also fun. In this game, Celever got a post-death role, which gave him no help when he ended up claiming. Anyway, you’ll get a similar role when you die, so have fun finding out what it is should that happen!

Active: Revelation
This game, hosted by experienced hosts PMJ and Professor Palutena, saw the introduction of the timer gimmick. The ultimate punishment to town apathy, a day would take only as long as the town dared to allow it, knowing that if they took too long the scum would automatically win. Personally I loved this gimmick, but others didn’t enjoy it so much. I think it would be neat to see it return sometime. This game also had the PMJ-coined “Celever fiasco” on Day 1, where I was cleaned by flavour, but no one believed me when I pointed it out and they all tried to lynch me instead. >_> This was alright, because of my ability, which you’ll inherit in this game. In one day phase, but as many times as you would like during said day, you may PM me the name of a player. If the day would result in that player being lynched, they will survive instead, and the player with the second-most number of votes on them will be lynched instead. Even if your pardon is unsuccessful, this ability will lock.

Active: Omega Alpha
This game, hosted by bbninjas and Camoclone, was refreshingly simple. A 2v1 with solid balance and good character, this beginner-friendly game helped secure some of the current mafia userbase’s skills and persuaded them to stick around, which to me is worth more than any crazy gimmick. That said, Celever’s role in this game was super fun, as he was Brendan! This led to him forging a mini-alliance with Cypher333 (May) once they claimed, but most importantly the role was customisable, and in the best possible way. This game is also notable for having the single worst case to actually persuade the town, when Celever made a case on Reinforce full of countless assumptions and faulty logic. The best part? It was actually successful on scum! Anyway, the centre of that case was surrounding the following ability. Once per game at night, please PM Celever “Night X -- Sharpedo [user1]”. You will steal the vote weight of what that player would have had in the following day phase and instead add it to your own vote weight. This number stacks with other abilities.

Active: Future in Stasis
LOCKED. Unlocks: When 3 townies are lynched in a row
After playing mafia on this site for a super long time, Reinforce finally got around to hosting a game himself, and boy was it good! Utilising a simple but equally central mechanic of a treasure map-esque grid for players to choose different tiles each cycle, this was a game to remember. Also memorable was a huge argument the players had about whether they could roleplay or not which took up a bulk of Day 1. In the midst of that argument, Celever claimed his role name of Bidoof, which, similar to TwistedTurtwig claiming Hagrid on Day 1 in the Wizarding Wars, actually gave credibility to his claim later on. Celever’s passive in that game would be broken on you, so you get a modification of his locked active. :v You don’t know what this ability does yet, but it will unlock when 3 members of the town are lynched on consecutive day phases.

Passive: Grima’s Rebirth
Grima’s Rebirth was a game based on the incredibly popular 3DS game Fire Emblem: Awakening, hosted by ex-mod Vom and incredibly old veteran Keeper of Night. With multiple items and customisable roles, this game was very experimental, but a lot of the abilities interacted very well. In a rare moment of PokéBeach’s history of mafia, the final members of the scum actually surrendered, because I totally figured everything out the last two scum, PMJ and Professor Palutena, figured that it was impossible for them to win looking at how much the town was stacked up against them. This was also in part thanks to Celever’s customised role being buffed on a previous day, which, given his passive and active abilities at the time, resulted in a universal omniguard, preventing the two remaining scum from killing 3 townies in one night, rendering their maneuvers to set up that scenario a waste. Your ability this game is nerfed from Celever’s in that game: for any active ability you have, unless otherwise stipulated, you can send in two names instead of one. If the first player targets you that night with one of their abilities, you will also use your action on the second player you send in. This ability locks after 2 successful uses.

Active: Dimensional Shift
Hosted by bbninjas and Jabberwock, this was the most experimental game in PokéBeach’s history. Taking the action off-site, the hosts utilised ProBoards to cut the playerbase in half, limiting discussion. Unfortunately, this also halved activity, and so some consider this game to be a flop. Personally, I think this was an important step for PokéBeach mafia to take, and has set a precedent for more interesting game design in the future. That, and I rolled the best role in the game without a doubt, being completely central to who won! Although, all the new mechanics interacted in unexpected ways, and scum ended up being able to control the game from the getgo. Another notable thing about this game is that all the flavour was written entirely from scratch, something which only PMJ ever tries to do, and the fact that each role name appeared twice made for some hilarity, but also very interesting discussion. It turns out that there’s a somewhat similar role to the primary mechanic of this game, and that’s what you’ve been given as the role to represent this game. Once per game at night, please PM Celever “Night X -- Throw [user1] and [user2] into the arena”. The following day, instead of voting who to kill, players will vote for an arena lord. That player will decide which of the two users you threw into the arena will die the following night. This ability cannot stack with Grima’s Rebirth.

Passive: Order in the Court
Order in the Court was hosted by two inexperienced players at the time: quakingpunch73 and double o squirtle. This resulted in dubious balance, but the updates were punctual and the setup was a lot of fun. This was only the second time Celever has got to be mafia on this site, and ironically the lynch which eventually killed him had the least foundation out of any other case on him on PokéBeach since Member’s Revolt, where a case was never really attempted, or Left4TheWolves where he was confotown from the start of Day 1. You get a nerfed passive from his role in that game: Frank Sahwit. Every 5th person to target you with an active ability will have a 50% chance of dying at the start of the next day phase.

Active: Team GR’s Last Stand
Locked.

Win Condition: Survive.
Congratulations to the Bs and King Xerneas for winning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Endgame Notes

OK, so I'll get the obvious out of the way first: in no way was the hosting of this game stellar, and a bunch of updates were kinda super late. :p However, hopefully people will look into the role design more and see that this game does still actually have some worth hidden in amongst the apathy. At some point I would like to throw together a postgame, but realistically this may not happen, so I'll just say this now: Some of the roles were really fun, and the game was designed with fun in mind. Roles which appear strong, whether in reality they are or not, was a really fun concept to work around during game design, and I think that the end result was actually very lucrative. Roles like English Language, Philosophy, History, Physics, Geography and Algebra are all roles which I would like to hope future hosts may be inspired by, as I for one find the unpredictability of locks and unlocks within roles a whole lot of fun. Plus, as was the theme of Omega Alpha, the customisation of TAE's role is great! However, considering that 4 of the aforementioned 6 roles endgamed, it could be that my balancing was a little skewed. On top of that, roles like D.T, Economics and Languages were a change of pace for PokéBeach, and this was more evident than I anticipated when the game really played out. All of the roles were super powerful, but D.T wasn't used well, and Economics was used adequately at best. Double o squirtle did a good job with Languages, though, and, besides targeting his mason partner twice (and happening to roll the same language when he did, IIRC) I agreed with most of his action uses.

The scum team was designed around role power vs town cred. This is especially obvious with NinjaPenguin's Philosophy role, which made NP blatantly choose between positive effects for the town or stronger effects for the scumteam which would out him as scum himself. This only worked because of the blackboard, which outed NP's ability names and tied them closely to his roles. The flip side would have been to benefit the town and then just cut the choice aspect of his role out of his claim, which I think would have been even more effective and a lot of fun to watch.

Balance-wise this game may have been tipped in favour of the anti-town. I think that history was designed with a larger game in mind, and would be balanced if there were something like 24 players. With 16 players there would have to have been too many attempts on his life in order to actually kill him. The scum weren't overly powerful, but combined with the small number of players and therefore phases and therefore information garner, there may have been some uneven tipping of the scales.

Hopefully some of you enjoyed this game a bit! :U
Google Document, GSA chat, Attraction chat, Bs' Form Room, Dropchat

Goog Game scum! I feel the main reason the game was unbalanced is that the scum team essentially had 3 janitors, leaving lots of town apathy behind.

Well, good game. I'm not too displeased with my reads this game, I suppose, at least not in the later parts of the game.

I was basically vanilla the entire game, as I didn't get an opportunity to use my abilities until I shot TAE early on today. x.x

GG! I had quite a bit of fun while I was alive. :) Nice to see indie win for a change.
Double o squirtle did a good job with Languages, though, and, besides targeting his mason partner twice (and happening to roll the same language when he did, IIRC) I agreed with most of his action uses.
When I got German twice I seriously began to think there was something weird going on with SS/Muffin. I mean, what are the odds of getting a 1 in 20 result twice? XD The main reason I did it twice was because I actually did begin to have doubts on my read of him and I wanted to know if it'd be worth it for me to die along with him. Had I managed to get an ability, that would've either confirmed or condemned him.

And wow KX's role was awesome. :O

Thanks for the game, Celever, and congrats scum! Dying early sucked, but I sorta expected it. *shrug*

Also, turns out @simsands was in fact town! I might need to adjust my scumdar on that one. :x

Looking forward to our next mafia, this time hosted by @Squirtle Squad!

Woo my little fib payed off after all. GG everyone!

I thought I shot myself in the foot when I defended Muffin when he could've possibly been mislynched and endgamed there. Being an indie was stressful especially since I had to make it to the end, but thanks to scum trying to kill me I was able to gain some major town cred.

I liked my Active that I gained from Espeon: Moonlight :p

It allowed me to pass off as town I would think as scum would kind of find healing someone useless :p (I obviously chopped off Moonblast when claiming xD)

Roadblock!

Submit a screenshot (with Big Brother tab and name identification in it) to the private conversation with only the hosts, that shows you scored 335 or higher in the following game of Yahtzee to get your next pamphlet of goodies.

Game: https://cardgames.io/yahtzee/
Example: http://imgur.com/a/nhZdl

Last edited:
At the beginning of the last day, I thought I was going to die, so I just decided to tie myself to some townies and get them lynched if/when I flipped scum. Looks like it worked!

GG, everyone! I kinda crumbled early game due to some IRL stuff, but when I got that over with, I enjoyed myself (aside from all the pressure that honestly made me feel a bit attacked at times, although that could've been from how I was feeling at the time). Balancing was definitely an issue in my eyes, as that needed some work and there should never be a semi-permajanitor in my opinion, although I really liked my role. I wanted to use one of my abilities Night 0 (can't remember the name), but I wasn't allowed. That was a good thing, since if I had, I would've lynched myself Day 1. Can't wait for the next Mafia game!

Good game everyone!!

I'm hoping to have the thread posted up tonight for the new game, I've just gotta touch up a couple of roles and it'll be up straight away :)

So, took a look at the scum chat, and must say, I am impressed with how the scum team looked out for each other, especially in Day 1! Very cool.^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back